Upgrading

sgall2775
Explorer

Hi I have a set up of the following

ASRock Z87 Extreme4, Sockel 1150, ATX

Intel Core i5-4570 Box, LGA1150

16GB-Kit G.Skill RipJaws PC3-8500U CL7

1070 gtx

I have had no probs running vr games but recently ive been getting some frame rate probs cant seem to sort it out so looking to upgrade some componants.

what would best processor and ram to upgrade to for my current mboard  or am I beter upgrading mboard aswell , looking for most cost effective way to upgrade.

What should I upgrade to with my current mboard

4 REPLIES 4

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Just a quick question mate. Are you getting jitters ? Is your afterburner disabled ?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

sgall2775
Explorer

Hi thanks for quick reply not sure what you mean?

Are you referring to msi program if so I don't have it installed should I ?

sgall2775
Explorer

Problem I'm getting is lone echo, subnautica and now I got seeking dawn I have to turn settings right down and it still persists, its when turning head in vr there is a sort of ghosting or drifting effect on everything, this was never present b4 so im not sure if its an software update or componants starting to ware out.

Ive disabled 2.0 in oculus as this is only recently started ive tried ASW off as well

Most games are fine skyrim vr works ok

darkeclypse
Protege
Intel i7 8700k and new Asus z370 Maximus X Hero and new 16gb 3200mhz or higher ddr4 ram would do it.

6 core CPU that easily overclocks to 5ghz with many guides on how to on youtube.

If you have a microcenter locally, they have bundle deals.