Just got my Oculus rift today and I tried to set it up straight away only to be greeted by an error saying "It looks like we can't reach the Oculus server. Please check your connection." When I saw the message I searched through the forums to try and fix the issue but have had no luck in finding a fix.
Currently i have tried
- Running OculusSetup.exe as administrator
- stopping both firewall and antivirus
- updating graphics drivers
- checking disc space in C and D drives (183GB free in C and 1.4TB in D drive)
- running the setup in compatibility mode in Windows 7 & 8
Any help would be much appreciated.