New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

Can't get rid of 'Press the menu button to open up the tray' popup on left controller

igmackenzieigmackenzie Posts: 42
NerveGear
In Home, I just can't get rid of the popup mentioned in title. It's always there!
Any help on this?

Comments

• Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,395
    Project 2501
    Just go through the tutorial for it by doing what it says.  It's annoying as hell I agree and Oculus needs a swift kick for making it so annoying.
  • igmackenzieigmackenzie Posts: 42
    NerveGear
    I press the menu button as it asks, and nothing happens. It just will not go away!
    NerveGear
    Sorry, guys, but it won't go away.  Didn't used to be like this. That irritating prompt is ALWAYS there in Oculus Home for me.  
    Do I need to raise a support ticket on this?
    NerveGear
    Sorry, guys, but it won't go away.  Didn't used to be like this. That irritating prompt is ALWAYS there in Oculus Home for me.  
    Do I need to raise a support ticket on this?
  • sford52sford52 Posts: 69
    Hiro Protagonist
    I had this issue as well. SO I thought maybe the new tutorial would show me how to close it.
    Now, I can'r get rid of the irritating "Edit you avatar" prompt even though I did go ahead, edit the avatar, and save the new version.
    Help!   How do we close these prompts???
    ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift, Windows 10 home
  • NB_DestroyerNB_Destroyer Posts: 16
    NerveGear
    Have you tried going through the full Oculus setup, straight form the beginning, through the Oculus Home app?
    Core i5-8600k | 16 GB DDR4 Crucial Ballistix Sport LT @ 2400Mhz | 500GB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | 1TB FireCuda SSHD
    MSI Z370 Gaming M5 | Gigabyte Windforce OC GTX 1060 3GB | Rosewill HIVE 550W Modular | NZXT S340 White
    Hiro Protagonist
    NB- thank you, that worked. Thank you
    ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift, Windows 10 home
    NerveGear
    For me, just going to the Edit Avatar and saving worked.
  • BeastyBaiterBeastyBaiter Posts: 758 Poster of the Week
    I encountered the same, I had to follow through the whole stupid tutorial on making an avatar to get it to go away. Then they added another one for installing stuff made in medium, a program I used for 5 minutes and then uninstalled. Oculus needs to stop adding this garbage.
    Hiro Protagonist
    Yea, I think it's a no win situation.  If they introduce stuff without explanation, then we'll crab about that.  If they do explain it (albeit a bit heavy handedly) then we'll complain about that.  At least we are consistent.

Tough times to be an Oculon.
    NerveGear
    I encountered the same, I had to follow through the whole stupid tutorial on making an avatar to get it to go away. Then they added another one for installing stuff made in medium, a program I used for 5 minutes and then uninstalled. Oculus needs to stop adding this garbage.
    To my great relief, I’ve not even seen an avatar tutorial!