New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Beat Saber - Community Rankings!

ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 11,539 Power Poster
If anyone is interesting in participating in Community Rankings (strictly for bragging rights) then post screenshots of your best Beat Saber scores here!

If you're looking for friends to compete with directly, then add anyone from this thread, or check out the community Friends Megathread:

Game on!

Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane

Comments

• ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 11,539 Power Poster
    I'll start with my screenshot, where I finally surpassed @Wildt with the official song, Breezer.

• WildtWildt Posts: 1,377 Poster of the Week
    Hot dang dude! Respect. Now go beat the other 10 scores! :smiley:
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill ram 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB + 850PRO 256GB + 850EVO 500GB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
    Right.. an hour to burn.

/me cranks up the AC, strips down to boxers and fires up BS.

Fuck I hope I can crack this one...
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill ram 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB + 850PRO 256GB + 850EVO 500GB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,100
    Wintermute
    Zenbane said:
    I'll start with my screenshot, where I finally surpassed @Wildt with the official song, Breezer.

You missed a block!!!!  LOL!!!!!! :D
    Wintermute
    edited August 15
    MUWHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!!!!

EDIT:  Oh wait....you were playing on expert....dammit!!!!

Indeed he did! Which I didn't in my 262k run. So I just had to copy his crappy style and miss a block as well in my new 265k score! Yups, I'm finally in the top200 thanks to brother Z.

Since it only took me 3 tries and an a total of 10 minutes, here's a little video which shows the Zenbane/Wildt score balance on all the official songs.

Digikid1 said:
    MUWHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!!!!

Most of my non-expert scores are my 9 year old daughter :lol:
    Nice vid, Wildt. I wish you had made it before they wiped my previous scores. However, topping all your current scores won't be a problem. 

I'll be back in the game this weekend. Hopefully more people will join in!
    Wintermute
    Wildt said:
    Digikid1 said:
    MUWHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!!!!

Most of my non-expert scores are my 9 year old daughter :lol:
    ouch dude....OUCH!!!!!!!! :D
  • iJudgementiJudgement Posts: 148
    Art3mis
    I can't compete with you guys on expert, yet, but I can try it out on hard! My scores are through steam though, so I can't do direct comparisons to you guys.
    Yeah, it sucks that the official leaderboards aren't cross platform. The Beatsaver unofficial tracks ARE though. Maybe we should pick some songs we can compete in.
    /me pokes @Zenbane
    It's weekend! :smiley:

Wintermute
    edited August 18
    Okay try these. 

Mortal Kombat theme
    avengers theme

get them at beatsaver and make sure you have the latest mod installed. 

How the heck are you getting such high scores?  Im hitting every block and my scores are low. 
    edited August 18
    Digikid1 said:
    Okay try these. 

Mortal Kombat theme
    avengers theme

get them at beatsaver and make sure you have the latest mod installed. 

How the heck are you getting such high scores?  Im hitting every block and my scores are low. 
    Google "beat saber scoring". TLDR: You need to make big swings.
    Wintermute
    I have. At least 180 degree swings. Weird. 
    Digikid1 said:
    Heh, post video of you getting low scores with a perfect combo doing 180 swings, and I'll consult :smile:
    Wintermute
    edited August 18
    Wildt said:
    Digikid1 said:
    Heh, post video of you getting low scores with a perfect combo doing 180 swings, and I'll consult :smile:
    I play as you do.  No vids of that please.  LOL!!!!!!!!!!

:D

Plus I have no webcams at all.
    My bad. Thursday and Friday turned in to an early weekend for me, with an interesting twist.

I'm currently in recovery mode.

• KlodsBrikKlodsBrik Posts: 677
    Neo
    Awesome!!
     Bet you would have gotten an epic score doing those moves in beat saber! .. ROFL
    Be good, die great !
    KlodsBrik said:
    Awesome!!
     Bet you would have gotten an epic score doing those moves in beat saber! .. ROFL

hah, indeed! Once my liver recovers.
    Wintermute
    edited August 18
    If you want to try out the songs I have I put together a file for you.  Just install the mod on Beatsaver.com https://github.com/Umbranoxio/BeatSaberModInstaller/releases/tag/2.1.1 and put these folders into your beat saber CUSTOMSONGS folder.

or for a direct download use this link: https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1yORTi3KTnMtZsyK2H_B2xCXSVMRxWfsE&export=download

Wintermute
    edited August 18
    If you want a REAL challenge try the song in my files called "Heaven is a place on Earth".  Had it for three weeks and NEVER been able to complete it.  The creator is a sadist....A SADIST I TELL YOU!  LOL!!!!!!!!!
    edited August 20
    Thanks for the suggestions @Digikid1 ; - I REALLY don't like any of those songs :lol:

It's seriously an issue for me - the official songs are pretty much ok with me, although I'm starting to struggle when I hear "Escape" or "Country rounds". I simply tune out mentally and fuck up.

Anywho, I've now definetely concluded what my tracking issue was. It's neither my TPcast nor the sensors going wonky. It's an issue that has been reported by users in various games where you swing your controllers in a way that puts enough g-force on the batteries to actually compress the springs for just a split second.

I found this very promising solution and have already ordered a similar material. 

@Zenbane ; - soooo.. are you gonna beat my scores NEXT weekend then? :wink:

Wintermute
    Well I hate cRap ( oh  how did that c get there.....my bad >:) ) and heavy metal.  To each their own.

Although that same material is used in grocery stores in the produce departments....just as them for a small patch and EVERY store has ROLLS of them in the back so that they can replace it on a weekly or monthly basis.

edited August 20
    I'm going to play during the week this time, since I missed the entire weekend.

That grip thing looks interesting. I have my own issue that only comes out when I'm trying to hit top scores. For some reason the faster I swing my thumb starts to move and I end up hitting the Oculus Menu button. It doesn't happen often, but it seems to increase in frequency when I'm trying to get a top ranking score. I've read some tips on how to grip the controllers better for Beat Saber, but I still haven't found a strategy I like.

The best I can do is remain actively aware of my thumb's position at all times.

Also, you might notice some new scores for me, including the completion of Angel Voices. But none of those are me; I had family over Sat/Sun and everyone was going Beat Saber crazy. I'll get back on myself later today.
    Yeah, hitting the menu button happened a lot to me too, but I think I've adapted somehow - it's been a while since it last happened now. But IIRC BS has a friendly time dilation when you resume, to help ease your way back into the action.

I did see your Breezer score improve by around 1k - that wasn't you?  :smile:
    Oh yeah the Breezer one is me, but I didn't realize I went higher! I was trying to show-off late Sat night. I have one other high-score right now that is really mine. But there was about 5 of us constantly switching and I wasn't writing the stuff down.

So I only recently discovered that the Oculus Home software now has an option to mirror audio to the speakers. That turned my VR Room in to Party Central on Saturday night. Friday night I was on a real dance floor, and Saturday night I was dancing in VR... I need to start doing Yoga at this rate.

Wintermute
    Video or it didnt happen Zenbane. LOL
    edited August 20
    Heh, while waiting for that high-friction material, I fiddled about with rubber bands and what not (couldn't find any baloons). And there is really VERY little space. If it's too thick the battery gets too displaced resulting in no connection.

So I went with the less optimal solution that some people have had varying degrees of success with - wedging a thickly folded piece of aluminum foil in between the battery and the spring.

Then I went on to beat 4 of my previous high scores with ZERO tracking issues. Oh joy! :)
    Update,

Yesterday I spent 45 minutes trying to take down Wildt's Breezer score, but came up short! Today I spent another 30 minutes... and still victory eludes me.

I realized today that while I have mastered the Blocks for the Song (I can almost successfully complete it blind-folded), where I'm struggling is with the technique to get the higher scores.

I don't want to move on to another song yet because I know I can top it! I'm going to give myself this entire week to take down that score. If not, I will concede Breezer victory to Wildt and move on to another song. FML