New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Refurb headset standards?

PabbertPabbert Posts: 222
Nexus 6
So my rift had to go back after six months due to the right headphone problem. I understood I may receive a refurb unit back, which I was ok with as long as it didn't come back with bandaids and boogers on it.

Today the replacement arrives and I can tell by the number its not the same unit I sent and by a few tell tale scuffs on the front its a refurb. It looks just as good as the unit I sent out. However I cant seem to find a happy focus and there is this awful ghosting as well as blurring effect in the peripheral area. I`ve tested it on two machines and changed the lens spacing etc countless times. I`ve given up as my eyes hurt and I cant bear to put the thing on again.
I`ve raised a ticket and hopefully I can get it swapped again.

What have the standard of refurb units over people have received been like? 

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 25,862 Oculus Staff
    Please note that some amount of blur and glare is normal due to the properties of the Fresnel lenses. This probably isn't because it's refurbished, maybe you hadn't noticed before.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • PabbertPabbert Posts: 222
    Nexus 6
    edited August 1
    No this is substandard to the unit I sent in. Has the design changed at all - or are all the headsets produced exactly the same?
  • Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,498 Valuable Player
    Pabbert said:
    No this is substandard to the unit I sent in. Has the design changed at all - or are all the headsets produced exactly the same?

I'm pretty sure the refurbed headsets should be the same as brand new ones.

If you're sure the image isn't as good as the one you had previously, sounds like it is a dud.
    Nexus 6
    edited August 1
    well its being looked into - and its going back again :'(
    Nexus 6
    And its back again, not as good as the original but I`m back!
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 25,862 Oculus Staff
    Okay, glad to hear you're up and running.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    Nexus 6
    Now what the heck was I doing in Skyrim?