cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feet placement too close to the edge in Rift games

empirebeige
Protege
Hi. I've had the Rift + Touch bundle in use for a few days. I have two sensors with a basic setup (on both sides of my computer monitor). The play area that I defined in the Guardian system just meets the optimal requirement (2 m x 1,5 m or 7 by 5 feet). The problem is that in certain games the marker for feet placement seems a bit too close to the edge of the play area (the edge on the sensor side). Fruit Ninja is a good example. In that game the player needs to stand on the feet markers in order for the sword to reach the fruit popping up. But if I stand in the designated spot, the Guardian grid appears every time I reach out so slice something with the sword. This could be easily remedied by taking a step or two back, but then I can't reach anything. In Beat Saber the feet markers are also too far up front, though in that game it's not a problem to move back a bit.

So now I'm wondering whether this is a game specific issue or if I've screwed up the sensor setup. When configuring the sensors there is the part where you hold the trigger, the sensors scan you, a white circle appears on the floor and you have to confirm your location by pressing a button. I was a bit confused about what "confirm your location" means. Should the circle be at my feet at this point? Because I always end up standing behind the circle after the scan is done. Even if I hold the controller by my leg when pressing the trigger.

Thanks in advance for any help.
2 REPLIES 2

LZoltowski
Champion
So the bit with the sensor setup defines your "default facing position". You can re-run just the sensor setup if you were facing the wrong way. Most games actually check where you are facing when they load for the first time, but this depends on the developer and is not always implemented correctly.

Also you could try recentering your view when inside of the game. 

So: While inside of the game, Push the Oculus button on the right controller, Dash should show up and there should be a button that says "Recenter View" ... 

sk7g161gnyy8.jpg
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

empirebeige
Protege
Ok. Thanks. I will try this. Some games let the player define the position for feet, but most of them apparently don't.