New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

List of Rift killer apps and games by user ratings

245

Comments

  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 6,410 Valuable Player
    edited September 2018
    Today Windlands 2 reached 41 ratings - and got an awesome average rating of 95 % - I've added Windlands 2 to the list  o:)







    Get it here:

    https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1087949831298664/

    BTW, also checked several other games, had to take Beat Saber down to 96 % (from 98 %) - but all other games haven't changed.

    Edit: Changed the rating today - the game's rating has been reduced to 90 % based on 70 ratings - maybe the game is too hard for many, or too different from the original. 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

    "Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 6,410 Valuable Player
    Dimensional hasn't quite made the cut, but it's still at 92% average rating based on 31 ratings. Today it's on sale for just $2.5 - so it's basically free:

    Get it here:

    https://www.oculus.com/experiences/app/802980189823946/

    Trailer:



    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

    "Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • Rob_In_PhoenixRob_In_Phoenix Posts: 344
    Trinity
    RuneSR2 said:
    Eleven Table Tennis is awesome - but it's very close to Racket Fury, and I must admit I like playing against robots better. Performance is similar - 2 out of 5 environments work perfectly a 90 fps ss 2.0 in Eleven Table Tennis on my oc'ed 1080, for strange reasons 3 environments pushes me down to 45 fps - or worse (even though not much is going on). I'm not sure that Eleven Table Tennis is better optimized than Racket Fury. I'm a very casual table tennis player - I'm thinking about refunding Eleven and keeping Racket Fury.
    I agree with you on how good table tennis is in VR, it's very realistic and totally surprised me by how fun it was.  I also have Racket Fury and love the game.  I tried Eleven over a promotional weekend and toggled back and forth between the games to get a good comparison for gameplay and physics.  Once the games are configured to your style (like the racket setup), both games pretty much play the same.
    I prefer the overall aesthetic of Racket Fury a little better.


  • sford52sford52 Posts: 180
    Art3mis
    falken76 said:
    ....  I don't like Lone Echo much because it makes me feel sick, I just don't like that floating feeling,..

    Its amazing how opposite people are!  

    I absolutely LOVE the free floating in space. Even though I've completed the game, I go back in and just screw around for fun.
    The way they implemented it in this game is incredible, both intuitive and feels "realistic" (not that I've been in space). And the settings, story, the visuals, the tasks, even the dialogue, are great.  Can't wait for the act.

    This was my first VR game, and I cant imagine one better.

    Note I'm finicky. Single person and no horror. I like space stuff. 
    ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift, Windows 10 home
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,776 Volunteer Moderator
    sford52 said:e, and I cant imagine one better.

    Note I'm finicky. Single person and no horror. I like space stuff. 

     I hear you brother, I hate multiplayer (mainly because its full of 12 yr olds shouting d*ck memes at each other) love single player as I can explore on my own at my own pace and I am a sci-fi nut :)
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

    Be kind to one another :)
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 6,410 Valuable Player
    edited September 2018
    RuneSR2 said:
    Eleven Table Tennis is awesome - but it's very close to Racket Fury, and I must admit I like playing against robots better. Performance is similar - 2 out of 5 environments work perfectly a 90 fps ss 2.0 in Eleven Table Tennis on my oc'ed 1080, for strange reasons 3 environments pushes me down to 45 fps - or worse (even though not much is going on). I'm not sure that Eleven Table Tennis is better optimized than Racket Fury. I'm a very casual table tennis player - I'm thinking about refunding Eleven and keeping Racket Fury.
    I agree with you on how good table tennis is in VR, it's very realistic and totally surprised me by how fun it was.  I also have Racket Fury and love the game.  I tried Eleven over a promotional weekend and toggled back and forth between the games to get a good comparison for gameplay and physics.  Once the games are configured to your style (like the racket setup), both games pretty much play the same.
    I prefer the overall aesthetic of Racket Fury a little better.



    That was my conclusion too - Racket Fury has awesome robots (love the sci-fi theme), a great arcade mode (yes, I need help :blush: ) , similar physics compared to Eleven Table Tennis and Racket Fury costs half the price. I'm not going to use two table tennis games, I ended up keeping Racket Fury and made the hard choice to refund Eleven TT. If you're a true master of table tennis, maybe Eleven TT is better, but I'm a novice and I don't wish to get much better at playing table tennis ;-)
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

    "Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 6,410 Valuable Player
    edited September 2018
    RuneSR2 said:
    Dimensional hasn't quite made the cut, but it's still at 92% average rating based on 31 ratings. Today it's on sale for just $2.5 - so it's basically free:

    Get it here:

    https://www.oculus.com/experiences/app/802980189823946/

    Trailer:




    BTW, Dimensional does feel quite dated, even if it's priced very low I wouldn't recommend the game - especially due to my large backlog, I don't think I'll be playing Dimensional a lot. My review from the Oculus Store (3/5 stars): 

    "Nice game, but it feels dated
    This game may provide some insight to early VR gaming, but now it feels quite dated. Touch controls are supported including full locomotion, but controls could be much improved, and you'll need to teleport to many places. Textures are nice, but the polygon level is low. Still I got a lot of reprojections as ASW kicked in, even when using the GTX 970 settings on my heavily oc'ed GTX 1080 using super sampling 2.0 - actually Windlands 2 performs so much better, and Windlands 2's graphics are way beyond this game. This game costs next to nothing, but performance and controls aren't great, and gameplay feels dated, even slightly boring - I'm probably going to keep this game, but I can't recommend other persons to buy it."
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

    "Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 6,410 Valuable Player
    sford52 said:e, and I cant imagine one better.

    Note I'm finicky. Single person and no horror. I like space stuff. 

     I hear you brother, I hate multiplayer (mainly because its full of 12 yr olds shouting d*ck memes at each other) love single player as I can explore on my own at my own pace and I am a sci-fi nut :)

    Any news about Lone Echo 2? - That would be just awesome. The ending in Lone Echo was simply phenomenal, all other VR games feel slightly dull in comparison. Completing Lone Echo felt much like losing your favorite girlfriend, it's really sad - sure, the Moss-girl was nice and the wild at heart Windlands2-babe too, but when I close my eyes I keep dreaming about Olivia  :'(  
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

    "Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 6,410 Valuable Player
    edited September 2018
    Electronauts (which I consider to be an app, not a game) just made the cut - an amazing 94 % average rating based on 41 ratings:

    https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1867571473257022/









    It's now 40% off on Steam, maybe that'll extend to the Oculus Store in a few days... 


    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

    "Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 6,410 Valuable Player
    edited September 2018
    I just checked - and lo and behold - Gorn has now reached 90 % too (56 ratings) - I've just added Gorn to the list too:

    https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1896033800492877/



    More info about the game here:

    https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/68946/gorn-is-now-available-in-the-oculus-store-post-your-bloody-impressions-here
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

    "Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • Rob_In_PhoenixRob_In_Phoenix Posts: 344
    Trinity
    RuneSR2 said:
    That was my conclusion too - Racket Fury has awesome robots (love the sci-fi theme), a great arcade mode (yes, I need help :blush: ) , similar physics compared to Eleven Table Tennis and Racket Fury costs half the price. I'm not going to use two table tennis games, I ended up keeping Racket Fury and made the hard choice to refund Eleven TT. If you're a true master of table tennis, maybe Eleven TT is better, but I'm a novice and I don't wish to get much better at playing table tennis ;-)

    I'm not an expert but I'm not a bad player.  I had a ping pong table growing up and played on it for about 6-7 years.  As far as I can tell, neither game has an advantage in physics once the game is set up for a particular player.  People that claim otherwise most likely is due to confirmation bias.
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,912 Valuable Player
    sford52 said:
    falken76 said:
    ....  I don't like Lone Echo much because it makes me feel sick, I just don't like that floating feeling,..

    Its amazing how opposite people are!  

    I absolutely LOVE the free floating in space. Even though I've completed the game, I go back in and just screw around for fun.
    The way they implemented it in this game is incredible, both intuitive and feels "realistic" (not that I've been in space). And the settings, story, the visuals, the tasks, even the dialogue, are great.  Can't wait for the act.

    This was my first VR game, and I cant imagine one better.

    Note I'm finicky. Single person and no horror. I like space stuff. 

    sford52 said:e, and I cant imagine one better.

    Note I'm finicky. Single person and no horror. I like space stuff. 

     I hear you brother, I hate multiplayer (mainly because its full of 12 yr olds shouting d*ck memes at each other) love single player as I can explore on my own at my own pace and I am a sci-fi nut :)

    You should both check out ADR1FT.
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 6,410 Valuable Player
    edited September 2018
    snowdog said:
    sford52 said:
    falken76 said:
    ....  I don't like Lone Echo much because it makes me feel sick, I just don't like that floating feeling,..

    Its amazing how opposite people are!  

    I absolutely LOVE the free floating in space. Even though I've completed the game, I go back in and just screw around for fun.
    The way they implemented it in this game is incredible, both intuitive and feels "realistic" (not that I've been in space). And the settings, story, the visuals, the tasks, even the dialogue, are great.  Can't wait for the act.

    This was my first VR game, and I cant imagine one better.

    Note I'm finicky. Single person and no horror. I like space stuff. 

    sford52 said:e, and I cant imagine one better.

    Note I'm finicky. Single person and no horror. I like space stuff. 

     I hear you brother, I hate multiplayer (mainly because its full of 12 yr olds shouting d*ck memes at each other) love single player as I can explore on my own at my own pace and I am a sci-fi nut :)

    You should both check out ADR1FT.

    I hope they one day add Touch support, I really dislike having to use a gamepad - it looks like a potentially great game.


    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

    "Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 3,020 Valuable Player
    sford52 said:
    falken76 said:
    ....  I don't like Lone Echo much because it makes me feel sick, I just don't like that floating feeling,..

    Its amazing how opposite people are!  

    I absolutely LOVE the free floating in space. Even though I've completed the game, I go back in and just screw around for fun.
    The way they implemented it in this game is incredible, both intuitive and feels "realistic" (not that I've been in space). And the settings, story, the visuals, the tasks, even the dialogue, are great.  Can't wait for the act.

    This was my first VR game, and I cant imagine one better.

    Note I'm finicky. Single person and no horror. I like space stuff. 

    It would be fun for me if it didn't come with the feeling of self induced flu symptoms.  It makes me feel like I'll throw up after only a few minutes.  If that dizzy, nauseating feeling didn't accompany my experience, I'm sure it would be really fun, but when you feel sick, you just want to get the f out of there because you feel terrible.

    Onward made me sick at first and as a result I didn't play it for a full year until my brother got a rift, then I was able to get my VR legs.  But space games still kill me every time.
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 3,020 Valuable Player
    snowdog said:
    sford52 said:
    falken76 said:
    ....  I don't like Lone Echo much because it makes me feel sick, I just don't like that floating feeling,..

    Its amazing how opposite people are!  

    I absolutely LOVE the free floating in space. Even though I've completed the game, I go back in and just screw around for fun.
    The way they implemented it in this game is incredible, both intuitive and feels "realistic" (not that I've been in space). And the settings, story, the visuals, the tasks, even the dialogue, are great.  Can't wait for the act.

    This was my first VR game, and I cant imagine one better.

    Note I'm finicky. Single person and no horror. I like space stuff. 

    sford52 said:e, and I cant imagine one better.

    Note I'm finicky. Single person and no horror. I like space stuff. 

     I hear you brother, I hate multiplayer (mainly because its full of 12 yr olds shouting d*ck memes at each other) love single player as I can explore on my own at my own pace and I am a sci-fi nut :)

    You should both check out ADR1FT.

    Ugghhh, I wish we could gift our games off, I absolutely hate Adrift, it makes me feel like I'm going to throw up within minutes.  I wasted $20 back when we couldn't get refunds, I'd gladly give it away to anyone who would want it.  Come on Oculus, give us this option, I'm sure someone here would appreciate it, I'm not even using it and I surely won't ever load it again.
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 6,410 Valuable Player
    edited November 2018
    Update: Please disregard this post, I mistook the Go version for the Rift version - I've deleted the game's entry on the list. 

    Incredible, but so well-deserved, Kin has made the list with 92% average rating based on 54 ratings - and it's even Deal of the Day  :o - You can't go wrong with this shining VR gem:

    https://www.oculus.com/experiences/app/1170137896430023/





    I still remember getting a chair to stand on the see what's going on - it's simply an awesome game, don't let the simple graphics fool you - this is a true reference title for Rift VR. On my rig it runs in perfect 90 fps even when using super sampling 2.0. The gameplay is second to none. The game has great Touch support.

    Fun thing - in February 2018 I wrote the first Kin review in the Oculus Store (and even got there before ParadiseDecay  :D )

    "The most fascinating escapism
    This is the stuff dreams are made of - and now I'm living it! Don't judge the trailer too hard - the game may look simple in a 2D video, but using supersampling 2.0 and a GTX 1080 this game is fantastic. It does remind me of indie games like Fez and Monument Valley, but this game seems even better - thanks to VR. This is a game that may fascinate 10 year old kids just as much as their parents ;-) Works perfectly with Touch. If the game is too hard, remember to lower the difficulty setting."
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

    "Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 6,410 Valuable Player
    edited September 2018
    Vox Machinae has in no time received an awesome average rating of 96 % based on 59 ratings  :o

    https://www.oculus.com/experiences/app/957951994279023/



    It seems it's only multiplayer, and I liked this review found in the Oculus Store:

    "Why I give it 5 stars is because of how polished so far is, and only made by 3 devs. Really impressed how well it runs on just a 1070. I have most settings on high, and 1.4 supersampling, not a hitch, locked at 90 fps, even when there is a lot going on. The game looks crisp!"

    I've added the game to the list  o:) 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

    "Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • LuluViBritanniaLuluViBritannia Posts: 532
    Neo
    Vox Machinae is really appealing to me, the only problem being the lack of content (well, it's an early access, so I guess we can't really blame them for now). It seems dynamic and wonderful! I'll just wait for a free weekend to try this.
    Current VR results imo:
    - Great small apps. Great ports of bigger games.
    - Great VR-specific features. Not enough showcased!!!
    - Too many actors in the industry, the market is totally broken.


    My hopes for VR next gen:

    - Better ratio between visual quality and power needs. No more godrays and less SDE.
    - Full Body Tracking.


    "If you don't mind, do you want me to take you there? Where dreams come true."
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 6,410 Valuable Player
    Vox Machinae is really appealing to me, the only problem being the lack of content (well, it's an early access, so I guess we can't really blame them for now). It seems dynamic and wonderful! I'll just wait for a free weekend to try this.

    Same here - I'm not much into multiplayer, and the MechWarrior-series was great, but never among my favorite games. If I was into multiplayer and a great fan of MechWarrior, I guess Vox Machinae could be the most awesome thing on the planet - well, next after women, wine and food maybe ;-) 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

    "Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 6,410 Valuable Player
    edited October 2018


    In case some haven't noticed, yesterday "In Death" reached v. 1.0 - for those who don't like Early Access, maybe now is the time to try one of the best VR games - rated 90 % based on more than 300 ratings:

    https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1659250310762797/



    "The Sólfar team is incredibly excited to announce that In Death is leaving Early Access on Tuesday October 2nd. Its been an amazing journey with those of you who chose to support our efforts to perfect this game after we first went to Early Access last February. We’ve been hard at work adding new content and balancing our full release based on the frankly incredible hours our players have logged in game over the past few months.

    On October 2nd, we will formally leave Early Access and deliver the new chapter, Paradise Lost that we teased a couple of weeks back at Gamescom. The all new Crossbow is ready and waiting for your shooting pleasure in your Sanctuary, and we hope you enjoy close quarters combat with it as much as we have. The scoring system in Challenges, our async multiplayer mode, has been tweaked and balanced with the great feedback you’ve given us, resulting in what he hope is a fair shot for all play styles to reach the pinnacle of the Ladder. And In Paradise Lost, you’ll encounter a fresh host of angelic and demonic antagonists, culminating in an epic boss fight with Gabriel the Fallen.

    We also want to let you know that at Full Release on October 2, the retail price of In Death will increase from $19.99 to $29.99.  If  you’ve already purchased the game during Early Access, you will of course receive all of the new content at no additional charge. This does mean that if you’ve been thinking about jumping into In Death’s dream kingdom but haven’t crossed over yet, now would be a good moment to do so. And if you have friends that might like to get in on our game at the Early Access price, they can do so until October 2nd."

    http://www.solfar.com/new-blog-avenue/

    Solfar is a company dedicated to make only VR games - so it's possible to earn a living by only making VR games ;-)

    For now it's probably the only VR game to support Nvidia RTX: "Thanks to using NVIDIA’s Variable Rate Shading technology, the team were able to realize immediate performance measured in milliseconds of 25% better framerate when comparing the game running on Turing and with Variable Rate Shading turned on in comparison to running it without the technology, all without any noticeable loss of visual fidelity. Thanks to all this, In Deathis able to utilize super sampling to run at a much higher Pixel Density within the Unreal Engine than was previously possible on current generation GPUs.

    All of these performance improvements mean the development team will have further room to expand the title with more complex post processing effects and particles, leading to a much richer visual experience. All of this is planned to be made accessible in a Game Ready driver which will release for the GeForce Experience when the title leaves Early Access in tandem with consumer availability of the new GeForce RTX 20 Series GPUs."

    Source: https://www.vrfocus.com/2018/08/solfar-studios-showcase-new-chapter-for-in-death-along-with-geforce-rtx-20-support/

    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

    "Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,912 Valuable Player
    I keep on meaning to give In Death a go but haven't got around to it yet. I'll probably have to wait until my leg is fully healed up before I give it a go though because I imagine I'll need to turn pretty quickly to dispatch enemies.
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 6,410 Valuable Player
    edited October 2018
    A new app has received awesome ratings - and it's completely free!

    Right now the average rating is 92% based on 90 ratings:

    https://www.oculus.com/experiences/app/2178820058825941/



    I especially enjoyed reading these reviews in the Oculus Store:

    A powerful way to learn about history
    Outstanding work, the interior detail of the Lancaster is superb and on par with payware flight sims. Immersive, in that you can see the recorder spinning behind the radio operator, as you are there among the crew and listen to the actual intercom audio and narration that was made on it 75 years ago. A must see...can you imagine reporters being allowed as crew on bombing missions today?

    Crying
    Sat here in the comfort of my home that these men and women secured by their heroic actions and I am crying. What a scary event for these men. I'm so glad this experience was made. (And so glad I saw it virtually, rather than in real life) More people should experience this and other such documentaries. Thank you for making this. I will be sharing this with visitors.

    Brilliant, Emotional, Educational
    I thought this experience was absolutely amazing. There you are inside a WWII era Lancaster Bomber, listening to an accompanying reporter recording his descriptions of the events unfolding live as the journey continues... this is a REAL recording from historical archives, and yet you can see him sat there in the airplane at the same time. This may be a VR reproduction, but this is a snapshot of a real moment and every person aboard this plane were real human beings doing heroic work. It felt like I was a ghost, gone back in history to look over the shoulders of these men as the event unfolded - amazing! I was so transported into the experience I had to suppress almost-true panic as the flak shells began exploding and a nearby friendly was shot down. I was so happy to return to friendly shores, and very moved to hear the co-pilot sing a tune. I've read, studied, and thought often about the world wars over the years... this is one of the times I've felt most viscerally connected to the experience and my education and respect has increased in kind. Bravo BBC - I would love for you to continue producing VR experiences like this!
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

    "Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 6,410 Valuable Player
    edited October 2018
    Bend the Light finally reached 40 ratings and now has a 90 % average rating - and the game's on sale for just 50 % of the normal price (just $7.5 now) - get it here:

    https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/703660393091961/



    Also the interesting 30 minutes movie (app) experience The Great C - which works perfectly using super sampling 2.0 on a GTX 1080 - reached an average 90 % user rating (based on 47 ratings) - get it here for just $ 6:

     https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1620367211417812/


    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

    "Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 6,410 Valuable Player
    RuneSR2 said:
    Bend the Light finally reached 40 ratings and now has a 90 % average rating - and the game's on sale for just 50 % of the normal price (just $7.5 now) - get it here:

    https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/703660393091961/



    For those of you who haven't tried Bend the Light, maybe I should share some reviews - the game was *much* better than I anticipated from the rather boring trailer:

    My review: 

    A must-have for the Rift!
    I've known about this game for long, but I never considered buying it - maybe it looked too simple, but I was so wrong. The quality of this game is truly magnificent, on my GTX 1080 the game runs flawlessly at 90 fps using super sampling 2.0 and highest in-game setting. And it's a beautiful game with great attention to textures and details, and the game will probably perform perfectly even on low-end rigs. The game does require some cognitive skills, and some levels are difficult to complete, but it's great fun. Both kids and adults can learn about physics - and solves fun riddles - in this superb game. Congrats to the devs for making such an original, creative and astonishing game! It's an experience best enjoyed sitting and Touch support is perfectly implemented. Actually I can't find anything wrong with this game! :-)

    And some other reviews:

    Surprised me.
    This is a perfect example of a game being much better in virtual reality than it's 2D trailer might suggest, to me at least. It's an excellent puzzle game with intuitive controls and high quality visuals that really comes to life in VR.

    Excellent puzzle Outstanding graphics
    At first I thought "what the heck do I do?" With a little patience started to quickly progress and was very satisfying. Great example of very detailed 3d geometry with sharp and clean graphics. This raises the bar for all developers!

    Masterpiece
    Wow. This puzzle game blew me away. If you've been browsing reviews you may have stumbled upon a 2 star review where the player says there's not a lot of content and some of the puzzles can be cheated. The developer's response is on point. Without giving anything away here let me just say that there is more to this game that meats the eye. I just achieved 100% completion and I feel very acomplished, satified and overjoyed with this title. Would definitely buy a VR title from these guys again! One disclaimer i should mention is that if you do want to go for the 100% completion you will need some space. I don't think it's possible to do everything sitting down. Well done, developers! A+
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

    "Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 7,778 Valuable Player
    edited October 2018
    RuneSR2 said:
    A new app has received awesome ratings - and it's completely free!

    Right now the average rating is 92% based on 90 ratings:

    https://www.oculus.com/experiences/app/2178820058825941/



    I especially enjoyed reading these reviews in the Oculus Store:

    A powerful way to learn about history
    Outstanding work, the interior detail of the Lancaster is superb and on par with payware flight sims. Immersive, in that you can see the recorder spinning behind the radio operator, as you are there among the crew and listen to the actual intercom audio and narration that was made on it 75 years ago. A must see...can you imagine reporters being allowed as crew on bombing missions today?

    Crying
    Sat here in the comfort of my home that these men and women secured by their heroic actions and I am crying. What a scary event for these men. I'm so glad this experience was made. (And so glad I saw it virtually, rather than in real life) More people should experience this and other such documentaries. Thank you for making this. I will be sharing this with visitors.

    Brilliant, Emotional, Educational
    I thought this experience was absolutely amazing. There you are inside a WWII era Lancaster Bomber, listening to an accompanying reporter recording his descriptions of the events unfolding live as the journey continues... this is a REAL recording from historical archives, and yet you can see him sat there in the airplane at the same time. This may be a VR reproduction, but this is a snapshot of a real moment and every person aboard this plane were real human beings doing heroic work. It felt like I was a ghost, gone back in history to look over the shoulders of these men as the event unfolded - amazing! I was so transported into the experience I had to suppress almost-true panic as the flak shells began exploding and a nearby friendly was shot down. I was so happy to return to friendly shores, and very moved to hear the co-pilot sing a tune. I've read, studied, and thought often about the world wars over the years... this is one of the times I've felt most viscerally connected to the experience and my education and respect has increased in kind. Bravo BBC - I would love for you to continue producing VR experiences like this!

    Would love to see this, but the Oculus Home version and Steam version just won't load for me, it just remains on the loading screen. I've had no problems with any other game or app apart from this one..
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 6,410 Valuable Player
    RedRizla said:

    Would love to see this, but the Oculus Home version and Steam version just won't load for me, it just remains on the loading screen. I've had no problems with any other game or app apart from this one..

    That's strange - I'm using the trusty old Forceware 391.35 (didn't observe performance increase using newer drivers, and it works perfectly with Doom VFR and FallOut 4, never had any glitches), but of course your problem may not be caused by the video driver. 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

    "Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 7,778 Valuable Player
    @RuneSR2 - Doom VFR and Fallout 4 work for me, but this 1943 Berlin Blitz, is the one that just remains on the loading screen. I posted about it and it seems one other guy has the same problem. I see the first part where it loads the pic of the pilot and then it just continues loading and doing nothing else, it's just stuck on that loading screen. Same for both Oculus and Steam version. I did notice if I press my space bar I start to hear sound though..
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 6,410 Valuable Player
    edited October 2018
    RedRizla said:
    @RuneSR2 - Doom VFR and Fallout 4 work for me, but this 1943 Berlin Blitz, is the one that just remains on the loading screen. I posted about it and it seems one other guy has the same problem. I see the first part where it loads the pic of the pilot and then it just continues loading and doing nothing else, it's just stuck on that loading screen. Same for both Oculus and Steam version. I did notice if I press my space bar I start to hear sound though..

    The official website doesn't seem to.provide any contact information. If Steam Discussion isn't read by the devs, maybe this gateway can help you contact the devs? 

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/complain-online/

    Personally I didn't have problems running the app using the 1.31 update and forcing super sampling 2.0.
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

    "Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 16,375 Valuable Player
    edited October 2018
    At the risk of sounding nitpicky,
    I have a lot of the titles listed, and while many of them are fun as hell and highly memorable (e.g. Xing), I wouldn't call most of those "Killer Apps." We are still about 2 years away from being in a position to see the 3-5 year Killer App development cycle yields rewards. Most of the titles listed in this thread are simply "popular," but are far from a Killer App.
    Lone Echo is definitely a Killer App, and I would rank Chronos up there as well. But VR Killer Apps are few and far between.
    Take "Heart of the Emberstone" as an example. It has a high rating but I've beaten Episode 1 and Episode 2. They feel like Early Access Beta games, not a fully developed final product.
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 6,410 Valuable Player
    edited October 2018
    Zenbane said:
    At the risk of sounding nitpicky,
    I have a lot of the titles listed, and while many of them are fun as hell and highly memorable (e.g. Xing), I wouldn't call most of those "Killer Apps." We are still about 2 years away from being in a position to see the 3-5 year Killer App development cycle yields rewards. Most of the titles listed in this thread are simply "popular," but are far from a Killer App.
    Lone Echo is definitely a Killer App, and I would rank Chronos up there as well. But VR Killer Apps are few and far between.
    Take "Heart of the Emberstone" as an example. It has a high rating but I've beaten Episode 1 and Episode 2. They feel like Early Access Beta games, not a fully developed final product.

    It's just a list of games or apps which have received at least 40 votes and an average rating of at least 90 % (4.5/5). I could change the title to that, but it'll sound more boring - and everything is explained in the first post. I have several games I think are better than many on the list, but the list isn't about my preferences. 

    It's also to show that we have several VR titles - compared to Metacritic - that have received ratings of 90% or better - although based on user ratings. I fully agree about Heart of the Emberstone - but it seems many users still like that game - I've only played it for about an hour. 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

    "Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
Sign In or Register to comment.