cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus home jitters

TheDrexill
Honored Guest
I haven't played a lot of VR lately, but since the newest Oculus home update, I noticed a certain amount of... FPS issues maybe? Thing is, I can play literally any game maxed out, and they're smooth as butter... the only issue is in the home. I noticed it seems to get worse if I put up a TV or Monitor (the new items that show the desktop etc)... but even without, there's some. It's a little jarring, and I never had the issue before. I am using the latest drivers. Anyone else had this happen?
6 REPLIES 6

vanfanel
Heroic Explorer
I found a temporary solution to the judder with home that was introduced with 1.27 I believe. Once home is loaded

1. Go into your desktop and Open up Task Manager
  2. Right click on "Home2-Win64-Shipping.exe"
  3. Set Priority->Above Normal
  4. Hit "Change Priority" in the pop up dialog
  • Note - Once you quit home or start a game and go back
    to home the binary will have restarted and the priority will have
    shifted back to Normal. I have not tried to make a permanent launch
    flag but I suppose that's possible.

Hopefully we'll see a proper fix in a future update.

xabalistru
Honored Guest
its not just in home, its everywhere in VR, the jittering will start, taking of the hmd, giving it a 360° spin and puting it back on seems to do the trick. 

vanfanel
Heroic Explorer

its not just in home, its everywhere in VR, the jittering will start, taking of the hmd, giving it a 360° spin and puting it back on seems to do the trick.

That's most likely a different problem then.  The problem here is when oculus home has judder but every other app/game is fine.

cybereality
Grand Champion
It could be a software conflict. Apps from Asus, like AI Suite or Sonic Suite will need to be uninstalled. Apps like MSI Afterburner, EVGA Precision, Riva Tuner, F.lux, Team Viewer, or M-Audio, should be closed or disabled. You can also try disabling anti-virus or security software.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

TheDrexill
Honored Guest
Thanks for the ideas guys... But no, I don't think it's a conflict or anything, it was definitely explicitly introduced around 1.27. And again, it's only in Home. Games are perfect.

vanfanel
Heroic Explorer

Thanks for the ideas guys... But no, I don't think it's a conflict or anything, it was definitely explicitly introduced around 1.27. And again, it's only in Home. Games are perfect.

Have you tried 1.29?  It seems to have improved home for me somewhat otherwise try the workaround I suggested.