New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

How To Solve Sudden Drop of FPS or Lower FPS Than Before!

RyanCooper3RyanCooper3 Posts: 1
NerveGear
Hi, this is a tutorial about how to fix a all of a sudden drop of fps.
Basically everything started some days ago when fps in game went from 60 (as usual) to 15. All of this without changing anything. I used to play every game at 60 fps at ultra settings without a problem but recently every game that I played went no more than 20 fps at the same graphic settings so this was really weird, I tried to search online for a solution but found none that helped me instead I found one by myself and I will describe it in this thread.
I was lost for days and I tried everything to fix the problem:

-Rebooted the PC
-Made a scan with Kaspersky and Malwarebyte
-Cleaned the PC
-Checed if Ram,Cpu,Gpu,HDD or SSD had any kind of problem

As you can guess I didn't find fix the problem.

Now I had no idea what to do and I tried even more weird things that actually didn't worked either but...
Then I just tried to unplug the Oculus HDMI cable from the PC and BOOM everything came back to normal. Honestly I have no idea why this fixed the problem and after fixing it I thought that I had to create a discussion here not to say that oculus is bad (actually I enjoy a looot using it) but because some other guy may encounter this problem and I want to help him fixing this because online I didn't find what I needed.
--- So here's the solution to this type of problems Unplug the Oculus HDMI cable from your PC and reboot --- Everything will work as used to!

I hope I will some day help someone fix this problem.

Have a Great Day!
Bye!

p.s. (I have never written on Oculus Forum so if I had broken some rules I apologise and ask the moderators to move the discussion)

Comments

• MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 1,063
    Neo
    I take it you pulled out the HDMI whilst PC was still on? (this could cause damage as it is not hot swappable). It shows a bad connection most probably.

I take it you plugged the HDMI back in again although you did not say when ( this should only be done when power is OFF).
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 5,373 Power Poster
    MAC_MAN86 said:
    I take it you pulled out the HDMI whilst PC was still on? (this could cause damage as it is not hot swappable). It shows a bad connection most probably.

I take it you plugged the HDMI back in again although you did not say when ( this should only be done when power is OFF).

You're fine pulling the HDMI out and bunging it back in again while the PC is on. I've been doing this for YEARS and haven't experienced any problems at all.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever