So first the facts.
- My computer and oculus were all working fine on 1.28. In fact, I had just rearanged plugs to fix some USB Bus bandwidth issues and was noting how much everything improved just the day before.
- With 1.29 + Oculus core 2.0 the issues begin. Taking away Oculus core 2.0 DOES fix it, but I use the VR desktop option a LOT, so it's really not a great solution.
- I can run Oculus software with the Rift unplugged fine
- I can plug the rift in with HDMI or USB on it's own (obviously it doesn't work, but the computer doesn't crash)
- I can plug in both to run AS LONG AS the software isn't yet running
- When all 4 are together, my second monitor goes blank, my first monitor freezes for a second, then the BSOD occurs.
- Also worth noting, I had it working for a little bit immediately after the update, but the oculus menus in VR were often becoming nonresponsive. Additionally, I noticed that while previously, the "VR Monitor" that Oculus uses for VR desktop interaction was always active as long as the headset was plugged in, it now would disappear until I tried to use the Oculus, then it would appear. I restarted my computer in hopes of fixing this, but that's when I started getting BSODs every time I have Software + Core 2.0 + HDMI + USB all plugged in
I can, in the mean time, run without Core 2.0, but I use in app VR desktop way too often to make that a good long term solutio, as I said. As best i can tell it's an issue with the "VR Monitor" being created. Any help fixing this would be great. I'd normally do more testing first, but I was troubleshooting tracking issues all week before figuring out the USB bandwidth issue (I know, took longer than it should), and didn't have much energy left to deal with this.