New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Facebook loses 120 Billion overnight, will this effect the Rift?

2»

Comments

• ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 15,153 Valuable Player
    edited July 2018
    using David Mitchell logic

pfft, I'm just reading this thread waiting for the Pimax Math to show up! This is a discussion about numbers, afterall.
    :p
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 4,153 Valuable Player
    Zenbane said:

pfft, I'm just reading this thread waiting for the Pimax Math to show up! This is a discussion about numbers, afterall.
    Maths dear chap...... Maths!.
    (note, for the record..... if there is 1 thing i cant stand more than Could care less, or I don’t know nothing..... it is winkers who correct peoples pronunciation and spelling... (esp as mine is generally terrible)

so just be aware any post from me like this is all for the banter!. The day i seriously respond to message like this it is time to call the forums a day and ask for a ban.

As for the OP, I always thought big business like this tended to gain and lose billions as a matter of course.  So long as no one loses their job (esp John Carmak ) I hope all will be ok in Oculus land.

As for David Mitchell.... totally OT I know.  I generally like most of his work but that soap box youtube channel is his best imo.
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • kojackkojack Posts: 6,420 Volunteer Moderator
    Zenbane said:

As a maths teacher, oh god please no. I can't take much more of that.
    :)

• snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,502 Valuable Player
    Oh bollocks...you may be right there :blush::smiley:
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • inovatorinovator Posts: 2,272 Valuable Player
    120 billion isn't poker change  but the expense of mark to continue vr is like me spending 4 dollars,a day when I go for coffee. It's absolute pocket change. Zuckerberg is young enough where he will greatly benifit from his vr investment.
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 15,153 Valuable Player
    Also, in case this hasn't been mentioned yet...

Now is a good time to buy Facebook stock people. When it goes back up, you can sell your shares and get some new VR Goodies!
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane