New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Revert Oculus Avatar?

diggitydog_diggitydog_ Posts: 43
Brain Burst
I tried using the oculus home avatar editor for the rift core 2 beta, but I decided that I don't like it. I can't figure out a way to revert back to the old avatar, using the avatar editor app lets me change my old one, but launching back into home only shows my new avatar. Any suggestions?
Tagged:

Comments

• E0SE0S Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I would like to know too. Hate the new one. Dont understand why I have to look like a pudgy weird character. It is so bad i have stopped playing Oculus. Dont understand why in a VR world we can be anything we have to be a wired looking human. Small minded update if you ask me.
  • DoctorMemoryDoctorMemory Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Just throwing my reaction in here too. I loved the old avatar material/skins. When I think VR I think digital or fantastic. Pudgy white guy is not what I want in virtual reality. I would choose a different skin color but that can go really bad really quick. My only solution has been to turn off the new core 2 beta and go back to the original pool side home. Which is a shame because I really like the other core 2 features.
  • LuluViBritanniaLuluViBritannia Posts: 431
    Trinity
    I agree with you guys, although I wouldn't call the new avatars "bad". That said they should not have removed the previous stuff, that's for sure. 
    Current VR results imo:
    - Great small apps. Great ports of bigger games.
    - Great VR-specific features. Not enough showcased!!!
    - Too many actors in the industry, the market is totally broken.

My hopes for VR next gen:

- Better ratio between visual quality and power needs. No more godrays and less SDE.
    - Full Body Tracking.

"If you don't mind, do you want me to take you there? Where dreams come true."
  • AkumaTrimAkumaTrim Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I with you guys the new ones have really screwed up my experince in the core the new avatars are based off the brass tatics avatars and they suit that game not the core 2 though its horrible