New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Oculus Rift keeps going black screen after certain playtime

Alexgame11Alexgame11 Posts: 3
NerveGear
i just bought the oculus rift a week ago and I have been having these black screen issues. I was able to finally complete the setup, but after about 6 to 7 minutes into playtime the oculus screen kept going black. These happens for about a second then comes back. These keeps repeating and as time keeps passing by it gets worse and happens more frequently until it gets to the point in which the oculus screen stays black. 

I have this fake solution in which I unplug usb and plug it again, and it’s like if the 6-7 minutes timer I mentioned before starts again. So I am able to play perfectly for about 6-7 minutes until screen keeps going black again. I repeat these process the whole time just to be able to keep playing, but this is not what I expected.....

does anyone know what can i do? It is a brand new rift and I just hate being in this situation, I feel like if I wasted my money....
Tagged:

Comments

• BoneboysBoneboys Posts: 66
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited June 14
    You should turn off energy saving for the usb controllers, if you are unsure install the Oculus Tray Tool which can help with different settings.
    Black screen may also be related by the Oculus beta installs, opting out of the beta can resolve the issue.

There are many topics concerning "black screen" and the situation varies depending on system specs, I hope you find a fix...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=black+screen+oculus+rift
    Get a Grasp, get a Grip, get Rifting.
  • TadinTadin Posts: 256
    Nexus 6
    Almost certainly 100% power related, so as suggested install the Oculus Tray tool, as that can turn off all the USB power saving stuff.

Also, if you're using an extension cable, try without that, as that can cause similar problems.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 24,925 Oculus Staff
    Can you please submit a support ticket? Thanks. https://support.oculus.com/
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • Alexgame11Alexgame11 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Hi guys, thanks for the help.
    I installed the Oculus Tray Tool and disabled every power saving option but it didnt help.

Actually, I am on a worse situation. I just cant play now. Oculus goes black screen every two seconds as I start playing.

I dont really know what else can I do.... i am pretty disappointed with this situation, I was really excited for the Oculus, I actually built a PC for it....

Do you have any other sugestions?
  • Alexgame11Alexgame11 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Tadin said:
    Almost certainly 100% power related, so as suggested install the Oculus Tray tool, as that can turn off all the USB power saving stuff.

Also, if you're using an extension cable, try without that, as that can cause similar problems.
    I have this hdmi to mini hdmi adapter because my graphics card just have minihdmi and minidp ports. Could this be the issue?