cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You have a pending hardware issue that is preventing you from starting a VR app 1971055

frankelfert
Protege
I have a very strange error. Everytime I switch on my computer and i want to use the Oculus it's saying "You have a pending hardware issue that is preventing you from starting a VR app 1971055" I can open this message and it's telling me that I have no HDMI connection with the Oculus.

The solution is even simple as strange, if I reboot my computer it's working fine.. So everytime i want to use my Oculus I first need to restart my computer... I never had this issue before. More people in here with this same error?
25 REPLIES 25

TheBigNig27
Honored Guest
It is very strange, and although it isn't a 100% solution, I find that simply disconnecting the HDMI and USB cable from the headset fixes the problem as a hotfix. Some people say switching the USB to a 2.0 fixes the issue. I will also try this.

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee
Start up the Oculus client and then click on Devices, check if your HMD and sensors are all showing as connected.

cwhitney888
Honored Guest
Solution...Your headset is unplugged or not plugged in entirely under the mask, the mask bid is removable and there is a connection there that is not making contact.

mbira
Honored Guest
I am having the same error.  I unplugged and replugged all chords attached to the headset and that did not resolve the issue.  It was working well yesterday and the problem didnt arise until I installed the latest Oculus update.  Not sure if it's related or not?  I restarted my computer and that still did not resolve the issue.  I am able to use the virtual desktop just fine, but any app (including oculus home) will not open.

LastBlow
Protege
Same here. Tried everything, still same error... May be due to the latest update. Oculus Rift Support, anyone?

UnbaBungaGee
Honored Guest
I have the same issue.
Tried everything as well.

DJGamimg
Honored Guest
Oh thank you thank you the bignig27 I went through all troubles even factory reseting my computer Thank you so much

Fulaingt
Protege
WTF IS THIS... I am SICK of this shit with oculus....
"You have a pending hardware issue that is preventing you from starting a VR app."

And NO solution?

Fulaingt
Protege
ETA, it was fine before it forced me to update. 29.08.20