New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Lucky's Tale on Oculus GO

DilipDilip Posts: 235
Nexus 6
Lucky's Tale enjoys 4.4 star rating on Oculus store... Why not to bring such amazing app on Oculus GO?
Will this need petition campaign?

Comments

• ruskie666ruskie666 Posts: 32
    Brain Burst
    It is already possible to play the Rift version on the GO by using ALVR:

https://github.com/polygraphene/ALVR

The downside is you still need to be nearby your PC.
  • VinohVinoh Posts: 49
    Brain Burst
    This game is fun and performs quite well even using my MacBook Pro under Boot Camp with its builtin gpu.
  • DilipDilip Posts: 235
    Nexus 6
    edited July 2018
    Also platformer game must not be that complicated for porting...Some one need to approach Playful to bring it on GO
    Nexus 6
    ruskie666 said:
    It is already possible to play the Rift version on the GO by using ALVR:

https://github.com/polygraphene/ALVR

The downside is you still need to be nearby your PC.

True but thats hack, defying portability and all in one nature of GO 
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 2,708 Valuable Player
    How would the Go handle the 6dof?  They'd surely have to make a port in order to do it for 3dof.  How much would you be willing to pay for the game, that might catch their interest.  If it's $0 then fat chance of a port.
  • FailrunnerFailrunner Posts: 162
    Art3mis
    falken76 said:
    How would the Go handle the 6dof?  They'd surely have to make a port in order to do it for 3dof.  How much would you be willing to pay for the game, that might catch their interest.  If it's $0 then fat chance of a port.
    I don't think the game really needs 6dof. Their are ports of games Go that were 6dof on pc.
  • przecinekprzecinek Posts: 587
    Nexus 6
    True. Astraeus was developed for Qualcomm 6dof reference headset but ended up on Go :) 
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 2,708 Valuable Player
    falken76 said:
    I don't think the game really needs 6dof. Their are ports of games Go that were 6dof on pc.
    I don't think the game needs 6dof either, but it has it in the rift version.  If it's the norm to port these type of games over to go then hopefully they do this one too.
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 13,319 Valuable Player
    If you lean your head in close to Lucky, he makes a cute face. Thus: 6dof is mandatory!
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • KlodsBrikKlodsBrik Posts: 968
    3Jane
    Zenbane said:
    If you lean your head in close to Lucky, he makes a cute face. Thus: 6dof is mandatory!
    Awww ... Never did that before.
     Just tried it ... He is making loads of different gestures ( level dependant i feel ? ) ... So does the mobs .
    Lovely feature that made me speedrun the game just to check on every enemy ..
    Be good, die great !
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 13,319 Valuable Player
    I actually didn't know that the enemies reacted as well! lol

Now I gotta load this game up again. Will be the first time in over a year. woohoo!
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • KlodsBrikKlodsBrik Posts: 968
    3Jane
    edited July 2018
    lol ... Just to clarify. I meant you can interact with them move them around and stuff.
    Lucky is the one have the most animations.
    Be good, die great !
    Nexus 6
    edited July 2018
    So why such gem game is not on OCULUS GO ..Bring it on GO,

STUPID MS is already Wasting SUPER LUCKY'S TALE on their useless xbox one x  (ok i know its X)
    Since MS decided VR is daying... (xbox one x will likely to die before vr)
  • FailrunnerFailrunner Posts: 162
    Art3mis
    They'll have to solve the important cute face problem with some kind of prediction.  :)
    Nexus 6
    Sure thing ...Every 1 want it.