New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

Oculus software not downloading :(

yomat54yomat54 Posts: 8
NerveGear
edited July 2018 in General
So I've been trying to download the oculust software for maybe a week now and everytime I was doing something different, I tried disabeling every antivirus I have, deleting all oculus files every time I start trying to download the software again but it still didn't work so now I format my PC and the software still doesnt work even if I have all my antivirus disabled as always. The download keeps blocking around 4.8 Go, just before the end, it doesnt says that it failed or anything, it just stops downloading. I don't know what to do anymore, I'm open to all suggestions.

Comments

• LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,500 Volunteer Moderator
    Hey there, could you gather your setup log so I can have a look?

Open a File Explorer window and paste this in the URL field:
    %LOCALAPPDATA%\Oculus\
    Then look for "OculusSetup.log" and upload it to your post. Please do *not* just copy/paste the text into the post area, as this becomes difficult to read. This folder may be hidden. Make sure you go into the Folder Options and choose Show Hidden Files and Folders first.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 5,075 Volunteer Moderator
    Plus check you have enough disk space on the downloading drive, just a thought.
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.
    And FlyInside Forum Admin.
    Flyinside Flight Simulator RELEASED.
  • yomat54yomat54 Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    I have way enough space on my disk, about 70Go on the C and 1To on the D and I can't attach the Oculus setuplog, it says ''The file failed to upload''

NerveGear

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Oculus\
    Then look for "OculusSetup.log" and upload it to your post. Please do *not* just copy/paste the text into the post area, as this becomes difficult to read. This folder may be hidden. Make sure you go into the Folder Options and choose Show Hidden Files and Folders first.
    It says ''The file failed to upload'' so I can't link you the file :/

NerveGear
    Been able to copy and paste the setup log into an other and then link it here :D

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Oculus\

Have a read of this thread, I think it's related ??? @LZoltowski can you confirm ? = https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/554930#Comment_554930
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.
    NerveGear
    I wonder if it would change something to download the software via a disc sent with the oculus xD
    Now that would solve a few problems
    NerveGear
    And would there be a possibility that I download the software on an other computer and then transfer it on this one?
    You can but you may just run into the same error. Worth a try though.
    NerveGear

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Oculus\

Been able to copy and paste the setup log into an other to then link it here :D
    NerveGear

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Oculus\

Been able to copy and paste the setup log into an other to then link it here :D
  • Samuel.BSPSamuel.BSP Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Have you been able to install it ?