New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

This is pretty absurd

gr0bdagr0bda Posts: 236
Nexus 6
This is from today. I think you can figure out what I mean.

Comments

• ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 11,549 Power Poster
    You can get both for $22 or 1 for $13. What am I missing? 
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • gr0bdagr0bda Posts: 236
    Nexus 6
    I was going to make some kind of snarky remark, but I'll turn it into contest, "Who will figure it out first" then.
    In the meantime you get the label "Not the sharpest tool in the shed"! HA!
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,106
    Wintermute
    edited July 6
    I just looked....the Crytek bundle is $64.00....ouch..

Was considering Robinson but I heard it was buggy as hell.
  • kojackkojack Posts: 4,444 Volunteer Moderator
    Maybe it's because I just woke up about 5 min ago, but I don't see anything absurd.
    A bundle of The Climb and Robinson is $22. Robinson on its own is $12.99.

(Oddly, in my oculus store Robinson is 59% off, not 56%)

Nexus 6
    Kojack gets the "Not the sharpest tool..." label! "Congrats"
    Nexus 6
    Digikid... Ding-ding-ding
    Nexus 6
    Anyone needs a full explanation yet?
    gr0bda said:
    Anyone needs a full explanation yet?

Digikid posted a screenshot that shows a price different than yours. Yes, please explain from the screenshots you provided what the absurd thing is.
    Nexus 6
    I already OWN "The Climb"! Translation whoever buys the bundle today (or otherwise) gets ripped off! The crossed out price is dynamically adjusted to my library!  
    Nexus 6
    I thought Digikid got it, but clearly not, since he thumbed Zenbane!
    Nexus 6
    Sheesh. Crossed out price suggests that. That was the clue! I'm joking about insulting sheesh, don't be so sensitive! And point is not about me getting a discount it's about store should automatically factor in the adjustment from the one day sale. I have no intention buying Robinson. But whoever does purchase the bundle  today, gets shifted by $9
    Wintermute
    edited July 7
    Zenbane is quite correct.  Since you didn't mention that you ALREADY OWNED the Climb and you cut out the section under the price that has the " discount message " there was no way for us to know.

In the future please provide more details.  ;)

Nexus 6
    ONCE AGAIN CROSSED OUT PRICE SAYS THAT!!! You've never purchased or looked at bundles here. Jesus!
    That might have worked better if you didn't crop out the message that said you already owned one of the games:
    (those 5 white dots)
    Not everybody has tried to buy a bundle when they own a game in it already, that crossing out of price is also done for sales.

edited July 6
    gr0bda said:
    ONCE AGAIN CROSSED OUT PRICE SAYS THAT!!!

The crossed out price only suggests that there is a discount, which happens all the time. How does a discount suggest that you already own something? That makes no sense. For example...

Your screenshot shows that Robinson the Journey is at a reduced price. Yet that "crossed out price" is available for the entire free world right now (from $30 down to $13):

In fact, the entire Oculus Summer Sale was full of crossed out prices... for games people "do not own." lol

I get what you are saying now:
    • You own The Climb, so the Oculus Store was trying to sell you Robinsons at a Bundle discount for $22
    • Since you own The Climb, it is smarter to buy Robinsons at the stand-alone discount of $13

Since the Bundle has only 2 games (The Climb, Ronbinsons) it is a pretty dumb offer if that $22 is targeting someone who owns the Climb. Yes, absurd. Hooray!

Everyone would have gotten that if you had simply stated all the facts up-front.

"I'm going to pick a number in my head, between 1 and 10,000. If you can't guess that number, then you aren't the sharpest tool in the shed! HAHA!"
    -gr0bda

It's all good though. Nothing personal taken here.
    :)
    Nexus 6
    I figured it would be a fun way to see if people will connect the dots, after all so many prides themselves on being good with clues in games. Did some rather innocent prodding and it turns into unnecessary brouhaha. ...Don't be such a stiff!  
    Wintermute
    Mind....BLOWN!!!!
    Nexus 6
    Son of a bitch! I'm looking at other bundles. I thought only bundles that I own a game get crossed out, clearly not! Holy fuck I got an egg on my face AGAIN! FUUUUCK!
    Wintermute
    lol
    Nexus 6
    Zenbane said:

I get what you are saying now:
    • You own The Climb, so the Oculus Store was trying to sell you Robinsons at a Bundle discount for $22
    • Since you own The Climb, it is smarter to buy Robinsons at the stand-alone discount of $13

Well regardless, the above part STILL stands! And it applies to anyone who buys that bundle today, not only those that already own The Climb (or am I fucking up something again?) 
    Nexus 6
    Hey, fuck you guys, at least I can admit it! (Not happily though)
    edited July 6
    This was fun. I like you, gr0bda!

In all seriousness. I've seen Oculus Home do this type of thing before. Specifically with the Call of the Starseed series. I already owned the first game. And they kept both games at Full Price for a long time. But they would then offer a Bundle Price for both games, and that price was just a few dollars less than getting the one I wanted. It drove me nuts!

For example:
    • Starseed Ep 1: $25 (I owned this)
    • Starseep Ep 2: $35
    • Starseed Bundle: $32

Anyway, I waited long enough and got Ep 2 for under $20.
    To continue the theme of the topic, here's one I took a couple of years ago:

:smile:

Nice Kojack.

I love that the Math there ends with the number, 69.

Very appropriate in that case.
  • RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 293
    Nexus 6
    @gr0bda - I took about 10 seconds to see what your post was pointing out - only as in a previous sale on oculus store I was presented with the same 'discount'...

That said, loved the following discussion >:)
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, Gigabyte GTX 1080, Samsung 850 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Corsair Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD 3K screen)
  • Duncan_DisorderlyDuncan_Disorderly Posts: 53
    Hiro Protagonist
    Gawd damn. I love popcorn! 

That said, it must be freshly popped, the old fashioned way, with melted butter poured on top. I refuse to eat it microwaved, like an animal. It tastes horrible and never cooks properly. Inevitably, you end up with a section that's overcooked and that smell alone puts me off. 

But, I digress. I must admit, the poignancy of the OP escaped me when I saw it. Even when I learnt of it, I was non the wiser. The best part of this thread was the somewhat heated discussion that ensued, over nothing really, when you stop and think about it. Still. It goes great with popcorn. ;)
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 2,479 Valuable Player
    gr0bda said:
    I already OWN "The Climb"! Translation whoever buys the bundle today (or otherwise) gets ripped off! The crossed out price is dynamically adjusted to my library!  
    Your riddle was screwed from the get go.  You omitted the fact that you actually already owned The Climb so I guess everyone was supposed to Assume that you owned something already?
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 2,479 Valuable Player
    edited July 7
    gr0bda said:
    Sheesh. Crossed out price suggests that. That was the clue! I'm joking about insulting sheesh, don't be so sensitive! And point is not about me getting a discount it's about store should automatically factor in the adjustment from the one day sale. I have no intention buying Robinson. But whoever does purchase the bundle  today, gets shifted by $9

Crossed out price usually means marked down, usually from MSRP.  I have so many of the good games the bundles never look good to me because I always already have one of the titles in the pack.  :neutral: