New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Is it possible to download and install an APK from a web link?

camtynes_PNNLcamtynes_PNNL Posts: 3
NerveGear
I want to give some Oculus Go headsets to some participants and give them a web link to download an APK. They are scattered in different locations and are not expected to learn how to sideload via USB. I figure the easiest way to have them all download the latest versions of a build is to just have them click on a web link (think Dropbox/Google Drive links) in the Oculus Go browser that will install the latest APK. Uploading to Oculus Store and updating the build there is not an option.

Answers

• desivdesiv Posts: 133
    Art3mis
    Not by default, no.
    I have heard that there might be some apps you can sideload, and those apps (was it ES File Explorer?  Can't remember; h aven't done it myself) let you install APKs from within that app. 
    But not sure..
  • camtynes_PNNLcamtynes_PNNL Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    desiv said:
    Not by default, no.
    I have heard that there might be some apps you can sideload, and those apps (was it ES File Explorer?  Can't remember; h aven't done it myself) let you install APKs from within that app. 
    But not sure..
    Thanks. I'll look into it. I spent some time trying to find a workaround to download and install how you traditionally would on an Android device, but those steps just don't work on the Go. 
  • grun7grun7 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Hi ! I'm also interested by this, as I'm facing the same issue.

@camtynes_PNNL did you find a solution to your problem ?