cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lots and lots and lots of screens in Oculus Home 2.0's um ... new screen feature!

LZoltowski
Champion
Although very cool, would be great if we had a folder that could auto play videos, so they would start on their own on the screens when you get to your home.

https://youtu.be/u80TyRGdIB0
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂
35 REPLIES 35

Digikid1
Consultant
Ouch....that poor GPU. LOL. 

VERY awesome though. Where did you get those extra large displays/monitors?

LZoltowski
Champion

Digikid1 said:

Ouch....that poor GPU. LOL. 

VERY awesome though. Where did you get those extra large displays/monitors?

They're in the special items section, under all the other categories. Only noticed them today! and thanks 🙂

Oddly enough, more screens seems to have very little impact on performance so far.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

kzintzi
Trustee
going to have to check now - I haven't "found" any of them in my weekly object boxes, but maybe I don't have to? :smile:

Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

Monstaah
Heroic Explorer
Just curious mate, what media player are you using? it looks super cool with multiple vids playing at the same time, very nice. 😃
PC Specs:

Black Box, with wires & some kind of electronicy stuff inside..
oooh it even has lights!! 😃

Digikid1
Consultant
I’m guessing VLC. Best player ever. 

ElusiveMarlin
Rising Star
@kzintzi : You get them automatically under the Special Items section in Home 2.0

I only spotted them myself last night too.  Very nice addition, but does need more customisability and the ability to remember what you have set as if you leave home and come back, you have to set up what the screen is showing again!

Also got the Retro Arcade machine which has the same features as the TV screen, was hoping for Space Invaders/PacMan/Asteroids etc 🙂

Nice work though guys, another step forward!
RIFT CV1
RIFT S
Leeds, UK.

Intel Core i7 7700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."

I need to check out these threads more often... didn't even know this was a thing! Very very awesome. I've got media files for arcade machine title videos, the screens that show before you put your coins in (as part of my MAME install). So presumably these can be used for the arcade cabinet??

ta2ng5pa0orn.gif

Edit: I just noticed that vid shows what happens just after you put your coins in so not a good example!

Digikid1
Consultant
That’s awesome. Will check it out after work. 

LZoltowski
Champion

Monstaah said:

Just curious mate, what media player are you using? it looks super cool with multiple vids playing at the same time, very nice. 😃

VLC does not work for some reason

Windows Media Player worked and MPC-HC ... anything else refused to play, also full screen youtube not working correctly currently ... or anything full screen for that matter.

Be kind to one another 🙂