cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED] So i got a refund for Duck Season but did i get my money back?

MikeSpeak24
Protege
I bought Duck Season and thought it was just terrible and requested a refund. After a couple of days i got an email from Oculus saying i had been refunded, i looked at my PayPal account and there was a +£10.99 from Oculus.
 But... after 24 hours of receiving this refund there are still no available funds in my PayPal account (i haven't bought anything with PP since i bought Duck Season) and when i checked my online banking there has been no refund to my visa card thats linked to my PP account. I presumed i would have to manually transfer the refund back to my bank via PP (I don't leave money in my PP account).

Hopefully i am missing something obvious as i don't normally receive money via PP, just spend it 🙂
 Wondered if anyone has any ideas before i contact Oculus Support. 
3 REPLIES 3

LZoltowski
Champion
It should go to your card, but can take a very long time, Paypal is a bit slow with refunds.

You can view the status of your refund in your Activity. Here’s how:

1. Go to Activity.
  2. Click Advanced search to see the dropdown menu.
  3. Select Refunds.
  4. If needed, select the desired date range to see your refund.
  5. Click the refunded transaction to view the details.

Where is your refund sent?

How your PayPal payment was funded determines how your refund is returned:
  • If your payment came from your card, it will be refunded to that card. Depending on your card issuer, it may take up to 30 days to complete a refund.
  • If your payment came from either your bank account or your PayPal balance, it will be refunded to your PayPal balance.
  • If you paid part with your PayPal balance and the rest with your debit or credit card, we'll refund the amount paid by debit or credit card directly to the card, and the rest to the PayPal balance.

Is your refund pending?
There are a few reasons why your refund might be pending, such as:
  • The refund was sent to an email address that isn't confirmed. PayPal payments can't complete until the recipient's email address is confirmed on their PayPal account.
  • Banking delays are holding up the refund. Banking delays can sometimes delay refunds by up to 5 working days.

https://www.paypal.com/gb/smarthelp/article/where-is-my-refund-faq1212

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

MikeSpeak24
Protege

It should go to your card, but can take a very long time, Paypal is a bit slow with refunds.

Thank you for the detailed info, It does say the refund is completed so i am going to assume it's just going to take a while to show up in my bank account as it's going back to my card 😉

Anonymous
Not applicable
So i refunded Arizona Sunshine and Richie's Plank Experience on two different prepaid visa giftcards and didn't get my money back for either of them. I have gotten emails that my refund requests went through and i got my money back, but if i try to purchase something i just get the popup that says im over the limit on my card. Can anyone help?