Beat Saber - Community Rankings! - Page 6 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Beat Saber - Community Rankings!

Comments

• WildtWildt Posts: 1,903 Valuable Player
    @pyroth309 - once again, very nice work! Slightly disappointing that the liner didn't produce the 100% stable result. Hope you can tweak it some.

If the devs every implement a playlist based pvp gamemode, you and I are gonna go head to head playing all 11 songs back to back! :smiley:
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill DDR4 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB+850PRO 256GB+850EVO 500GB+970EVO 1TB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
    @KlodsBrik ; - Godt gået! :)

I think you're way better than I was on day 1, so sky's the limit mate! :wink:
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill DDR4 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB+850PRO 256GB+850EVO 500GB+970EVO 1TB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
  • KlodsBrikKlodsBrik Posts: 1,184
    Wintermute
    A few more sessions definately have improven my skills. Still a long way to go.
     May I add, now I understand everyones obsession with beat saber. It´s freaking addictive.

Im gonna have such a fun day tomorrow if my arms can even swing the sabers by then.
    And that feeling when you cross your light sabers ingame ..... Awesome !
    Be good, die great !
    Despite these two SS ranked retakes (Lvl Insane & Beat Saber), I'm afraid the latest overall count does tally in favour of the great @pyroth309
    I went for a run earlier today, and this 45 minutes BS session put a hard nail in the coffin - I'm DONE for today :weary: 

• Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,906 Valuable Player
    Come on guys...I put that pack together for you so I could have some COMPETITION!  Lets see some with the non official songs. :D
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,091 Valuable Player
    Welcome to the fight @KlodsBrik

I'm really happy to see more folks joining in. My arms and heart rate couldn't keep up with Wildt's insanties alone.

Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • pyroth309pyroth309 Posts: 1,548 Valuable Player
    edited September 2018
    Wildt said:
    Despite these two SS ranked retakes (Lvl Insane & Beat Saber), I'm afraid the latest overall count does tally in favour of the great @pyroth309
    I went for a run earlier today, and this 45 minutes BS session put a hard nail in the coffin - I'm DONE for today :weary: 

Very impressive.  TBH, I don't know how much more I'm gonna try for score on the original maps. It's just wearing my shoulders out and I don't really get a good cardio workout because I'm just standing in one place focusing on the boxes. I like being able to move about while playing beat saber and get the heart rate up as I use it for cardio. I haven't even attempted  your sub top 100 scores yet and not sure I want to haha. So you are back the champ imo. I may try for one here and there but yea, not gonna focus on it.

In other news, i did get the tracking thing sorted after I cut a different piece of liner. It is way better. I'm still getting a ghosting issue though where like the blade will pass through a box and not register. Do you ever run into that?

Fair enough @pyroth309 ; :)

Happy to hear to got the battery problem sorted for good now.

Regarding your "ghosting issue" I think it's related to the problem I was talking about earlier in the thread - somethings just plain broken in the hit detection. I often get these oddly low scores on big swings, and sometimes even ZERO points. And like you, sometimes it wont register the hit at all. The weirdest thing is when there's no vibration in the controller when you hit the block and the hit sound is delayed.

Anywho, my OCD compels me to try and retake your scores, so I still have some work ahead of me :)

But speaking of custom songs, you should give that Kaskade song "Never sleep alone" a try - it's good fun, and pretty challenging!
    edited September 2018
    Wildt said:
    Fair enough @pyroth309 ; :)

Happy to hear to got the battery problem sorted for good now.

Regarding your "ghosting issue" I think it's related to the problem I was talking about earlier in the thread - somethings just plain broken in the hit detection. I often get these oddly low scores on big swings, and sometimes even ZERO points. And like you, sometimes it wont register the hit at all. The weirdest thing is when there's no vibration in the controller when you hit the block and the hit sound is delayed.

Anywho, my OCD compels me to try and retake your scores, so I still have some work ahead of me :)

But speaking of custom songs, you should give that Kaskade song "Never sleep alone" a try - it's good fun, and pretty challenging!
    Yea, I still am going to try Kaskade, probably today actually. Today is the first day I feel 100% again since Monday which is part of why I don't really feel like focusing on scores. I don't want to go down for another week from spending hours trying to beat them with the same motions. All of the ones I beat so far were within 5 tries and I know those top 100 ones are likely gonna take multiple. Laziness is winning out. Then add in the frustration from hits not registering and the inconsistent scoring and yea. On a side note, I'm also going out of town for a week Monday and won't have my Rift.

As far as the lack of vibration when hitting boxes, I get all of that as well. I think the problems left are just problems with the game. I have not had a problem with tracking with my touch in any other game until getting to the high level play of beat saber. Just too many G's on that battery spring. Even with the liner I can make it cut out if I swing full force but it's definitely playable now.
    Wintermute
    edited September 2018
    By now im considering this the VR killer app.
     Had my family by yesterday, and damn we had a fun day / evening with beat saber.

Knowing my work schedule for the next month I know I wont have time to compile a best of video, so here is the first hour of my mom / sister and her husband trying beat saber.
    For whoever enjoys peoples first time experience with VR this video is worth watching, otherwise it might be a waste of time.

They have only tried vr at my place with introduction apps like the blue and small sessions of luckys tale .
    My sister is gonna buy PSVR and beat saber when it arrives for PS and she already announced she would come by again this week for some more sessions. Even my mom had loads of fun with it.

My sister was damn good at it. 52min into the video she have her 2nd session stepping up to hard and complete the  level first time she tries it. I was impressed and is looking forward to compete with her.

This game is damn fun !!!

EDIT:
     This is only second time I upload a vid to youtube. Why is the video quality getting so shitty. Its recorded at 720P 6500k biitrate and doesnt look anything like this from source ?
    Be good, die great !
    edited September 2018
    I gave Kaskade a go and I only got like 1648 or something rank on first shot. I imagine though if you think about how you feel about country rounds and multiply that hatred by 10....that's the kind of reaction I get to super poppy stuff. I had to go blast Amon Amarth to fix my mind after that lol.

As far as the board itself though, it's well designed. It did a good job at fooling me with the box shifting a couple of times and I also hit some bombs somehow. Coulda been worse lol. I'll give it another go when I have whiskey around.
    edited September 2018
    @pyroth309 - haha, sorry if that song hit a nerve with you! :lol:
    That was unintentional. The song does fall outside my own definition of super poppy, but it IS too poppy to be something I'd listen to outside of BS for sure.
    The beat map just suits the song so well when that synth baseline or whatever it is kicks into action (around 1:15).
    I think this is one of the most watched BS vids on youtube, and the man Kaskade himself actually commented on it :)

KlodsBrik said:
    My sister was damn good at it. 52min into the video she have her 2nd session stepping up to hard and complete the  level first time she tries it.
    Dude! You arm was blocking the view ;)
    Just gonna leave this one here without a comment ;)

Wildt said:
    Just gonna leave this one here without a comment ;)

This is a discussion about BEAT SAVER. You’re clearly playing BAT SAVER. 

:D 
  • KeenChopKeenChop Posts: 33
    Brain Burst
    Great performance guys! Keep it up! I'm testing some custom tracks atm and soon i'll fight for SS in classic.

edited September 2018
    @keeen.chop - Good job! It's been a while since I played that map, but I remember never getting a perfect combo - I usually screwed up at the part around 0:57 - and I was hoping to see some cool calm way of tackling it, but you did the same erratic wrist shaking I did lol. And then you go and miss some really easy blocks - such a shame! SS-rank is deffo within your reach.

Just managed to beat @pyroth309 "Belearic Pumping" score - that was one of the toughest maps for me for some reason - my arms are boiled spaghetti right now.

Wintermute
    edited September 2018
    Yesterday I had a few expert runs. How the hell do you manage to even complete them ? .. lol
     Wish I had more time to game, but work has been overruling my fun for quite some time now.
    At some point I will catch up with the lot of you.

Also, started to play a few custom songs I found at beatsaver.
     Where do you get your custom songs from that have a good ranking system?

@pyroth, I also seem to have a few cubes that just wont get hitted even though I can clearly see that I hit them. And its the same ones over and over. So I figure its in how its programmed or an error.

Wildt said:
    Yeah sorry bout that ... That was the part that I should have gotten loads of likes from .. lool
     Im new to streaming and forgot all about the camera recording like 2mins after having started it.
    Be good, die great !
    KlodsBrik said:
    Not sure what you mean, but I've just downloaded some of the most popular ones according to scoresaber, and then a few extra simply because I like the music :smiley:
    KlodsBrik said:
    Yesterday I had a few expert runs. How the hell do you manage to even complete them ? .. lol
     Wish I had more time to game, but work has been overruling my fun for quite some time now.
    At some point I will catch up with the lot of you.

Also, started to play a few custom songs I found at beatsaver.

@pyroth, I also seem to have a few cubes that just wont get hitted even though I can clearly see that I hit them. And its the same ones over and over. So I figure its in how its programmed or an error.

Wildt said:
    Yeah sorry bout that ... That was the part that I should have gotten loads of likes from .. lool
     Im new to streaming and forgot all about the camera recording like 2mins after having started it.
    Look back a few pages and I posted a link to a GOOD SONG pack that I made up.  Check those out and see if you can beat them.
    I rely on muscle memory when playing a new song. I'll usually screw it up the first 5 times, but then can typically complete it soon after. Then the "swipe mastery" attempts begin. Although by that point my shoulders are probably screaming and I need a shower
    :|
    Wintermute

Wildt said:
    KlodsBrik said:
    Not sure what you mean, but I've just downloaded some of the most popular ones according to scoresaber, and then a few extra simply because I like the music :smiley:
    Sorry, meant to say rating system. That popular overview at scoresaber is more like it.
     Would like to see an overview of what difficulties the different songs have been mapped to as well.

Zenbane said:
    I rely on muscle memory when playing a new song. I'll usually screw it up the first 5 times, but then can typically complete it soon after. Then the "swipe mastery" attempts begin. Although by that point my shoulders are probably screaming and I need a shower
    :|
    I just need to practice some more. Think I only got like 3hours or so in the game myself overall. Thanks :)

Oh, and im such an idiot. Just figured out today that the touch straps are adjustable. :blush:

Be good, die great !
    Wintermute
    Managed to complete Escape in third attempt on expert. Score doesnt matter at this point. (114.xxx ) ..  lol
     I see what you mean with muscle memory.
     This is gonna be good !!
    Be good, die great !
    edited September 2018
    Hardest earned 400 point lead yet :cold_sweat: :tired_face: :dizzy:
    I gotta whine a bit.. something is just so broken with the hit detection/swing angle calculation. I've been looking at some of my runs, and every now and then a double top->down swing where I have a lot of time to REALLY make it big, will give me like 14 and 35 points for left/right block.. and with the narrow score margins between the top spots, that's a record attempt gone to shit right there!

Battery disconnects and poor hit detection is seriously killing the joy of high-score chasing for me :disappointed:
    edited September 2018
    Wildt said:
    Hardest earned 400 point lead yet :cold_sweat: :tired_face: :dizzy:
    I gotta whine a bit.. something is just so broken with the hit detection/swing angle calculation. I've been looking at some of my runs, and every now and then a double top->down swing where I have a lot of time to REALLY make it big, will give me like 14 and 35 points for left/right block.. and with the narrow score margins between the top spots, that's a record attempt gone to shit right there!

Battery disconnects and poor hit detection is seriously killing the joy of high-score chasing for me :disappointed:
    Nice job on the scores. I just got back in after being out of town since sunday and that's exactly why I threw in the towel. I could see I was going to have to sit there and play the maps repeatedly and it's simply not worth my time to sit there and try to get lucky with the broken hit detection. Zero enjoyment out of that lol. I literally went from ok I'm going to beat all of Wildt's scores... to 3 straight great attempts ruined by ghosting when I was like... or not...let me find a white flag icon instead!
    @pyroth309 ; - are you seriously SITTING while playing Bat Saber? :)
    Wildt said:
    @pyroth309 ; - are you seriously SITTING while playing Bat Saber? :)

I love Bat Saber

edited September 2018
    I swear I didn't do it on purpose on the 2 screenshots after @Digikid1 made the bat joke - just noticed today :lol:
    OMFG - things just got even worse!  Normally it was sorta tolerable to have technical issues fuck up your run - but you could always just quickly press OH button twice and the "Restart" button was there. Now it's not! And I've tried opting out of Public test, but to no avail!

WTF happened - are you guys getting this too?