New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Sorry we couldn't install (Title)

nicklendimenicklendime Posts: 5
NerveGear
Has anyone had this issue and found a solution?

-brought game of oculus store
-click install game
-game starts to install
-stops around half way 
-receive a notification saying "sorry we can't install game"

I tried about 10 times to install it, deleted and reinstalled the oculus program, deleted any trace of previous downloads, deactivated virus protection but all results lead to it not installing 

Fyi, game was elite dangerous so, also have around 200 gbs of free space

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Is this happening on all games? Make sure your game library location is something like E:/RiftApps and NOT inside a protected Windows folder (like Program Files).
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • nicklendimenicklendime Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    My other games are fine, first time this happen was yesterday with elite. 
    Could still be an anti-virus problem. I know BullGuard for instance will cause issues even if disabled.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    NerveGear
    Would windows defender cause this?
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,774 Volunteer Moderator
    Yes, windows defender has to be disabled also, including Protected folders.

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
    NerveGear
    Interesting, I'll give it a shot. Strange that I've never had this issue before 
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,774 Volunteer Moderator
    Interesting, I'll give it a shot. Strange that I've never had this issue before 
    It seems to happen randomly in Windows 10 ... not sure who is at fault here but windows updates keep reverting some of my settings each time ... which is frankly very annoying.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
    NerveGear
    Thanks, hopefully that's all it is. Literally went crazy yesterday trying to figure it out
  • graphics834graphics834 Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    I'm also experiencing the same issue, my apps folder is not on C: and is located on a separate drive, and my folder control is turned off. Lone echo just will not download and keeps stopping, optimizing and then and then nothing... 
    NerveGear

NerveGear
    edited August 2018
    So I tried downloading another app [Lucky's Tale] which was listed at 2.25Gb and I've hit the same issue and just like with Lone Echo which was listed as 13.72Gb when you go to resume its lists as 18.78Gb Lucky's tale is also exhibiting this behaviour by resuming at 8.06Gb.  Now I'm no expert but that has nothing to do with windows fire wall or folder location...

Just a hunch
  • ThugThug Posts: 435
    Trinity
    The only time I have this issue is when there isn’t enough HD space. 
    A game will need more space to install it then what it actually takes up.
    Not only that but if it’s an update it will download it in conjunction to the one that’s already there requiring almost twice as much space. 
    CPU: Intel i7-5820k @3.30GHz,
    Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX1080,
    RAM: 16GB DDR5,
    Viewed on: Oculus Rift or 28" BenQ monitor (x2),
    Hard Drive: 240GB OCZ SSD (games), 128GB Samsung SSD (OS), 64GB SSD (3d),
    NerveGear
    Sorry, I've got 844Gb free... its not space
    We're looking into the issue now. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    It appears the issue has been resolved. Please try to download again. If you still experience issues, let us know. Thanks.
    NerveGear
    seems to be resolved, I will get in touch if any further problems arise
  • aangthenomadaangthenomad Posts: 0
    NerveGear
    I am definitely still getting this issue... Couldnt install the free weekend for the drunk bar room fighting game, and now it won't let me install Brass Tactics.
  • aangthenomadaangthenomad Posts: 0
    NerveGear
    I am definitely still getting this issue... Couldnt install the free weekend for the drunk bar room fighting game, and now it won't let me install Brass Tactics.
  • guygodinguygodin Posts: 611
    Art3mis
    Still getting this issue as well. Not a disk space issue
    Virtual Desktop Developer
  • MyurtonMyurton Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Same problem today with Lucky's Tale, and no disk space is not a problem.

I even disabled anti virus, and elevated the oculus program to have admin privileges. 
    Make sure your Oculus game folder is not in Program Files, or any other Windows restricted folder. It could be something like E:/RiftApps.
  • Hicks613Hicks613 Posts: 319
    Nexus 6
    edited December 2018
    I just bought a couple of larger ssd disks, did a fresh install of Windows, Oculus and Steam.

I backed up my steamapps and restored it to my new steam install - so this just works...it always works.
    In fact, steam is so simple you could pick up your steam install with the Steamapps directory and move it wherever the hell you want and it will work.

I also backed up my Oculus\Software folder as outlined here: https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/59076/backup-restore-oculus-rift-games

I have a 1tb ssd for my oculus library.  I've installed the Oculus software to the default C:\Prog files.... location.
    My library is on the V:\Oculus folder (the new 1tb ssd).  I restore the Software folder in V:\Oculus and I go to the Beta menu and restart Oculus.  I also restarted the pc.  The game files are there and the I can click on a game to initiate the install. 

I get the same as above.  "Sorry, we couldn't install <app title>".

Restore NEVER works!  Either your documentation is wrong or incomplete!

I've done system wipes before and my steam folder is always up and running within seconds.  Oculus though, is always another matter and I always have to give up and download all my shit again.  This is annoying!  The user, system and services have full access to all the folders, there is no space issue, av has exceptions on these folders, I have even disabled defender.

There is no 3rd party software (unless you count nvidia drivers and firefox) on this clean install.
    Nexus 6
    edited December 2018
    I went to Oculus\Software\Downpour... and deleted the contents of this folder.  (I thought I'd test with Onward's game files)

I restart Oculus and now the game DOWNLOADS and then INSTALLS SUCCESSFULLY.  All other games fail to install, same error.  This is the only game that downloads and installs.

So the question is:  What is the difference between the content copied there from my old drive, and the content downloaded.

This is not space related, folder permissions appear unchanged, no change in registry.  So what is going on??
    Nexus 6
    Still no fix for this?
  • lee17lee17 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    same issue here
  • borys3borys3 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I'm also experiencing that issue today when trying to install SUPERHOT VR.
    In my case, it seems to download 721 MB of c.a. 900 MB and then it stops.
    Here is the log which, I think, realtes to that:
    [Debug] [14.12.2018 17:26:22] Number of chunks that need to be downloaded: 123.
    [Warning] [14.12.2018 17:26:27] Oaf requested cancellation: 'Download paused.'.
    [Warning] [14.12.2018 17:26:27] Oaf IPC connection lost!
    [Debug] [14.12.2018 17:26:27] IPC connection destroyed.
    [Debug] [14.12.2018 17:26:27] Exiting with code 42 (ErrorCancelRequested).
  • william.dalmauwilliam.dalmau Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited December 2018
    I've got the same issue for Vox Machinae, although it installs to 100% then has the error message.
    Games are saved onto a separate drive and have 654GB free. no other games have had this issue for me (currently have 16 installed).

Tried disabling anti-virus and still no luck.
  • UbedeadUbedead Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    So it appears that this isn't the first time this issue has come up .Can anyone (looking for a dev) tell us how it was fixed the last time?
  • BallpointPenBallpointPen Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Hey so I know it's been a while since the last post, but I think I found a solution. I looked all over the internet and I tried everything but nothing worked. Lots of people said it had something to do with Windows Defender. When I searched for windows defender settings, it said Virus & Threat protection wasn't enabled or something. It said it wasn't enabled by my organization or something like that. To fix it, I went to regedit (Hit Win+R and type in regedit) and went to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>Policies>Microsoft>Windows Defender. When clicking on Windows Defender, you should see DisableAntiSpyware as one of the items. Delete it. When going back to the settings, you should see a button to restart the Virus & Threat Protection. Once doing this, disable controlled folder access (Mine was off default) and restart the install.
  • jeffreyjperkinsjeffreyjperkins Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I've got plenty of space, my install folder is in another drive, virus and windows defender and firewall and such are all off/disabled.  Still no go on installs and getting the repetitive Sorry notification.  This is ridiculous.  Do I really have to reinstall the entire app?