New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Nvidia and GamesCom MEGATHREAD.RTX 2080/Ti (FIRST BENCHMARKS COMING OUT) NDA lifted.

Comments

• Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,859 Volunteer Moderator
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 6,362 Volunteer Moderator
    Retailers are expecting a lot of initial sales and pricing accordingly, they know people have waited a long time since the last series. Well, my credit card is back in my pocket I'm afraid :(
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v2004 (19042.572)
  • nroskonrosko Posts: 954
    Neo
    looks like they dropped the price initially 1199 for the ti FE to 999. UK website showing £1099 thats disapointing but i don't know how much the non FE is.
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 8,010 Valuable Player
    My card was never out of my pocket at that price..
  • kojackkojack Posts: 7,056 Volunteer Moderator
    kojack said:
    Kotaku are saying the Australian price for the 2080TI is $1899au, which works out to $1390us.

The 2080 is $1199au, which is only $30 more than I paid for my MSI 1080 back in 2016.

Eh?  You paid how much for a 1080?  They were about £550 when they came out weren't they?
    And I got one of the cheaper ones. :)
    Pretty standard, we get huge markups on almost all electronics sold locally. It's commonly called "The Australia Tax" (it's not really a tax).
    On the plus side, the whole bitcoin craze had almost no effect on our prices for gpus, we were already used to those levels.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Oculus Forum Tool,  Phantom Touch Remover,  Forum Dark Mode,  X-Plane Fixer
    Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
    Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2
  • Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 5,006 Valuable Player
    I suppose it's all just a waiting game.  Good to see that tech is advancing, damn shame we must pay for it.

Back to the "where is CV2" and "where is Santa Cruz" threads...
  • SyrellarisSyrellaris Posts: 1,035
    Wintermute
    Yeah I was interested in the 2070 if the price was alright. Round 450 or so.. but that at 640.
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 4,343 Valuable Player
    edited August 2018
    Worse than £1 to the $1 what a fookin joke. I am so utterly cheesed off. I picked a bad generation to skip the launch 1080ti is looking a good purchase now. I have the cash but do not like being ripped off.
    Hopefully once the initial sales spike they will tank and force nvidias hand
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
    Wintermute
    Worse than £1 to the $1 what a fookin joke. I am so utterly cheesed off. I picked a bad generation to skip the launch 1080ti is looking a good purchase now. I have the cash but do not like being ripped off.
    just wait for AMD navi 10, Navi 14 and navi 20. They should technically be equal to or better that Nvidia's 20xx series. 
  • dburnedburne Posts: 4,298 Valuable Player
    Hmm this is going to make it hard for me to go for a 2080 Ti.

Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 6,362 Volunteer Moderator

Yeah, the excitement of the technology involved, which is hugely impressive,  is matched by the disappointment in the retail prices. Ah well, I can at least afford to carry on eating.
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v2004 (19042.572)
    just wait for AMD navi 10, Navi 14 and navi 20. They should technically be equal to or better that Nvidia's 20xx series. 

I've had Nvidia Cards for as long as I can remember. Now I think it's time to give Amd a try. When will these Amd cards be out?
  • nroskonrosko Posts: 954
    Neo
    same here it seems the £1050 is a conversion of the original $1199 rather than the US $1000 when you factor in 20% tax & exchange rate. 
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,776 Volunteer Moderator
    Um this comparison is not going to make much sense now, better than the 20 series in what? Pure raster graphics performance? Tensor core performance? RX core performance? ... it's going to be weird now ... I hope AMD will have something competitive here. 
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
    Wintermute
    RedRizla said:

I've had Nvidia Cards for as long as I can remember. Now I think it's time to give Amd a try. When will these Amd cards be out?
    I've been with Nvidia for ages as well. Was going to go with Vega but that turned out to be a bit of a let down.  There should be an upgraded Vega card out by the end of this year witha  20% increase over the current vega's though.

as for AMD Navi series, well if the rumours are correct(always take em with a bucket of salt) Navi 10 should arrive sometime in 2019, navi 14 soon after and Navi 20 in late 2020/early 2021. But they'll be running on 7 NM chips.

Hopefully AMD will release some info on them soonish. I really want them to compete with Nvidia with the navi series. The industry desperatly needs it.
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 4,343 Valuable Player
    nrosko said:
    same here it seems the £1050 is a conversion of the original $1199 rather than the US $1000 when you factor in 20% tax & exchange rate. 
    So how come the Americans got a cut? I could possibly stomach £900
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
    All the hype and now I feel like a spotty kid who went to a dance with a sure thing but she sure thinged with someone else :(
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

edited August 2018
    Im a VAT registered business so £880 quid for me ... for the 2080Ti, phew.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

And how many are you allowed to purchase my old dear friend ?

Techy111 said:
    2 per customer it says lol.

And I hope you mean 2080tis

Techy111 said:
    2 per customer it says lol.
    And did one purchase 2 ?

edited August 2018
    Looking at those prices again, I think the Geforce 2080 is the biggest loser. For $250 more you might as well get the Geforce 2080Ti, when you consider the performance difference between the two.
    But 300 quid in real money

• Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,494 Valuable Player
    RTX 2080Ti Founders Edition possible leaked image shows 2 fans 

Hmm....strange but if the Geforce logo there is in the right orientation there.....according to that pic the fans would be facing UP.....which I HIGHLY doubt as that is a bad idea.
    Depends on the rotation of the fan though ???

edited August 2018
    Digikid1 said:
    RTX 2080Ti Founders Edition possible leaked image shows 2 fans 

Hmm....strange but if the Geforce logo there is in the right orientation there.....according to that pic the fans would be facing UP.....which I HIGHLY doubt as that is a bad idea.

The official image from Nvidia site now, the leak was pretty spot on:

GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Graphics Card

Wintermute
    edited August 2018
    Um this comparison is not going to make much sense now, better than the 20 series in what? Pure raster graphics performance? Tensor core performance? RX core performance? ... it's going to be weird now ... I hope AMD will have something competitive here. 
    I know that, that's why I hope AMD will release some info soon. Don't forget the AMD Vega series is already capable of doing Ray Tracing and the upgraded Vega later this year will support it and if the Rumours of Navi 10(entree) being 1.35x better than the upgraded Vega are true, AMD could have a decent competitor.   but as always, rumours and salt.
    edited August 2018
    There making the Geforce Ti series look like the Titan prices now..Greedy gits..
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,494 Valuable Player
    *Looks at prices......and almost falls out of chair*

and those are just AMERICAN prices.....being as I am CANADIAN that $499 will be more like $799.

Screw that....Raytracing is a moot point anyways.  I'll stick with my 1070 or upgrade to a 1080Ti later down the road.