cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you use Go apps on Rift ?

Rixy654
Honored Guest
Hi, I'm trying to use the new BBC sport VR - World cup app on my rift but it doesn't seem to work ? Is it possible to use Oculus GO apps on the Rift ? 

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

Redlensman
Honored Guest
Id  like to know the answer too. 

the app page says its in my library but  doesn't appear in my Rift library,

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee
Nope.  There are some that have Go and Rift versions, but they're on two completely different operating systems.

Redlensman
Honored Guest
ah, thank you

LZoltowski
Champion
Yeap, Rift runs on Windows and Oculus GO is based on Google Android, unfortunately, they are not compatible.

However, some games are released for both platforms such as Virtual Virtual Reality, Catan etc .. but need to be purchased separately.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Meekon
Honored Guest
FFS - this is totally ****.  You spend £600 on a VR headset and it cant play the stuff the cheap alternative can and its made by the same people??  Surely the Rift should have some kind of Go emulator if they are different platforms??

LZoltowski
Champion

Meekon said:

FFS - this is totally ****.  You spend £600 on a VR headset and it cant play the stuff the cheap alternative can and its made by the same people??  Surely the Rift should have some kind of Go emulator if they are different platforms??

Even the best Android emulators on windows are still poorly optimised. It is up to the developer to provide experiences on both platforms, there are some games that are, like Catan ... Dragon front etc .. 
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee

Meekon said:

I spent $3000 on my PC and it can't play XBOX games?  This is BS.

vitalsfading
Honored Guest
depends on the language, i doubt they used some kind of assembly and should be easy enough to port go titles to the rift