New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

STOP FORCING UPDATES TO A GAME THAT WILL NOT RUN ON MY PC!

STOP THIS!

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Please take down the tone a little bit. From my perspective, your PC was not meeting the requirements to begin with, so the onus is kind of on you to own compatible hardware. Not for developers to support every possible configuration out there. Hope that makes sense.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,127 Power Poster
    You can turn off auto-updates—it’ll notify you that updates are available, and you can choose what to install. You could also uninstall the game, since you can’t play it. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
    My Oculus Medium sketchbook thread, and my Oculus Medium Gallery
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 1,063
    Neo
    edited August 16
    LONE ECHO is the only Rift game in existence to use SSE4.2 commands.
    I paid for it to try out and could not run it even though ECHO ARENA lets you into the menu screen.
    I get my refund and it is not in my folders nor in any folders.
    I had once added it to the Filter to stop any further bother from it as I do not wish to SEE any games that I choose not to install.
    I now get a forced update (15mins counter) for 2.4GB and there was totally no way to stop this happening.
    I do NOT wish to prevent all the games I DO WANT by Disabling Auto Updates.
    This has seriously angered me!
    First they add that daft SSE4.2 nobody else uses + force updates when I don't even wish to have it left on my home in folders!
    I can no longer see the Game to UNINSTALL.
    THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG ABOUT ALL OF THIS.

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Ah, I see what you are saying. If you got a refund, you may have to manually delete the files from your PC. They should be in the standard location for your games. Just make sure you also delete the manifest file for that particular game as well, I think that should do it.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    Neo
    edited August 17
    This is the problem Cyber, I had already deleted the 2 files in Manifest and the main game also in Software folders. It reappeared when it announced it will install in 15mins. I may just have to stop auto updates due to this. It is odd this only happens to LONE ECHO and not others I removed by Uninstall and it is also the only game ever in the Universe which uses SSE4.2 for Rift.
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 5,033 Valuable Player
    edited August 17
    Maybe the update file is hiding somewhere else. Where, I have no idea, but it must be somewhere if it is prompting you to update.
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 4,995 Volunteer Moderator
    Maybe in app data/roaming or local or the other one ???
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.
    And FlyInside Forum Admin.
    Flyinside Flight Simulator is coming !!!!! (In Beta)
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 4,039 Valuable Player
    edited August 17

There seem to be 2 locations where the json files can reside and Home seems to work with manifest files in either location... or both.

\Oculus\Manifests on the drive where you chose to install your Oculus games

& C:\Program Files\Oculus\Core Data\Manifests folder

I make sure all my manifests are in the second location and remove any form the first so I can keep track of them better and make backups.

Gateway 2000, Pentium II 300 Mhz CPU, 64Mb RAM, STB Velocity 128 AGP Graphics Card with 4MB SGRAM, 6.4Gb Hard Drive, US Robotics 56.5kbps Internal Modem, 12/24x CDROM Drive, Ensoniq AudioPCI, Windows 95.
  • elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,571 Valuable Player
    what I'm getting from this is make sure you uninstall a game you plan on refunding PRIOR to refunding!!
    some useful info (although I've only ever refunding one game and that was don't starve together on steam, I7 literally fell asleep twice while playing it at a LAN in the middle of the day. Fucking terrible game) so will bear this in mind if an Oculus purchase turns into a snooze fest
    This is my forum signature.
    There are many others like it, but this is mine.
    Neo
    edited August 17
    This is what I have done by searching all folders mentioned already. I had already deleted those files and none appear in hidden AppData folders like others do.
    This is why it angered me but perhaps because I had once filtered the Install. I don't know but has never happened to anything else. Seems to be a special this one and connected to what we have purchased regardless of a refund. Data is not being updated! So I get the game again for free (it is not the free ECHO ARENA) yet can not see it to play it (if I bought a PC i7) nor Uninstall it as per menu method due to never being able to see it in my library!
    No doubt it would run from the standalone exe.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file