Beat Saber - Community Rankings! - Page 5 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Beat Saber - Community Rankings!

Comments

• pyroth309pyroth309 Posts: 1,549 Valuable Player
    edited September 2018
    Nevermind, I found it out after another google. It's performance points and a way to rank you as a player. Gotta play ranked maps for it to move though and the stock tracks arent ranked. Higher PP is better and the number on the left is your current rank on Scoresaber.
  • WildtWildt Posts: 1,904 Valuable Player
    Was wondering that myself :)
    Speaking of scoresaber - seeing how you're just mowing down my scores - have a go at this one:
    https://scoresaber.com/frontend/leaderboard.php?search=wildt&id=44

I set it yesterday, and I was on my way to my first full combo.. and hit 2 friggin' mines near the end.. RAAAARGH!
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill DDR4 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB+850PRO 256GB+850EVO 500GB+970EVO 1TB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
    edited September 2018
    I'll check it out but it won't be today. Probably be another day or 2 before I play any more. Gotta let the arms recover some lol. They were fine until Angel, that song finished em off.
    Seems like a perfect time for a retaliatory strike then! :naughty:
    Problem is my old back needs a break too :lol:
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill DDR4 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB+850PRO 256GB+850EVO 500GB+970EVO 1TB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
    It is! And yea I hear you. I'm 39 and I definitely don't regenerate like I used to anymore.  :'(
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,910 Valuable Player
    pyroth309 said:
    It is! And yea I hear you. I'm 39 and I definitely don't regenerate like I used to anymore.  :'(
    Another 79 baby eh?  Ditto on both counts. 
    39?! pffff those were the days!  (43)
  • iJudgementiJudgement Posts: 181
    Art3mis
    Bah, I'm 26, and I don't regenerate like I used to. I can't even finish a song on expert.
    @iJudgement - thanks for cheering me up :relieved:
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,103 Valuable Player
    42 here lol
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
    Attempted a sneak attack despite my body giving me warning signals. I thought "Escape" would be a good place to start. After ducking 5-6 obstacles my back told me "I ain't doing this shit ONE MORE TIME!"

I found out "Country Rounds" (oh my poor ears) and "Lvl Insane" were more suited for old people, and managed retake them, despite missing a couple of blocks. I installed Camera+ (wider FOV on desktop mirror) to record a video between the two songs, but forgot to set Rift as desktop audio device, so it's without sound :(

• Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,910 Valuable Player
    Wildt said:
    Attempted a sneak attack despite my body giving me warning signals. I thought "Escape" would be a good place to start. After ducking 5-6 obstacles my back told me "I ain't doing this shit ONE MORE TIME!"

I found out "Country Rounds" (oh my poor ears) and "Lvl Insane" were more suited for old people, and managed retake them, despite missing a couple of blocks. I installed Camera+ (wider FOV on desktop mirror) to record a video between the two songs, but forgot to set Rift as desktop audio device, so it's without sound :(

You're crazy.  Country Rounds is an awesome song.  For some reason it speaks to my scottish roots.  Not really sure why.
    Today I managed to go from 263k in Breezer to a whopping... 264k. I think it's time I gave that song a break lol
    edited September 2018
    @Zenbane - practicing on the other songs will boost your fundamental BS skills. Return to Breezer later on and you'll quite easily top it again. Promise :lol:
    Wildt said:
    @Zenbane - practicing on the other songs will boost your fundamental BS skills. Return to Breezer later on and you'll quite easily top it again. Promise :lol:
    Yea, I agree with this. I've mostly played custom songs since I've had beat saber and it's why going back to the originals allowed me to do well on them as most of them are similar patterns to other songs I've already learned.
    Well I was sorta able to play for about a half hour today. My shoulders are on still on fire but I managed to beat your country roads. Enjoy more of your favorite song. :smiley:
    I couldn't even make it through the other 2 after that lol.

I practiced for about an hour yesterday. Going from Easy to Expert on songs like $100 Bills. I had a great time and worked up quite the sweat. Shoulders are definitely killing me today, but plan to get back in for a bit later tonight.

All of ya'lls scores are crazy!
    edited September 2018
    Zenbane said:
    I practiced for about an hour yesterday. Going from Easy to Expert on songs like $100 Bills. I had a great time and worked up quite the sweat. Shoulders are definitely killing me today, but plan to get back in for a bit later tonight.

All of ya'lls scores are crazy!
    Yea, I got that 2nd day soreness going today lol. I can't even lift my right arm up past 45 degrees. Definitely overdid it Monday but it was fun so w/e lol. I had already played a bunch of Beat Saber on my normal workout maps before I attempted Wildt's stuff. So yea.

$100 bills was one of the harder ones to beat Wildt's score on. Took me a few tries. I like pretty much every original song map though. I just wish a couple of them didn't have bombs. Bombs in this game are so screwy. So many times the bomb detonates when next to a block and I'm nowhere near the thing. It's so annoying.
    Took yesterday off, but I'll see if I can't claw another one back tonight.  :smile:
    Its okay you beating me in No country for old men, but did have to be by 6 bloody K!? :weary: :sweat_smile:
    Well you did beat mine by 10k.  :#  

Tbh, I was shocked at the score and not really sure how I pulled that off. I even missed a block or two and figured I was done for the day and it was a lost cause until I saw the score. I was doing some weird steve urkel type gyrations to hit the blocks to the sides with my bum shoulders lol. Glad noone was around to see me IRL or record it. 
    Like this? :lol:

Lol I wish I was that mobile right now. Closer to this vid at 14 seconds...but I probably looked more like I was having a seizure. 

My back has somewhat recovered, so I gave Escape another shot, and I landed a SS-rank :sunglasses:
    Camera+ made the text on the right side too small to read, but it's 95th spot.

edited September 2018

How I look playing Normal Mode:

How I look playing Expert Mode:

edited September 2018
    I noticed I'd been pushed down to 4th on "Turn me on" by both @pyroth309 and @keeen.chop and decided to try and do something about it. After 20 minutes or so I had a solid 263k run, that put me at around 60th, but I missed 1 block and decided to chase a full combo and thus a SS rank. That took me an additional HOUR of blood, sweat and tears, and when I finally got the full combo, my arms were too tired to do proper swings, so the score ended up 263.992 :lol:

I actually managed to hit myself on the head with one of the controllers during this session!  Them meat sticks be outta control!

This map is pretty tricky near the end - block no. 328 is EVIL! :rage: 

Think I'm back in the overall lead now :sunglasses:
    edited September 2018
    Very nice. I had a decent run on escape but that was about all I was able to do today. I should be back to being able to play normally tomorrow I think. I got about 85% motion now in my shoulders but the repetitive motion of beat saber makes them start burning pretty quick still lol.

Good news is my easy liner came in today so I will install that tomorrow as well and hope that solves my erratic tracking.

Awesome job mate, can't wait to hear how that Easy Liner stuff works out for you. 
    edited September 2018
    Wildt said:
    Awesome job mate, can't wait to hear how that Easy Liner stuff works out for you. 
    Yea I hope it works. I don't know if it'll affect my top scores too much as most of these runs are clean tracking wise. I just hope it stops all the ones that error out. I've had really really good runs ruined from it so yea.

*edit* Holy run-on sentence batman. Shouldn't post while in a hurry lol. 
    edited September 2018
    So results on the easy liner is better but not perfect yet. I went warm up on my workout stuff and it was fine and I was getting excited as I didn't have a single hiccup. Then I went to LVL Insane to give it a go and everything felt great Bombs weren't exploding when I hit the boxes near them and then near the end... my right controller went haywire and caused me to miss 2 boxes.

I'm gonna put another piece in and see if I can't get it to where the battery is just stuffed in there and can't move at all. Either way it's better than the makeshift solution I had with several pieces of electrical tape on one side of the battery to give the rubber stopper on the battery cover more to grip.

• KlodsBrikKlodsBrik Posts: 1,185
    Wintermute
    Bought Beat Saber yesterday to play with my sisters kids this weekend.
    I am setting up OBS to be able to capture the moments of fun and joy when people havent experienced VR a lot.

As you all have these stunning videos above, I figured I would participate with the total opposite.
    Before I recorded this video I had only played $100 bills one time on normal.
    Enjoy me fail miserable playing Beat Saber second time. This time on hard  :D

I have a long way to go before I get even close to your scores ... lol

Be good, die great !