cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with lence distance screws

rollez
Honored Guest
So yesterday i received my Oculus Dev kit, and i gotta say its amazing. But there is one problem which is screws that adjust distance between eyes and lences.

The other screw works just fine, i can hear a click every time distance is adjusted closer or further, but the other one is the problem. I can barely hear the click and it keeps adjusting itself.
Also, when i adjust both close to the lenses as possible, i cant move the other side with my hand but the other side i can.

I have tried tightening the screws but it doesent help really. Anyone got solution?

EDIT: Oh, and one more. I only got the Oculus World demo working with extended display, but for other games i had to change screen settings from "extended display" to "dublicated display". Is there a problem with this? I noticed black bars on edges of some games but that is probably just end of the screen. Right?

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

cybereality
Grand Champion
To be honest, the screws on the side are a bit finicky. You should probably just set them once and then leave them alone. When you are putting on (or taking off) the Rift, make sure to grab it by the lenses housing (the curved part closer to your eyes), NOT the screen part (as that may pull the distance out).

If you are on WIndows and using Unity games, you can get them to open on the secondary (extended) monitor using the following after the target on a shortcut:

-Adapter 1

Otherwise the Rift needs to be the primary or mirrored display.

The Rift uses a distortion shader which created a black area around the image. In most cases, you will not be able to see this area when looking inside the Rift. This can also be worse if you use the wrong aspect ratio. In most cases you should be using the native 1280x800 resolution.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

rollez
Honored Guest
"cybereality" wrote:
To be honest, the screws on the side are a bit finicky. You should probably just set them once and then leave them alone. When you are putting on (or taking off) the Rift, make sure to grab it by the lenses housing (the curved part closer to your eyes), NOT the screen part (as that may pull the distance out).

If you are on WIndows and using Unity games, you can get them to open on the secondary (extended) monitor using the following after the target on a shortcut:

-Adapter 1

Otherwise the Rift needs to be the primary or mirrored display.

The Rift uses a distortion shader which created a black area around the image. In most cases, you will not be able to see this area when looking inside the Rift. This can also be worse if you use the wrong aspect ratio. In most cases you should be using the native 1280x800 resolution.

Goddammit, accidentally refreshed and all i wrote disappeared.

Anyways, the screws stay put okay, its just sometimes the other side adjusts itself even thought i grap on the housing. Thanks for the code for extended display. Im happy with my Oculus

Thanks
-Rollez