What do you Want to Put into Your Home? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

What do you Want to Put into Your Home?

DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 4,755 Valuable Player

I'm starting with a long overdue bobblehead.

Next on my list:

Star Trek Ship models, phaser, communicator, Pip-Boy, family photo (in that order!)

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18362.175)

Comments

• snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,624 Valuable Player
    A bronze statue of @vannagirl. Naked. Holding a BMG .50. B)
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 4,755 Valuable Player
    Using your imagination snowdog? or are you expecting a base mesh to be sent?
    Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18362.175)
    Techy111 said:
    A vive in the toilet used as a bog roll holder.....too much ???

I was thinking about making this a limited edition set of VR bobbleheads… complete with Rift, Vive or Pimax headsets... likely though that only the Rift one would be smiling.
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,869 Valuable Player
    Daft can share the Trek models?  I would love to have those. All the Enterprises, the voyager, ds9, the Defiant. Awesome 

I would make them float in the space environment. LOL
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,335 Valuable Player
    I thought it was way cool a while back when they had the Aegis do a fly by in Oculus Home.

Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case|
    Digikid1 said:
    Daft can share the Trek models?  I would love to have those. All the Enterprises, the voyager, ds9, the Defiant. Awesome 

That would be all of these models then... :)

My modelling skills are ok but SLOW, so you may have to make do with the pic for a while.

I'll definitely share as they're done though. Anyone care to help out? I'm trying out a photogrammetry package but it still only produces rough meshes to use a base.

• LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,754 Volunteer Moderator
    Im in the process of cleaning up and converting the following ships and models

a Stargate and a Dialing Device
    TNG Enterprise
    DS9
    Voyager

I also plan on re-creating some of the TNG bridge
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
    LZ, lets pool resources...... I can send some meshes if I can sort out decent camera settings & generate them properly!
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 5,855 Volunteer Moderator
    I have an original 60's phaser NIB......yours for 600 quid  :D
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Techy111 said:
    I have an original 60's phaser NIB......yours for 600 quid  :D

:)

Ahhhh I just dribbled a bit................
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Techy111 said:
    well I think I'll be perusing that site for a while rather than chat to you lot!
    I got so many photos signed by the cast of the original series and TNG when I went to Collectamania in Milton Keynes years ago, I'll have to dig them out. Everyone was lovely especially Nichelle Nichols and all the cast of TNG. The only one who was hidden behind body guards and wouldn't talk (we were not allowed to talk to him) was Shatner :( Also went out for a breath of fresh air and smoking a cigar outside was Dean Stockwell.........he was so friendly :) loved him in Quantum Leap.

Quantum Leap was awesome back in the day. One of my favourites.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Techy111 said:
    I got so many photos signed by the cast of the original series and TNG when I went to Collectamania in Milton Keynes years ago, I'll have to dig them out. Everyone was lovely especially Nichelle Nichols and all the cast of TNG. The only one who was hidden behind body guards and wouldn't talk (we were not allowed to talk to him) was Shatner :( Also went out for a breath of fresh air and smoking a cigar outside was Dean Stockwell.........he was so friendly :) loved him in Quantum Leap.

I watched The Captains on Netflix recently and Shatner seemed a lot nicer than some say but then he's an actor so you never know. Scott Bakula also came across super cool. Kate Mulgrew was... very... erm… in charge, if you know what I mean, if I remember right, she referred to the other actors as her cast. Avery Brooks was just out there!

snowdog said:
    Quantum Leap was awesome back in the day. One of my favourites.
    Mine too, I had a tear in my eye when the final show aired, it was quite a sad episode.

Im in the process of cleaning up and converting the following ships and models

a Stargate and a Dialing Device
    TNG Enterprise
    DS9
    Voyager

I also plan on re-creating some of the TNG bridge
    A Stargate!  Awesome. What version. SG1 or Atlantis?
    Digikid1 said:

That would be all of these models then... :)

My modelling skills are ok but SLOW, so you may have to make do with the pic for a while.

I'll definitely share as they're done though. Anyone care to help out? I'm trying out a photogrammetry package but it still only produces rough meshes to use a base.

Eaglemoss collection. Very nice
    The collection's getting a little out of hand @Digikid1, they're on issue 129 & no sign of stopping... plus specials, large scales & mirror universe versions.
    LZ, lets pool resources...... I can send some meshes if I can sort out decent camera settings & generate them properly!
    I'm flying out to my grandparents for a week today, but yeas of course, will send stuff over as soon as it's Home 2.0 ready. Trying to figure out the scale, I want the Stargate to be the ceiling to floor high.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Too bad you can make it “dial out” with sound effects and everything. Now THAT would be badarse. 
  • vannagirlvannagirl Posts: 1,999 Valuable Player
    edited July 2018

I watched The Captains on Netflix recently and Shatner seemed a lot nicer than some say but then he's an actor so you never know.

I see in the news this week some headline of Shatner having a fan meltdown, but you never fully know what happened or if they were annoying him, even on purpose.....TMZ style

Let alone beleive everything you see in the press, but i am sure they are just like us and have bad days. Never heard of him being a total jerk in general though

If i had to choose something sci fi for my home though, i am going with this

EDIT

Hahaha i see some of you already talking of it...DOH!!

Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 
    Don't believe a word of this Stargate stuff, @vannagirl. We all know you want to have a bronze statue of me. Naked. Holding a BMG .50. B)

Digikid1 said:
    Too bad you can make it “dial out” with sound effects and everything. Now THAT would be badarse. 
    I would give my left kidney for a SG1 gate room experience, imagine the gate room recreated, and you go to the control room and initiate a dialling sequence .. the gate dials, opens and you can run your fingers across the rippling event horizon! and then maybe a planet on the other side so you can dial back.

That would be awesome.