Beat Saber - Community Rankings! - Page 14 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Beat Saber - Community Rankings!

18910111214»

Comments

• pyroth309pyroth309 Posts: 1,548 Valuable Player
    edited May 30
    Stop cheating Wildt!

I noticed I was getting some 115s on Quest but I thought it might just been the quests scoring. Interesting that it's patched in everywhere. They shoulda just reset scores again as the old 110 max scores will get easily surpassed. Course maybe that fact is why they didn't. 
  • WildtWildt Posts: 1,903 Valuable Player
    Is the Quest leaderboard united with the Rift one?
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill DDR4 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB+850PRO 256GB+850EVO 500GB+970EVO 1TB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
  • pyroth309pyroth309 Posts: 1,548 Valuable Player
    No, not yet at least. 
  • KeenChopKeenChop Posts: 33
    Brain Burst
    edited June 3
    Wildt said:
    Dunno if you guys are aware of the new scoring system, but in essence it no longer penalizes fast swings (=me). Here's the sauce:

The new precise scoring system – explaned

Note: if you see 90/60 in the text, it means – 90 degrees before the cut and 60 degrees after the cut. The same goes for 100/60.

The potential amount of bonus points you get from cutting closer to the middle of the block has been changed from 10 to 15, the closer to the middle of the block you hit, the closer you get to getting the maximum of 15 points.

Previously, to swing for 90/60 angles required to get the full 100 points was bugged (technical: it wouldn't count the last frame before hitting the note). Thus if you swung faster, you would need to swing at higher angles to get the full 100 points, much higher than 90/60.

We fixed this bug (which makes getting the full 100 points easier), and made the angles 100/60 instead, to account for the competitive scene.

Put simply:
    - Bonus points from cutting closer to the block changed from 10 to 15.
    - Fixed a bug that calculated the 90/60 angles wrong, making players have to swing more than 90/60.
    - Changed angle required for 100 points from 90/60 to 100/60 because of the above change.

Due to this I've actually managed to beat our resident master @KeenChop on a couple of maps now! :sunglasses:

Good job mate! New scoring is a gamechanger. I'm waiting ;)

Edit
    Oh Hi Mark

• ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,091 Valuable Player
    Oh snap! KeenChop is in DA HOUSE!!

Trying to beat your score is going to kill me. Either that, or cause me to lose all body fat from the cardio.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
    Brain Burst
    edited June 3
    Zenbane said:
    Oh snap! KeenChop is in DA HOUSE!!

Trying to beat your score is going to kill me. Either that, or cause me to lose all body fat from the cardio.
    Well I guess both options aren't too healthy so try few steps at the time :wink: 
    Finding your perfect grip method helps a lot in scoring 115, try to experiment!
    There is a master in each and every one of us :)

Edit

Before patch i scored about 85% in faster songs.
    Now the bug is gone, a true swinging begins :D

@KeenChop - are you using a mod that makes the blocks just disintegrate instead of actually getting sliced, or is this on the Quest or something?
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill DDR4 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB+850PRO 256GB+850EVO 500GB+970EVO 1TB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
    Brain Burst
    @Wildt ; Idk, every update my mods keep messing with me, I think It's called particle overdrive. I switched everything low/off for stability purpose. I wish I had Quest :neutral:
    Brain Burst
    First time playing Vive. Touch FTW :p

edited June 6
    @KeenChop ; - so how good do you think the Vive wireless adapter is? 
    It's REALLY impressive how good you've become. Go back to page 2 in this thread, which is 10 months ago, and you were getting your first S scores on expert, and now you're 1337 AF :smiley:

Brain Burst
    Wildt said:
    @KeenChop ; - so how good do you think the Vive wireless adapter is? 
    It's REALLY impressive how good you've become. Go back to page 2 in this thread, which is 10 months ago, and you were getting your first S scores on expert, and now you're 1337 AF :smiley:

Thanks for kind words!  Guess I've finally found somethiing I'm good at <3
    -15kg is also quite motivating B)

It was first time I played on something other than Rift, so it was kinda weird. Comfortable, but weird :)
    Few lags (proly 'cause greenscreen recording), but overall I was satisfied. Getting used to Vive controlers was a torture tho.
    A lot of accidental pause button action :D

• ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,091 Valuable Player
    edited June 6
    I would rank it this way:
    • Wildt = l337 AF
    • KeenChop = Godlike Status
    • Zenbane = Al Bundy dreaming about the glory days

Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
    15kg!? wow, another Beat Saber weight loss wonder story - good job! 

Whenever I've put in some exercise, be it a run or a solid BS session etc., I have a bad habbit of rewarding myself with tasty calories, so my weight has been pretty constant the last 10 years. :lol:

You should try the Index + knuckles @ 144hz. I think someone like you would REALLY feel the benefits of the high refresh rates.
    Brain Burst
    @Wildt Tell me about it :D The only change in my diet was cutting off sugar. Just water and own sweat ;)
    @KeenChop - I've been playing a couple of stock song rounds on expert with the new scoring, and getting pretty close to your scores, so I can only conclude that they're from the old scoring algo.
    Could you please put in 20 minutes some time to go through them again, so I can deflate this false sense of confidence?
    Brain Burst
    Wildt said:
    @KeenChop - I've been playing a couple of stock song rounds on expert with the new scoring, and getting pretty close to your scores, so I can only conclude that they're from the old scoring algo.
    Could you please put in 20 minutes some time to go through them again, so I can deflate this false sense of confidence?

I haven't played these songs in ages, few were quite challenging!
    It took more than 20 mins :P I played With FS and GN on, it was the only workout my hangover could handle today :P
    Have faith, believe in yourself ^^
    @KeenChop - I can't stand having FS on, especially in songs with vocals. Might as well call the option "Chipmunks remix".
    GN makes me miss to many notes, but I can usually get a full combo with DA on.

Some of my scores on those shots are with the old scoring and without DA, so I'll be back with some updated ones. I should be able to get into top50 on all the official maps.

Anywho, I actually wanted to buy the new song pack today, but then realized there's no steam/oculus cross-buy even for music packs, so I didn't. I wanna support the devs and all, but paying that much for the same songs twice is just too much to ask for, when there are so many good custom songs/maps out there. I reckon I'll wait and see if I end up getting the Index before buying any packs.

Oh and btw, I just took a couple of screenshots and I *STILL* catch myself in the retarded act of putting effort into holding the flippin' HMD steady as I press the screenshot button, like the shot is otherwise gonna end up blurry :lol: :blush: