New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

Low-FI Gameplay Feature PART 2 (open-world Blade Runner type game from Technolust Developer)

Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,169 Power Poster
edited December 4 in General
IRIS VR provided me access to his upcoming Low-FI which is set in the Technolust universe but not a direct sequel even though some people are calling this Technolust 2.

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i7 4790K CPU, 16 GB RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.

Comments

• snowdogsnowdog Posts: 5,353 Power Poster
    Technolust was the first VR game I bought. And one of my favourites. I wish more developers would use PBR textures in their Unity games!
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 3,462 Valuable Player
    ooo looks good.
    (i must try out technolust, i bought it 12 months ago but still not tried it.
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • BrixmisBrixmis Posts: 1,991
    Project 2501
    Looks great - video presents a weird atmosphere, mind. Mostly due to the psycho-music I think :)

• Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,169 Power Poster
    PBR textures? Can you explain please?

• bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 3,462 Valuable Player
    PBR textures? Can you explain please?

Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
    Ok Roger that. Physics based rendering. Thanks.

• ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 12,272 Power Poster
    I'll buy anything from this dev studio if they keep giving the same love & attention as they did to Technolust.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • PabbertPabbert Posts: 223
    Nexus 6
    I forgot about Technolust it was a on my Steam wishlist for ages. I can only see it on the Oculus store?
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,118
    Wintermute
    I didn't like Technolus because of the lack of animation with the NPCs. It was literally like dealing with mannequins. It was like a game from the 90's in VR. The theme etc was cool but the execution was terrible IMO.

The video for the new version looks great but I want to see if they learned how to animate characters yet. 
    Just to add, the developer of this game has chimed in on Reddit about how the game could shape up. Sounds great basically. An open-world Blade Runner type game and now here's additional gameplay from a more advanced pre-alpha build.  Feel free to mute the narration and pump out your own sci-fi sounds. ;)