New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Cant Log In to Forum

2»

Comments

• Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,472 Valuable Player
    Zenban ..is Alex Jones in disguise !!!! They`re coming for ya maaan !!! oculus first ...then facebook...next it will be youtube….ur numbers up mate !!!  you will be sharing a cell with tommy robinson ...and getting buggered by mister big in the showers ! ….its a steady slope mate ….and ur on it ! :0)
    If @Zenbane is Alex Jones....then I am honored.
    This is happening AGAIN on my phone.  Resetting doesn't do squat.  Tried over a dozen times.

GET BETTER FORUM SOFTWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 1,191
    Wintermute
    edited October 2018
    I only use firefox (don't like Chrome or Edge/IE) and have had several login fails in the past, for me switching out Ghostery and trying again would normally work, a couple of times that didn't work but at the next attempt to login all was fine.  This was the same regardless of which machine (or OS) I was using, switching between made no difference, have no idea what the root cause was.

It hasn't happened for a few weeks so fingers crossed :wink:
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, MSI MPG X570 Edge, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, KFA2 RTX 2080 Super, Samsung 870 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Antec Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15.1 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.
    Rift S
    Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD)
  • escrowdisescrowdis Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    edited May 2019
    Hey Oculus staffs,

Unfortunately I still stuck at there today. Can you guys test it again?

Thanks!
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,989 Valuable Player
    escrowdis said:
    Hey Oculus staffs,

Unfortunately I still stuck at there today. Can you guys test it again?

Thanks!

I had problems logging in on my mobile the other day because I automatically get logged out of sites every now and then but solved the problem by closing the tab altogether and starting again with a new tab. Hope that helps!
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 1,330
    Project 2501
    I couldn't login for a week, only started working yesterday.
    UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 7,937 Valuable Player
    @SkScotchegg - You need to do what this guy told me to do. Just copy and paste that link below if it does it again. It's to do with this Captcha that is hiding or something. If you click on the link just close the page and then try to sign in again. It boggles the mind why Oculus won't fix this issue.

You need to enter Captcha. But ... you can't see it  Do not click on "Sign In" but copy URL and go there:https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/entry/oculusconnect
  • SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 1,330
    Project 2501
    RedRizla said:
    @SkScotchegg - You need to do what this guy told me to do. Just copy and paste that link below if it does it again. It's to do with this Captcha that is hiding or something. If you click on the link just close the page and then try to sign in again. It boggles the mind why Oculus won't fix this issue.

You need to enter Captcha. But ... you can't see it  Do not click on "Sign In" but copy URL and go there:https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/entry/oculusconnect

Thanks mate, I'll do that from now on cheers, i'll save the link. And yeah it is annoying why they don't fix it.
    UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!
  • tensecuntensecun Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited May 2019
    *removed* Still it working like charm. 
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,854 Volunteer Moderator
    @tensecun No links to unknown sites, thanks.
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• Nekto2Nekto2 Posts: 353
    Trinity
    edited May 2019
    Techy111 said:
    @Techy111 is oculusvr.com unknown to you? :lol:

I will be more precise: Instead of clicking on "Sign In" you should right click and select "copy URL/link" of "Sign In" button/link. That is the URL in the post.

• kojackkojack Posts: 6,921 Volunteer Moderator
    Nekto2 said:
    Techy111 said:
    @Techy111 is oculusvr.com unknown to you? :lol:

I will be more precise: Instead of clicking on "Sign In" you should right click and select "copy URL/link" of "Sign In" button/link. That is the URL in the post.

He wasn't talking to you, he was talking to tensecun who posted an unrelated link to a spam website, which techy edited out.
    Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Oculus Forum Tool,  Phantom Touch Remover,  Forum Dark Mode,  X-Plane Fixer
    Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
    Headsets: DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest
  • OmegaM4NOmegaM4N Posts: 1,033
    Wintermute
    For anyone still have issue i found just resetting your passward fixed the issue for me.
  • PablitoPablito Posts: 361
    Trinity
    ... as stated months prior, quit that day drinking! :p
  • SpuzzumSpuzzum Posts: 843
    3Jane
    Well, I got hit by this today myself. My pc's a dual-boot, with Windows and LibreELEC (Kodi). Using the browser in Kodi, it's stuck in the sign in loop, then just stops looping altogether, with the progress bar blinking...not actually connecting to anything. I right-click the sign in tab, open in new tab, then it's just a blank page https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/entry/oculusconnect. I then boot into Windows, and the forum loads fine. I've had issues in Windows before, but it always let me in...finally, after 2 or 3 sign in attempts. Frustrating.
  • LeroyVRChristopherLeroyVRChristopher Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    Seems like the forum was down for couple minutes
  • JeremyC85JeremyC85 Posts: 346
    Trinity
    It does this to me ALL OF THE TIME. nothing fixes it. The forum is just poorly designed and several tries will see me log in... Eventually. There have been a few threads about why the forum traffic has been low; its bc no1 can log in! 
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 4,291 Valuable Player
    It took about an HR to get in on Ecosia browser but finally am in. It is a pita but hey ho. Is what it is.
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 16,675 Valuable Player
    edited October 2019
    It still happens to me. Sometimes I'll click the "log in" button, and then just go to work. If I'm lucky, I'll be logged in when I get back home hours later lol
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 4,314 Valuable Player
    Pages won't display properly using Chrome on my Kindle all of a sudden. Any ideas?

System Specs: ASUS NVIDIA RTX 3090 TUF GAMING OC 24GB , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
  • Firestorm185Firestorm185 Posts: 125
    Art3mis
    I can second that this is still a major problem. It took me about twenty minutes to log in just now, and I pay for fast internet, so something is still bugged.
    ------------------------------
    PC specs - GTX 1070 (MSI AERO); 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3; intel i5-4590, MSI motherboard (don't remember but it was a combo deal) and an EVGA Supernova 750W semi-modular.
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,854 Volunteer Moderator
    Yup same for me yesterday
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• TragicDelightTragicDelight Posts: 63
    Hiro Protagonist
     The 80hz refresh rate is making the freaking frogs gay!
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 2,780 Valuable Player
    Yesterday, Chrome, Safari, and Go browsers all experienced a problems needing to re-sign in.  Usual long delay before it flips to the Oculus website for sign in.  Then, going back to the forum it did not always work.  Seemed to work ok after a while though.  This is the only forum that I've found does this.  Kinda a pita imho.  Still, it's a good forum so I guess it's worth the hassle, lol!

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).

• kojackkojack Posts: 6,921 Volunteer Moderator
    TomCgcmfc said:
    This is the only forum that I've found does this.  Kinda a pita imho.  Still, it's a good forum so I guess it's worth the hassle, lol!
    We're lucky they haven't yet dropped the whole forum and moved everything to a facebook group.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Oculus Forum Tool,  Phantom Touch Remover,  Forum Dark Mode,  X-Plane Fixer
    Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
    Headsets: DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest
  • trek554trek554 Posts: 100
    Art3mis
    And this is still a goddamn issue even to this fucking day. Have they ever fixed one fucking thing related to the forms that people have complained about?
    Win 10 Pro | i9 9900KF | MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC | MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio | G.SKILL 32GB DDR4 3200 CL14 | Samsung Evo 860 4TB SSD | Cooler Master CM500 | EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750 watt | Sound Blaster Zx
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 7,937 Valuable Player
    edited January 1
    You need to right click on the sign in if you can't login and click on copy as link. Then keep pasting that in the address bar and keep hitting enter until it gives you a CAPTCHA. The CAPTCHA is what is causing the problem and even though Oculus have been informed about this they still don't seem to be able to fix it, or they haven't bothered to fix it.
    trek554 said:
    And this is still a goddamn issue even to this fucking day. Have they ever fixed one fucking thing related to the forms that people have complained about?
    Well they fixed the.....oh wait....nvm....but they did fix the......oh wait....they didn't....

No.

ANNNNDDDD here we go YET AGAIN.

Simply cannot log in from Mobile no matter what.

Oculus you need to smarten the heck up and replace this shit forum software!!!!!!!