False alarm, My real name shows on reviews not user name! — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

False alarm, My real name shows on reviews not user name!

geebee666geebee666 Posts: 213
Nexus 6
edited June 2018 in Oculus Go
False alarm, "It's only you who can see it"  thanks to Colonel_Izzi.         My real name shows on reviews not user name! How do I fix this and how the hell did it happen!

Comments

• TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,154
    Wintermute
    Probably so if you give a negative review the developer can hunt you down, lol!  Just kidding.

I think it might be tied to your email or Facebook name, depending on what you use to login to your oculus account.

Maybe check with support and see if they can change this.

Alienware 17r4 laptop, 7700hq 2.8/3.6 ghz, 32gb ram, 250gb ssd, 1tb hd, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, Oculus Rift VR, Now with Alienware Graphics Amplifier w/gtx1080ti and Asus VG248QE external monitor. 

Now moved onto a custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled), gtx 1080 ti (from my AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card.

• geebee666geebee666 Posts: 213
    Nexus 6
    edited June 2018
    I have every privacy setting maxed out, I did have Facebook linked but also every privacy setting maxed out as I don't do social media it is now un-linked. I have had no privacy issues on the Go forums or with the Rift.
    In view of the above I don't see how this could happen, and I am not (expletive deleted) happy it did.
  • Colonel_IzziColonel_Izzi Posts: 16
    NerveGear
    It's only you who can see it.  Everyone else sees your username.  You can check this for yourself by logging out and visiting the store page again (or by opening it in a private tab in whatever browser you're using).
    Nexus 6
    edited June 2018
    Thanks, you are correct Colonel_Izzi, I have kept my name pretty much off the net, and when that popped up on the review ...................

It does seem to be an unusual choice and the only time I have ever seen such a system, most people know their own user name. :)
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,154
    Wintermute
    Must be a Facebook thing.  I don’t have anything linked to my Facebook account, just my email account,  when I look at my reviews all I see is my username, same as the one on this forum,

geebee, if you like, link me to one of your reviews and I’ll let you know what I see.

Alienware 17r4 laptop, 7700hq 2.8/3.6 ghz, 32gb ram, 250gb ssd, 1tb hd, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, Oculus Rift VR, Now with Alienware Graphics Amplifier w/gtx1080ti and Asus VG248QE external monitor. 

Now moved onto a custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled), gtx 1080 ti (from my AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card.

Nexus 6
    Thanks for the offer but I have checked it on 2 other computers now and they both show my user name.