cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medium 2.0 File Manager Bug

ibuildrobots
Explorer
I apologize if this is not the appropriate feedback channel for bug discussions... this may be isolated.

I've noticed that when saving a sculpt to file, that new file media manager seems to not refresh the contents of the save.

In other words if I save a sculpt to a directory, start a new sculpt document and then try to go the media browser and open the previous saved sculpt, it is not visible to open.

I know its there, because if I attempt to "save as" the same name, it prompts for overwrite.

If I exit Medium and reopen the media browser, it seems to refresh and the media browser, and I can see my previously saved sculpt.

Note: I am saving to another internal drive, not C documents.

Specs:

Win10 Pro x64
i7
Titan X
64GB Ram
4 REPLIES 4

jessicazeta
Heroic Explorer
Good find! If the file directory you’re tryig to save in has 64 or more sub folders, directory watching breaks down. If this isn’t the case with yours we can bug it and look into this.

ibuildrobots
Explorer
I tried saving into a new blank directory and that seemed to work to refresh. 

However my old (v1.3) working directory only has 50 root folders (sculpts) and it still doesn't seem to refresh correctly, it still takes an exit and restart to refresh, so it shows up in the media browser.

jessicazeta
Heroic Explorer
Ah okay, bugging it!

ibuildrobots
Explorer
It definitely seems like something is up.

I've been working out of a empty directory today with less than 10 sculpts and it won't refresh if I "save as" in to the directory, and then go back in with "load" to try to reload the saved file.

I can confirm the sculpt does exist in the directory when I try to save with the same name it prompts for overwrite.

The sculpt is also available in the Win file explorer.

Thanks!