Hello dear Community!
I have the Oculus rift + touche since last year. Since a few months I'v ran into the issue that at first, both controlers lose tracking and then my entire headset starts to stutter and drop to 1 FPS. This happens after 5minutes of gameplay.
This is excatly what happens in order:
1. I start any game (Robo Recall, PavlovVR, Onward, Undead Development, Super Hero VR or games like VRChat, Beatsaber, Skyrim/Fallout 4 VR)
2. The game runs fine for a few minutes
3. Atfirst my controlers transform axis freeze (cant move then up and down or side to side anymore)
4. Rotation axis of the controlers freezes and headset stutters
5. I get 1 FPS and lose all tracking for 10 to 20 secounds
6. Oculus home or Steam VR even laggs/stutters aswell
7. The FPS drop calms down and it all runs smooth again for the next 4 to 6 minutes and then it goes all bad again.
What I tried:
- restarted Computer
- restarted Oculus Home/SteamVR
- disabeld and enabled Oculus services
- unplugged all not used USB devices
- used USB 3.1 and USB 2.0
- Disabled all unecessary programs/services (Discord, Chrome/firefox etc)
- set all graphic settings to low
- reinstalled Oculus Rift software
- Boosted and Overclocked my GPU
What I have noticed when it happen's:
- My CPU drops from ~60% down to 20% when it starts to stutter
- My GPU drops down to 17% from 30% when it starts to stutter
- CPU Temp drops aswell from 60° to 40°
- It happens every few minutes for 20 secounds
My system specs:
- Windows 10 Pro v.1803
- 32GB RAM (HyperX Furry DDR3)
- AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eightcore Processor [4 years old] 4,6GHz
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 [2 years old]
- Intenso HIGH 3813430 240GB SSD
NOTE: I did not have these issues befor, it all started a while ago. But i can't imagin a windows reinstall would fix that.