New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Conduct Warnings

LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 1,595
Project 2501
edited August 2018 in General
Hi,

I checked my mail yesterday and apparently somebody has reported me. Not only that it says Oculus agrees with them.

Apparently they can't tell me what I did and the email is from a donotreply. 

This all seems very odd, I mean why warn you and not tell you what you did?  They could at least point to the post with the issue.

I have got to be honest curiosity is burning a hole in my soul. 

So anybody want to guess what I did wrong? You can make it up if you like as long as it's funny ;)

Or maybe the reporter would like to let me know so I can curb my anti-social behavior in future. 

Also do I get an ASBO certificate I can hang in my Oculus home.

What's your opinion on this strange process as it is my first one on here after 5 years on the forum.

How far do you think they can go back in post time to report something. I have checked all my recent posts and it is all pretty innocuous stuff. o:) 

Cheers

'Dear Luciferous,

One or more members of the Oculus community has reported your behavior, and we have determined that your conduct violates the Oculus Code of Conduct and/or Terms of Service.

The Oculus platform is meant to be a safe community to meet and interact with other users in virtual reality. When you engage with others on our platform:

• You may not use any sexually explicit, abusive, obscene, hateful, or racially offensive language.
  • You may not harass, bully, or threaten other users.
  • You may not impersonate an Oculus employee, partner, or representative.

Future violations may result in further action, including but not limited to, suspension or termination of your Oculus account.

Thank you for your cooperation.'

- The Oculus Team

Comments

• LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 1,595
    Project 2501
    edited August 2018
    I'll start off with this one on the subject of what animal would you like to come back as?

Klimentine said:

This!

A pussy just begging for it?
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 3,703 Valuable Player
    Hmmmmm I get not being allowed to question a decision publicly and if your post was removed it may not be possible to link to.. however at least they should put the offending post or the reason  in your personal  warning message otherwise like you say you may do it again.
    Had any of your posts touched on religion or politics?
    None of your posts I have seen have come across as offensive to me (not that I have seen them all of course) so perhaps you stubled into a no go topic or did you respond in kind to a troll post? IF I ever get in trouble it is usually for that reason. Some folk are quick to give it but can't take the reply..... 
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
    Project 2501
    edited August 2018
    No, I am away on business, hardly even been posting really. Apparently if I do it again they are going to take action. Erm do what again. I am also a rare thread creator more of a casual commenter.

I rarely get involved in arguments and I think I only ever got into a big one couple years back about somebody posting about sexy school girls (I thought had no place on the forum) that got a little out of hand, which I ended up insulting the entire country of Japan. I am still getting rotten sushi in the post.
  • ApplecorpApplecorp Posts: 741 Poster of the Week
    edited August 2018
    Sadly this is the society we live in now, any precious snowflake can call "the police" and they'll be on you like a shot. No reasons given, no names, you're guilty until proven innocent, just because of someone's 'perceived' offence.
  • kojackkojack Posts: 5,013 Volunteer Moderator
    Are you sure it's forum related? I can't see anything on your account. We'd need @cybereality to see if it's something I can't see. If we do warnings you get put in jail (a forum thing where you can't make new threads).

My first thought is that somebody reported you for behaviour in a multiplayer game.

I used to love playing Return To Castle Wolfenstein multiplayer (well, the one demo map). I was great as an engineer. I'd be the first up the beach to the wall and get my dynamite planted.
    Another friendly engineer would come up and try to disarm my dynamite to plant their own (it was worth a lot of points to destroy the wall). But they'd take too long and mine would explode, killing them. They'd then immediately call for a kick vote. Everybody would get a vote notification to kick me from the server (with the reason as "team killing"). Nobody asked what happened, I'd just get kicked.
    :(

So did you play a multiplayer vr game recently? Maybe you won and a sore loser reported you?

Project 2501
    edited August 2018
    That's the thing I have no idea what it is about. I spoke to Cyber and he said he could see somebody reported me but couldn't tell me anything more but he kindly offered to help me if it ever became a problem.

I don't play multi-player games. Not that I don't like them but the time I get to play is night time and my study is next to the kids room. So I would wake them up talking.

Yeah getting kicked is maddening. I used to play Medal of Honour in the day and I got so good people would often kick me from a server as 'I must be cheating'. Unfortunately it was more that I was a saddo with no life at the time. :)

I used to like the bomb setting mission in that especially if I remember Omaha Beach.
    A little off topic but what the heck it's my thread everybody go nuts :).

I played a classic MOH Stalingrad  MAP in Pavlov recently. It was fantastic to go back there in VR, I feel I have come full circle.

• kojackkojack Posts: 5,013 Volunteer Moderator
    Strange. That's something I can't see then. I've never heard of Oculus themselves (as in not forum staff or mods, our warnings work different) giving out forum warnings, just us doing it.

A week ago you did make fun of the vive wands (rightly so), maybe a vive troll got their feelings hurt? :)

The only multiplayer stuff I've done in VR is a little alt space vr and rec room ages ago and sometimes logging in to elite open world to stack missions. Nothing else. I gave up on competitive multiplayer years ago, I only like co-op lan parties for things like Swat 4 and Flashpoint (shows how long it's been).

Project 2501
    edited August 2018
    Maybe but Oculus agreed with them ? :D Mind you we are all living in a multi-controller world now.

Yeah would hate to think Oculus are just being a bit lazy and just warning people without actually investigating any claim. Somebody could have been just pressing buttons. I presume they had to type in a message. ooooooo I want to know what it said.
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 5,306 Volunteer Moderator
    Hmmm strange ? You'd think in this day and age that if you got a warning they'd let you know why ? Did you put on a deep scary voice alongside your user name? That could be quite scary you know  >:) did one forget thyself and swear ? Maybe we could have a swear jar ? Did you do really really good in a game and upset someone with a mega score ? Ohhh the choices are endless lol whatever it was don't do it again mmm'kay  :D
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.
    And FlyInside Forum Admin.
    Flyinside Flight Simulator RELEASED.
    Project 2501
    edited August 2018
    Oh wait, my son plays it occasionally and he is a major wind up in games. Is often torturing people in Fortnite.

Damn I bet that's it. Still even if this is so they should give some indication of the problem, so i can officially ground him. I mean could that not even say unsporting behavior in XYZ game.

How did they come to agree with the person. Surely they do not have voice logs of all games or text logs of all games? Or do they............

Thing is he is banned from talking to people on it and told to mute talk, if I found he was bad mouthing somebody he would be in big trouble.

Disclaimer : Which reminds me to say if you see my avatar acting like a Dick it's not me honest. (probably) terms and conditions apply :)
    Lmao my missus plays my call of duty and types some awful stuff in the chat and slags off other players and gives my poor old user name a bad reputation lol is there a log somewhere that you can check when games were last played to rule you out and get your boy in the shit  :D
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.
  • vannagirlvannagirl Posts: 1,913 Valuable Player
    I rarely get involved in arguments and I think I only ever got into a big one couple years back about somebody posting about sexy school girls (I thought had no place on the forum) that got a little out of hand, which I ended up insulting the entire country of Japan.
    Hey i remember that thread :D

Yes was going to ask, do you play FPS online, that is usually the cause for most complaints
    Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 
    Project 2501
    edited August 2018
    No it is most likely my Son. You may have noticed my username is the devil, bringer of light. Nickname given to me by my friends. The apple fell so short from the tree it hit the trunk. I of course have grown out of itish. :)

Yeah i went Nuclear on that one ;)

Funny you thought the pussy joke was good @vannagirl the only other person on the thread to like it was.....snowdog.

So now more than ever I need to know what the issue is. If you were tea bagged by my avatar please step forward :) You are in a safe place now, I will offer free counseling. I am a full supporter of the #metoo campaign.
    2 sugars with mine please 

Funny you thought the pussy joke was good @vannagirl the only other person on the thread to like it was.....snowdog.

mmmmm unsure what this means

my workplace though, pussy jokes are very common
    Project 2501
    edited August 2018
    Well I just was referring to you both being soul mates ;) He liked it on the original thread.

edited August 2018
    Hahaha

he wishes, is this defo a game warning though. Would like to know, usually mods warn you directly unless they have changed the system now.
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,705 Volunteer Moderator
    You can report someone here: https://support.oculus.com/1126372434098455/

This system is separate to that of the forum @kojack that's why we wont see it. Cyber is omnipotent and can access all kinds of systems.

@Luciferous it could be someone with a vendetta/disagreeing with you or like you said your son was a bit naughty.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
    Project 2501
    edited August 2018
    Or the Japanese Ambassador for the UK. hmmmm.

I put the warning on the top of the post if anybody is interested.

Reading it again it says one or more. Maybe there was multiple baggings.
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,705 Volunteer Moderator
    edited August 2018
    Or the Japanese Ambassador for the UK. hmmmm.

I put the warning on the top of the post if anybody is interested.

Reading it again it says one or more. Maybe there was multiple baggings.

How old is your son? Is he like my little brother, a lot of crude memes, complete disregard to what he is saying, not realising what he is saying in the heat of the battle and penis jokes. :| Kids these days. 
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 3,703 Valuable Player
    Techy111 said:
    Lmao my missus plays my call of duty and types some awful stuff in the chat and slags off other players and gives my poor old user name a bad reputation lol is there a log somewhere that you can check when games were last played to rule you out and get your boy in the shit  :D
    And you let her do that on your account? I don't argue with "the boss" much but if she acted like that online on my account there would be words!
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
    Project 2501
    edited August 2018
    He is 13 and actually quite well behaved that way. He just torments people in games not normally abusive or any bad language. I’ve told him not to talk to people online he does not know and normally he is pretty honest kid.

i asked him about it and he said hasn’t played on it for about a month but he was playing a team game and didn’t help out some guy who got really annoyed. 

He said he was on mute maybe annoying him further.

Techy111 said:
    And you let her do that on your account? I don't argue with "the boss" much but if she acted like that online on my account there would be words!
    Lol she mainly defends herself. I don't know if you play COD but they are a fractious bunch on there !!!! Plus shes damn good and puts me to shame. If it got out of hand I'd boot her off !!!!
  • OmegaM4NOmegaM4N Posts: 354
    Trinity
    He is 13 and actually quite well behaved that way. He just torments people in games not normally abusive or any bad language. I’ve told him not to talk to people online he does not know and normally he is pretty honest kid.

i asked him about it and he said hasn’t played on it for about a month but he was playing a team game and didn’t help out some guy who got really annoyed. 

He said he was on mute maybe annoying him further but is a this reason for a conduct warning.

I have three and from the ages of 10 to 18 they never did anything wrong ever, even when asked about it, weird right. lol ;)
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,093 Valuable Player
    Got to be online game related I reckon. This is part of the reason why I don't play the things. I swear more in real life than I do on these forums lol :o :D
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    As far as I know, it wasn't on the forum. Most likely an in game action. I'd have to speak with the team that handles these to get more information. I did look but I did not see any details other than that there was a report. Also, I'm not sure how much I can share, but I can at least ask and see what the deal is. Thanks.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    Well I'm gonna report the lot of ya cos you're all a bunch of dodgy fuckers.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Project 2501
    edited August 2018
    Well if you can tell them it would be good to have some details in email . Especially in situations where multiple people use the rift. Plus how they come to agree with somebody who complains based on what evidence.

I gave my son the full lecture anyway.
    That @cybereality bloke is gonna be the first against the wall. The way he keeps going on you'd almost think that he works for Oculus ffs. :o

• DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 4,484 Valuable Player
    edited August 2018

The only reason I can see for not giving details is that it would likely give a big clue as to who complained and I guess the system is designed to be anonymous, not between the complainant and Oculus but between complainant and the one being complained about.

It makes the whole thing one sided so I completely understand the frustration, it's a bit tricky to sort out though. It's obviously much better to have someone complain to your face... well with an IM at least. I'd much prefer anyone who had a beef with me to tell me then it's easy to sort out, either explain myself or avoid interacting with them.

(that's not an invite to anyone by the way)

Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1809 (17763.348)