New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice Is a Masterpiece In VR! First 30 Minutes of Gameplay

vrgamerdudevrgamerdude Posts: 302
Trinity

Over the weekend I got the chance to play Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice and all I can say is WOW... This game is a true masterpiece in VR!

Hellblade has everything that I look for in a great game. The graphics are absolutely beautiful, the sound engineering is some of the best I have heard in a long time and the gameplay and combat are solid. Playing this game I just couldn't believe that it was not built from the ground up for VR!

I played it on 2 different PC's and I'm happy to say both performed well in this game. My main rig is an I7 7700k, 16gb ram and a GTX1070 and at the highest settings it ran butter smooth. My other rig is an older i5 4670K, 16gb ram and a GTX980 ti FTW edition and with this rig at the same settings the game did seem to struggle a bit in certain scenes but these hiccups were very few and far between.

So if you are looking for an awesome new game to play in VR and love the third person adventure titles then you owe it to yourself to give Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice a look!
"I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, and it is the headlamp of the oncoming virtual hype train!"

Comments

• RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 3,720 Valuable Player
    It can be quite a tough game - like Dark Souls 3 - not sure it's a great game for casual players; did you find time to check out all the combos?

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps4/827518-hellblade-senuas-sacrifice/faqs/75195/combat-move-list
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • DilipDilip Posts: 252
    Nexus 6
    Wonderful  Wondeful Wonderful..... Give me Witcher 3 too.
  • JD-UKJD-UK Posts: 2,289 Valuable Player
    It's good that such games are being released. Not my thing, but I'm sure it will be popular - especially with younger VR gamers.

• bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 4,074 Valuable Player

I realised that i bought hellblade on 1st august last year... and had spent less than 5 mins in it so i finally played it last night. Wow! is all i can say i was convinced before that 3rd person games were a good fit for vr (after loving edge of nowhere) but this blows that out of the water and then some. its beautiful and the atmosphere is superb. I kept expecting one of the corpses in the boat ride at the start to look at me!
    only 1 negative so far. the 1st 10 mins of the game is all passive. and what an introduction that would be for VR noobs.. however i cant show it to anyone as to do so would wipe my save. a spare slot would have been nice.

I guess because it was a flat game ported to VR not that much thought was made for new features, but it is such as shame i cant use this title as a showcase to non VR users as the potential is right up there (not everything in VR has to be fully tracked imo.. there is still a place for pad experiences)
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)