New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

How do you operate controls in Ultrawings (and where do you find documentation in general)

nochopsnochops Posts: 20
NerveGear
I cannot find any way to operate the throttle in Ultrawings. the "voice" and on-screen messages say to use the computer (which isn't connected) and the "tablet"  - also not connected, and the one on the screen does nothing.  I can see the throttle lever, but there's no way to move it.  Making random motions on the top of the controller it plane started moving, but when I moved forward - the normal throttle motion - the plane went backwards and then sideways.

Where is the documentation?  I just got my go a couple days ago, and while a few passive things are fun the games all seem to have a learning curve based on either previous game experience or dumb luck.  I'm not a gamer so I can't operate them intuitively, and my luck isn't helping.  I'm just stunned that a new, expensive, hi-tech product has almost NO documentation.  Have I missed something about where it's all located  or is it really that poorly supported?

Comments

• jschalljschall Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    In my experience I just press and hold the top of the touch pad to raise the throttle.
    And yes, it would be nice to have some documentation for Ultrawings.
  • throggythroggy Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Throttle response ti Oculus trackpad needs some work
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 618
    Neo
    throggy said:
    Throttle response ti Oculus trackpad needs some work
    The latest UltraWings Go update has improved this quite a bit imho.
    Alienware 17r4 Laptop with i7-7700hq 2.8/3.6, 32 gb ram, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, 256gb ssd, 1tb hdd, Oculus Rift w/2x sensors.  Now using an Alienware Graphics Amplifier (AGA) with Zotac gtx1080ti Blower and Asus vg248qe 144hz external monitor.  All works great!

Also have a 64gb Oculus Go which I love for travel and quick VR Fixes.  Looking forward to the Quest!