New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

Pixel Ripped 1989 Level 1 Preview In The Oculus Rift

vrgamerdudevrgamerdude Posts: 284
Nexus 6

Several years ago while looking through the now retired Oculus Share site I came across a brilliant little demo called Pixel Rift. Playing this in my DK2 was an awesome experience and left me wanting more and now after many years of development we are finally on the eve of the full games release.

Pixel Ripped 1989 will officially release on Tuesday July 31st but I am happy to say the developers sent out early keys and allowed me to show a bit of gameplay prior to the release date.

So for this video we will checking out the first level of the game and I have to say I loved it! The atmosphere and overall look of Pixel Ripped are great and the sound was crisp and clean. I also really loved the shifting styles of gameplay and the intermixing of the retro gaming spilling into the virtual world of Pixel Ripped 1989.

"I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, and it is the headlamp of the oncoming virtual hype train!"

Comments

• KlodsBrikKlodsBrik Posts: 800
    3Jane
    Preordered already as I know im gonna play the hell out of it.

Senu´s sacrifice and Pixel Ripped released on the same day. I hope these two titles are gonna make casual 2D gamers curious towards VR.

VRfocus made a review that pretty much sum up what I thought of the game in advance. 
     Seems it will prolly be more attractive to age 30+ ( But I bet a lot of younger people will want to dig in as well ) .

Senua´s Sacrifice. A more seated experience than I expected, but the game itself is an AAA game wrapped with a indie ribbon. And if the devs have put as much love into it as they say and what shows from the few streams I have been able to find, it sure looks like a masterpiece even though one is somewhat limitied towards exploring the whole of the world.

Exciting month for VR enthusiasts.

oh, havent seen the vid yet. Time for that now. Already seen this level from a few other streamers.
    Time to see how you feel about this game.
    Be good, die great !
  • vrgamerdudevrgamerdude Posts: 284
    Nexus 6
    @KlodsBrik Yeah I got my key for Senua's Sacrifice last night and can't wait to check it out today! I also really hope seeing these types of games released will help to bridge the gap between traditional and VR gaming. Hope you like the video []-)
    "I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, and it is the headlamp of the oncoming virtual hype train!"
  • KlodsBrikKlodsBrik Posts: 800
    3Jane
    edited July 2018
    Yet another great vid vrgamerdude. A shame you didn´t took your time to explore the classroom.
    Wait ! Maybe that was on purpose. :)

There is a lot of Duck season vibe to this game, but without all the creepiness.
     This is gonna take me back to when all I wanted to do was escape the classroom by getting kicked out, or ditch school so I coold first go to visit my local chinese ( that dude had three arcades ).
     Spend all my money on Ghost & Goblins or Ikari warriors.
    Then run back home to play monte zumas revenge and giana sisters on my c64 ( Elite as well, but that´s a whole other dimension ). Good shit !

Yeah, this game will bring me  there for a few hours now and then im sure.

Be good, die great !