New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus audio

ahansbergerahansberger Posts: 1
NerveGear
edited July 2018 in Support
Hi all. I am trying to separate and mirror my audio.
In the oculus application, my audio settings are as follow:
Output Rift headphones (the volume slide bar underneath is unresponsive and is stuck at the mute or lowest level position)
My audio mirroring is on, and my non vr apps is set to off.
The only time I hear audio from VR is when my computer's sound is set to the rift, however I hear everything including internet youtube videos.
When my computer audio is set to my regualer speakers, everything including my oculus vr audio comes through my speakers (and nothing through rift headphones)

I would like help solving this as I want the Rift audio through the head phones and the computer audio through the speakers.
I would also like the Rift audio to mirror through the speakers as well.

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    That sounds very strange. Can you try updating the audio drivers for your motherboard?
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 1,462
    3Jane
    Seems to be working as it does. Mirror Audio should simply double what comes from headphones rather than splitting. Although splitting audio is much better use I think as we can then direct a mix to a bass shaker. It is not realty working as anything for me.