New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Is it possible to download and install an APK from a web link?

camtynes_PNNLcamtynes_PNNL Posts: 3
NerveGear
I want to give some Oculus Go headsets to some participants and give them a web link to download an APK. They are scattered in different locations and are not expected to learn how to sideload via USB. I figure the easiest way to have them all download the latest versions of a build is to just have them click on a web link (think Dropbox/Google Drive links) in the Oculus Go browser that will install the latest APK. Uploading to Oculus Store and updating the build there is not an option.

Answers

• desivdesiv Posts: 133
    Art3mis
    Not by default, no.
    I have heard that there might be some apps you can sideload, and those apps (was it ES File Explorer?  Can't remember; h aven't done it myself) let you install APKs from within that app. 
    But not sure..
  • camtynes_PNNLcamtynes_PNNL Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    desiv said:
    Not by default, no.
    I have heard that there might be some apps you can sideload, and those apps (was it ES File Explorer?  Can't remember; h aven't done it myself) let you install APKs from within that app. 
    But not sure..
    Thanks. I'll look into it. I spent some time trying to find a workaround to download and install how you traditionally would on an Android device, but those steps just don't work on the Go. 
  • grun7grun7 Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Hi ! I'm also interested by this, as I'm facing the same issue.

@camtynes_PNNL did you find a solution to your problem ?