New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

Cant Log In to Forum

ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 12,243 Power Poster
So I am able to make this post because my phone is already logged into the forum. However, I can't log into the form from any of my other devices. When I click sign-in, it takes me to the authentication page, but after it redirects me back to the Forum nothing happens. I am not logged in, and when I click sign-in again the site just hangs l.
Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane

Comments

• bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 3,455 Valuable Player
    i had the same problem last night..... it was rather irritating. like you my work pc is already logged in.
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • KlodsBrikKlodsBrik Posts: 782
    3Jane
    I have this problem everytime I get logged out for whatever reason.
    Opening a new instance of forums.oculusvr.com and refreshing it usually gets me logged in again.
    Be good, die great !
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,385
    Project 2501
    I get that too at times. Quite annoying. 
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 5,327 Power Poster
    On a mobile you have to log in twice. Press the login button. When brought to the login screen, log in. Scroll down to the forum link and go to the forum. Then you press login again and you'll be logged in.

This has been happening for a while for me.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 4,999 Volunteer Moderator
    Bet ya thought you was banned again  :#
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.
    And FlyInside Forum Admin.
    Flyinside Flight Simulator is coming !!!!! (In Beta)
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,127 Power Poster
    Zenbane said:
    So I am able to make this post because my phone is already logged into the forum. However, I can't log into the form from any of my other devices. When I click sign-in, it takes me to the authentication page, but after it redirects me back to the Forum nothing happens. I am not logged in, and when I click sign-in again the site just hangs l.

It redirects you to the forum after logging in? I never get that, it just sits there on my Oculus profile page after logging in. I always have to go back to the forum and click Sign In again, then it reloads with me signed in. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
    My Oculus Medium sketchbook thread, and my Oculus Medium Gallery
    Project 2501
    snowdog said:
    On a mobile you have to log in twice. Press the login button. When brought to the login screen, log in. Scroll down to the forum link and go to the forum. Then you press login again and you'll be logged in.

This has been happening for a while for me.
    Not just on mobile....I've had to do it on PC as well regardless of the browser.

I said it once and I'll keep on saying it.....this forum software Oculus uses is crap.
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 5,038 Valuable Player
    @cybereality - Oculus really need to fix this because it's annoying as hell. Once I login I then have to login to the forum twice before it logs me in..
    +1
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 641
    Neo
    edited August 15
    +2
    And 2 login buttons on the same page. What's that for?
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Yes, I can confirm I'm seeing the same login issue here. I don't believe we updated the forum, but maybe something else changed on the back-end. Give me a moment to look into it. Thanks.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    It's been happening for quite some time now, it's not a recent thing.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

The bug is not the double login, it's that you can't login at all. We're looking into it.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 12,243 Power Poster
    Fixed! Thanks Cyber.
    Yeah, we started testing it, and then it magically started working again. Strange.
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,429 Volunteer Moderator
    I actually noticed a few hack attempts which were swiftly banned over the past few days. HTC getting desperate? lol
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • WildtWildt Posts: 1,485 Poster of the Week
    Zenbane said:
    Yesterday I spent 45 more minutes trying to beat Wildt's beat saber score. When I finally beat it, bam! Forum was like, "yeah nah, you aint bragging today bruh."

:'(
    Sooo... you actually had a score to brag about?! Once my in-laws are gone I'll log in and check it out!
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill ram 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB + 850PRO 256GB + 850EVO 500GB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
    I actually noticed a few hack attempts which were swiftly banned over the past few days. HTC getting desperate? lol

More like Atmos...He had a mini-rant about me on the AV forums earlier, he didn't appreciate my When Will HTC Go Bust thread lmfao

I also started one on there too but without a poll lol

• KlodsBrikKlodsBrik Posts: 782
    3Jane
    He doesnt even know how to put a headset on right or is it put a right headset on?
     How the hell would you expect him to know how to even ping oculus servers ?

To much prolly, sorry mods :heyguys:
    Be good, die great !
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,429 Volunteer Moderator
    I would appreciate no Atmos talk, thank you.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
    Project 2501
    More than likely "He who shall not be named". >:)
    Who ???

Now you're at it too!!! lol  :D :D :D

• SyrellarisSyrellaris Posts: 1,035
    3Jane
    Yeah, we started testing it, and then it magically started working again. Strange.
    @cybereality it's been going on for a long time.. I've had that issue since ya'll booted up the new site. To this day, Mozilla firefox won't login into the Oculusvr Forums at all. Chrome works though. Rather annoying.
    Project 2501
    edited August 20
    And yet I use Firefox ONLY and I’m logged in......

its not a browser issue. It happens on my iPad and iPhone as well as Edge. 
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 12,243 Power Poster
    The issue is likely related to Token Passing with Vanilla Forums:

The Dev's responsible for this Forum just need to set up a Test environment where they use multiple devices to log in and generate the same problems that some of us have had in the past. Once they can replay the problem, they can track down the line(s) of code that needs a bit of updating. When we redirect ourselves to this forum, nothing happens on the Load event. Nothing is triggered until there's a Click Event (Sign In), and which point a check is clearly made to either redirect to the Login Screen or validate the Authentication Token (which we get after we sign-in, and remains in our browser's Cache).

The dev's likely need a bit more lines of code to make the process more integrated, seamless, and stable.

• SyrellarisSyrellaris Posts: 1,035
    3Jane
    Digikid1 said:
    And yet I use Firefox ONLY and I’m logged in......

its not a browser issue. It happens on my iPad and iPhone as well as Edge. 
    I don't know what's causing it but Firefox refuses to log in for me on the forum. Tried every known method to reset it, no luck. but yes, I do have the same issues on other browsers or devices sometimes.
  • Stryker1000Stryker1000 Posts: 484
    Trinity
    Zenban ..is Alex Jones in disguise !!!! They`re coming for ya maaan !!! oculus first ...then facebook...next it will be youtube….ur numbers up mate !!!  you will be sharing a cell with tommy robinson ...and getting buggered by mister big in the showers ! ….its a steady slope mate ….and ur on it ! :0)