New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

[Updated Oct. 30: beta v0.2.0 is released] SKYBOX beta testers needed (Oculus Go + Gear VR)

Skybox.xyzSkybox.xyz Posts: 11
NerveGear
edited October 31 in Oculus Go

Hi friends,

We are SKYBOX STUDIO. Some of you might be familiar with our product: SKYBOX VR VIDEO PLAYER

We are making rapid changes from versions to versions, but as our user group grows, we can't afford making this type of changes without beta testing with real users any more.

So we came to you guys for help, and here is how it goes:

1. We are currently only looking for beta testers with Oculus Go and Gear VR
  2. The beta testers will be getting a different version of SKYBOX when beta testing is needed for new features.
  3. You guys can report any complaints or improvements ideas directly to me at [email protected]. (Please include BETA TEST in email title)
  4. The beta versions will be released sporadically. There will be a notice sent to you couple of days before a new beta gets released with simple description of the features, and you can opt out for the update if you don't like what you see. Again, just email me for it.
  5. If you are interested in becoming a beta user, please send your Oculus registered email address and indicate which device you are using to me at [email protected]
  6. If you no longer wish to be a beta tester, also please email me and I will get you off the list right away.
  7. Please note that being beta testers can be rough sometimes because the new features or upgrade can influence you negatively depending on your own usage patterns. So please don't get too mad when this happens and just talk to me :) I'm sure we will solve it for you very quickly.
We have released beta version 0.2.0 on Oct. 29.

Here are the new updates which we want to test:

1. [Feature] Support SMB 2.0.

2. [Feature] Name recognition for VR formats (360/180/3D) on DLNA.

3. [Optimization] Big upgrade on high resolution 360 video local playback rendering quality (i.e. video looks better:)).

4. [Optimization] Zoom boost (250%).

5. [Optimization] Auto play next available video in the playlist. Loop.

6. [Optimization] Auto connect to previously connected AirScreen.

7. [Optimization] Buffered moving effect on screen dragging.

8. [Optimization] Remember previously used subtitle.

9. [Optimization] More stable time display during hover.

Best regards,

Yum
SKYBOX STUDIO

Comments

• FailrunnerFailrunner Posts: 160
    Art3mis
    Sent you an email. Can't wait!
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,429 Volunteer Moderator
    Signed up, sent you an email.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
    I'm going to sticky this for a few days in the GO section.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

• riccardogioratoriccardogiorato Posts: 7 Oculus Start Member
    Sent you the email to became a beta tester! ;) B)
  • thephuture316thephuture316 Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    option for floating screen please . #watchinbed
  • CAOSCORPCAOSCORP Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Sent you an email. 
  • przecinekprzecinek Posts: 587
    Nexus 6
    I'm one of those people who are sensitive to 60hz flicker. 
  • foxmulder85foxmulder85 Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    Hello !! Why Skybox do not  recognize MKV Files ??? must rename to MP4 my 3D films to play it !!!!!
  • CzinczarCzinczar Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I am willing to be a beta tester if at the end I receive a free copy of the software, can you guarantee thar ?
  • Lupin-IIILupin-III Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hello good video Player? let's see
  • solidshadowsolidshadow Posts: 23 Oculus Start Member
    So far the release still says 0.1.9:
    https://www.oculus.com/experiences/app/1256687334386627/

"Beta release" is referring to subscribed beta testers only? Beeing released in subscribers mailboxes as an apk ? I Havent found a single download link yet.
    So far the release still says 0.1.9:
    https://www.oculus.com/experiences/app/1256687334386627/

"Beta release" is referring to subscribed beta testers only? Beeing released in subscribers mailboxes as an apk ? I Havent found a single download link yet.
    I believe once accepted to the beta it should appear in the App Store app at the very bottom, under My Preview Apps

• Skybox.xyzSkybox.xyz Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    Hi there, 
    1. Beta release is avaliable only to those who signed up as beta testers.
    2. Once signed up, when we release a beta version, the subscribers's Oculus store will update SKYBOX to the newest release automatically.

After the beta test, if everything goes smoothly, we will then have the official release version available to all users.

SKYBOX STUDIO
  • xmnkxmnk Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    edited November 2
    I have tried your player only for a few minutes or so (for now), but i have found the playback has slight stutter/judder to it when playing 60fps videos (like all the other players really, except Oculus Gallery). Could it be that this is the thing of a 72hz mode? Oculus Gallery still plays 60fps videos @ 60hz, could this perfect lineup be the reason for a super smooth stutter-free playback, when compared to the other players? Or is there something else to it that could be fixable?
  • Skybox.xyzSkybox.xyz Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    xmnk said:
    I have tried your player only for a few minutes or so (for now), but i have found the playback has slight stutter/judder to it when playing 60fps videos (like all the other players really, except Oculus Gallery). Could it be that this is the thing of a 72hz mode? Oculus Gallery still plays 60fps videos @ 60hz, could this perfect lineup be the reason for a super smooth stutter-free playback, when compared to the other players? Or is there something else to it that could be fixable?
    Hi there,

The 72hz mode could not be the reason for the stuttering 60fps video playback.

We played many 60fps videos now but we haven't spotted such issue. Would you please share us one 60fps video which you found stuttered at [email protected] so we can test and improve this? 

Thank you very much for your help.

• xmnkxmnk Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    edited November 9
    It's the same for all 60fps videos. It's a subtle stutter (like, it feels more like a 50fps video), but definitely noticeable when compared to Oculus native player playback. At least on my Go.
  • cantennacantenna Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    edited December 9

Hi friends,

We are SKYBOX STUDIO. Some of you might be familiar with our product: SKYBOX VR VIDEO PLAYER

Sybox Jupiter environment make my go very HOT to the touch!!! I really like the space, but I am wary of using it out of fear of causing damage to my Go. Would be great if space could be optimized so that the Go doesn't run that hot