cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hellblade VR Trailer

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Ninja Theory are bringing VR to Hellblade, or is that Hellblade to VR. Yikes! Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice will come to VR on Oculus Rift and HTC Vive on July 31st! If you own or buy Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice on Steam, the VR Edition will be included for free!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqlFK1KcoS8

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
215 REPLIES 215

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
This may be the greatest news all year - apart from the part where they say you'll need a GTX 1080 :# , sigh - guess that means goodbye SS 2.0 and hello SS 1.2 :'( 

All settings maxed the GTX 1060 can barely run the pancake version in full HD, so they are probably not kidding about that 1080 for the VR version:

8tgvdpzp59no.png

I own the GOG version, slightly annoying if I'll have to buy the game again. Also this game is surely not for everyone - it's for adults and one of the most disturbing games ever made - like in schizophrenia the character you play is constantly hearing voices (auditory hallucinations). 

One trailer and some info for those who do not know this awesome game:

https://youtu.be/rrEvz3u__CQ

Here's an excerpt from an interview with the developers:

"How does Senua’s psychosis fit in with her backstory?

PF: To some extent, Senua has always seen the world differently from others, but the idea is that the profound trauma she’s experienced has triggered these symptoms. Because of her experiences, Senua has lost touch with the reality of those around her. That’s really the formal definition of psychosis. We’re all more or less prone to psychosis, depending on how we view and experience the world, but trauma can often act as a trigger.

How did the latest research and thinking around psychosis feed into the game’s development?

PF: We wanted to represent symptoms such as voice-hearing and hallucinations, but also to go below the surface and explore what we know about normal perception. We all tend to think that we have a clear representation of reality, but most of the time our minds are actually making it up, deciding what should be there rather than what is there. It’s a kind of controlled hallucination. This idea, too, is deeply embedded in the game: the player becomes sensitive to the visual clues and illusions around them as they progress through the world.

Psychosis used to be thought of as this extreme phenomenon that was completely separate from the normal experience of the world. But we are coming to realise that there’s a continuum, and all of us are prone to becoming separate from reality. Hopefully this game will help to demonstrate that."
Source: http://www.sciencefocus.com/article/mind/hellblade-senua%E2%80%99s-sacrifice-psychosis-interview

And: 

"Cambridge-based Ninja Theory – which is the Bafta-nominated studio behind award-winning games such as DmC: Devil May Cry, Enslaved: Odyssey to The West and Heavenly Sword – spent three years developing the game.

Paul Fletcher, the Bernard Wolfe Professor of Health Neuroscience and Psychiatrist at the University of Cambridge, who helped consult the team, said:

“It became apparent to me that they [Ninja Theory]  were doing something that was risky but important, and potentially valuable in representing experiences that most people find deeply alien. The fact that they are doing so in a first-person subjective viewpoint in a game setting, which demands that the player fully engages with the experience rather than simply passively observing it, really excites me. Indeed, it provides a great opportunity to show, in the context of the game, that all of us are creating our own worlds and realities all the time.”

Tameem Antoniades, Co-founder of Ninja Theory added: “Our goal in Hellblade was to let you see the world from the eyes of another and engage you in an important subject.

"Psychosis is still steeped in stigma but it is a deeply fascinating subject and deserves to be explored, experienced and shared. While a videogame can only go so far, we worked with service-users, voice-hearers and other groups collaboratively for 2 years and far from restricting our creativity, it has opened our eyes and greatly enriched the experience."
Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/4197522/hellblade-senua-is-based-on-real-hallucinations-suffered-by-pe...

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
Oh my god ... So we will be able to feel her pain as well now.
There is a good chance that this is gonna be freaking awesome in VR.
I already got it so it´s like free candy for me.
Be good, die great !

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I'm really looking forward to this! I've never played the original; and I look forward to the VR version becoming a new addiction.

pyroth309
Visionary
Whoa, this has me pretty excited. 

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
VRgameplay:

Be good, die great !

cybereality
Grand Champion
I played the original game when it came out. Probably one of the best titles I've played in a long time. Amazing graphics and fully original story and content. Really dark too.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Will this be released on the Oculus store?

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
From what I can see, it will only be on steam. I could be wrong.
 Im really looking forward as to how the game mechanics work in VR, sure sounds like the devs has put alot of effort into making the game feel as beutiful and stressfull, as it is in 2D.
 And it does seem that they have made a great job from the gameplay vid above.

Looking forward to jump in, thats for sure !
Be good, die great !

nrosko
Superstar

RedRizla said:

Will this be released on the Oculus store?

Very doubtful which is a shame as many will miss it.