New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Oops! Had A Hypo And Broke My Leg!

snowdogsnowdog Posts: 5,180 Power Poster
Ambulance people are awesome, as is the NHS. Just waiting for an x Ray. Think I've broken it in 2 places. Hopefully it'll just be a plaster job and won't need surgery!  :(
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Comments

• Techy111Techy111 Posts: 4,903 Volunteer Moderator
    Nooooo Harv, did you drop at home ? Did you take your insulin ? Silly dog !!!! Keep us informed. What ambo service ? Need to know if I can slag em off  I am allowed to ;) get well and stay safe. Them nurses like fiddling !!!!
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.
    And FlyInside Forum Admin.
    Flyinside Flight Simulator is coming !!!!! (In Beta)
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 3,958 Valuable Player

Blimey snowdog sorry to hear that matey.

By hypo, you mean hypoglycaemic? well hope you have a quick recovery... and presumably only seated VR for you for a while.

Gateway 2000, Pentium II 300 Mhz CPU, 64Mb RAM, STB Velocity 128 AGP Graphics Card with 4MB SGRAM, 6.4Gb Hard Drive, US Robotics 56.5kbps Internal Modem, 12/24x CDROM Drive, Ensoniq AudioPCI, Windows 95.
  • KlodsBrikKlodsBrik Posts: 765
    3Jane
    So two stiff legs all the time now ?

Damn, hope that all it takes is vannagirl dressing up as a nurse and threat you with a surenge. And you will be back up and jumping around in no time.

However, will it give you more time in VR with a broken limb ?
    Then it might just be worth it.

Anyhow, hope you are doing fine Snow..
    Be good, die great !

Too soon ? And yes Hypo is low sugar and hyper is high sugar.
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 5,180 Power Poster
    Ambulance staff were awesome. Ambulance staff are ALWAYS awesome.

Just found out I'll need surgery. Just an overnight stay though. Am waiting to see the bone doctor now.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Bone doctor? Let's hope the damn witch doctor don't come see ya !!!  :#
  • WildtWildt Posts: 1,471 Poster of the Week
    Pic or it didn't happen! :wink:
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill ram 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB + 850PRO 256GB + 850EVO 500GB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
  • MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,327 Poster of the Week
    edited July 23

Sorry to hear that bud.
    Looks like Vannagirl will get away from ya!
    WAAAGH!
    Am now in the Surgical Ward, op tomorrow hopefully. Am going to have to stay in for a few days.

Bone doctor told me about all of the possible complications. I want to go home lol

• bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 3,427 Valuable Player
    Good luck mate hope you get well soon
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • vannagirlvannagirl Posts: 1,842 Valuable Player
    Techy111 said:

Yes where are the legs

I do not follow??  :*     anyhooooows

Holy guacamole !!! Are you okay?? get better soon huh

Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 
    Will take pics when my mate picks up my phone charger for me. Got 18% battery left on phone!

snowdog said:
    Will take pics when my mate picks up my phone charger for me. Got 18% battery left on phone!

Just get some rest huh

Broke both bones below the knee, they're going to screw it all back together tomorrow. :o

Rest is for wimps!!! :p

And you have no memory??

Only of possibly going hypoglycaemic??

Gooooood!!!

I'm in the North Middlesex Hospital, please feel free to come on over and give me a bed bath B)

• DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 3,958 Valuable Player

Middlesex and that x-ray photo.... there's a joke there somewhere

Gateway 2000, Pentium II 300 Mhz CPU, 64Mb RAM, STB Velocity 128 AGP Graphics Card with 4MB SGRAM, 6.4Gb Hard Drive, US Robotics 56.5kbps Internal Modem, 12/24x CDROM Drive, Ensoniq AudioPCI, Windows 95.
    Tib and fib ouchy!!!!! North Mid hmmmmm good luck lol my ambo station is beside West Mid. More upmarket in the West lol so it was my mates with the London ambo service who come got ya Harv? They better of took good care of you ;) and did you get Entonox or morphine ?
    vannagirl said:
    And you have no memory??

Only of possibly going hypoglycaemic??

Gooooood!!!

See I told you that you didn’t need the .50  :D
    And I thought she loved me...

Christ I'm bored. Only got 11% left on my battery too. Not going to get much sleep, they're going to be doing blood tests at regular intervals.

snowdog said:
    If I don't make it through the operation for some reason these will be my last words - Atmos is a knob lol
     Can I have your pc and rift then ?
    Entonox in the ambulance but then they didn't give me ANYTHING in the hospital, them putting the plaster on wasn't much fun without it lol

Breaking a leg didn't hurt as much as I thought it would. The only time I've seen someone break their leg the bloke was in tears. I'm lucky I've always had a strong pain threshold tbh.

After my recent emergency surgery I was begging for morphine. The bastards only gave me iv paracetamol the tight arses lol
    There are no tablets in the jungle cos the parrots eat 'em all...

My Leg is supposed to be elevated to help prevent complications but they haven't done it yet.

Techy111 said:
    snowdog said:
    If I don't make it through the operation for some reason these will be my last words - Atmos is a knob lol
     Can I have your pc and rift then ?

Nope. I sent my Mum a text earlier saying that my PC and Rift is going to my mate back in Kent! Am my Mum is having my puss whether she wants her or not lol

Am crapping myself. Never had an operation before!