cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payday 2 with vorpX...amazing

RirtualVeality
Adventurer
Hi there! Payday 2 is a game about a jolly band of inspiring entrepreneurs and their pursuit of the American dream...and it works flawlessly with the Rift. Yes folks, flawlessly. I've played MANY games with vorpX/Tridef and got a lot of games working with them, but I've almost ALWAYS had to sacrifice some stuff to get a nice solid frame rate. Payday 2 is the FIRST games where I threw everything up to "Ultra" settings and it was still buttery smooth...

...the 3D looks great, the field of view is just perfect (and can be adjusted to however you like from within the game), and even the depth of field seems less blurry. It's one of my favorite retrofit games yet. Get it. :shock:
4 REPLIES 4

Leonard_Powers
Explorer
OH, I have VorpX and Payday2, but after all the terrible attemps before with other games I never bothered to try.
I shall give this one a go, as I like Payday 2 alot 🙂
DK1 | DK2 | GearVR | CV1 Pre-Ordered "I reject your reality and substitute my own"

Torian
Honored Guest
Just tested this out and it definitely was in a playable state. I did notice that the 3D effect sort of muddled up and encountered an issue of double vision but that could have been an isolated incident as I haven't been able to recreate it. Thanks for the recommendation!

mondo50m
Honored Guest
So, I have tried the demo of the game and the head tracking does not work....is this just a demo problem?

Milt

RirtualVeality
Adventurer
The Rift can get pretty finicky. When that happens to me I usually do a reboot of both vorpX and Steam...and sometimes my PC as well. I've notcied the head tracking will "drop out" once in awhile when going into menus or the Steam Overlay.