New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Oculus has encountered an error. Please restart your computer or contact Oculus Support.

MagicroMagicro Posts: 2
NerveGear
So I just bought an oculus but the first thing that pops up when I open the oculus software is this error at the top. It also says that there is no hdmi connection even when I plugged in the headset. I've seen a few people make discussions about this certain issue but nobody ever seemed to find an answer to it. The closest I saw to an answer is that somebody rolled back their windows 10 to a previous update and that worked for them. But I cannot roll back my windows 10 to a previous update. Has anybody found an answer to this error??
Tagged:

Comments

• MagicroMagicro Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    May I add that the headset itself works perfectly. I can see my computer screen through the lenses and audio works perfectly. The white light is also on indicating that it is ready to use. So there is no problem with my headset.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,101 Oculus Staff
    Please submit a support ticket. Thanks. https://support.oculus.com/
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • PsicoFlamesPsicoFlames Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited July 24
    Hi! I had a similar problem, I could see and hear but it was not detecting the headset. What I did was to roll back and downgrade the drivers of the graphic card to the previous version. I had an Nvidia GTX 980M, and downgrade from the 398 version of the drivers to the 388. After that, I restarted the computer and when I opened Oculus it worked!

Hope this helps