New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Oculus Go Lens protector

Jimbob2bobJimbob2bob Posts: 8
NerveGear
Hi, does anyone know the purpose of the lens protector. I've removed them and found that I can see through the lens much clearer and increases my FOD slightly.  Will the lens drop out of I remove the lens protector.  My oculus rift doesn't have one.

Comments

• Techy111Techy111 Posts: 4,581 Volunteer Moderator
    That's only to protect the lens in transit and to keep them free of dust. They are supposed to be removed before use :)
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.
    And FlyInside Forum Admin.
    Flyinside Flight Simulator is coming !!!!! (In Beta)
  • Jimbob2bobJimbob2bob Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Techy111 said:
    That's only to protect the lens in transit and to keep them free of dust. They are supposed to be removed before use :)
    I'm not talking about the plastic film over the lens, I'm talking about the plastic black rings surrounding the lens which can be clipped out.
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 4,581 Volunteer Moderator
    edited August 9
    Ahhh sorry you said lens protector, my bad. You mean the fitted interface ? The one you can change for different faces ??? The lenses are built into the headset so they won't fall out.
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.
    And FlyInside Forum Admin.
    Flyinside Flight Simulator is coming !!!!! (In Beta)
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 953
    3Jane
    edited August 9
    :( :o

That is not a lens protector.  You NEED that to be on so that the headset fits properly.
  • Jimbob2bobJimbob2bob Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    edited August 9
    Digikid1 said:
    :( :o

That is not a lens protector.  You NEED that to be on so that the headset fits properly.
    Yes, I've checked and it is called a lens bracket designed to hold in the foam padding.  The point is, I can see more clearly with it removed. It is designed to be clipped in and clipped out whilst the foam inside the headset is still moulded around the lens.  The first disappointment I had with my Go was I could not get the sweet spot for my eyes within the lens, and felt that the FOD was too narrow for my IPD. That now seems to have been eliminated by removing the plastic lens bracket (do take care when removing and clipping in the bracket as it could easily scratch the lens)