New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Multiple Monitors and Oculus Rift

whitelion606whitelion606 Posts: 2
NerveGear
I was wondering if anyone knew of any work around to the display issues when you have a multiple monitor setup when using the Oculus Rift, I hate the hassle of having to unplugg everything and reboot whenever I want to use it each time?

Comments

• falken76falken76 Posts: 2,901 Valuable Player
    I have dual monitors, I don't have to disconnect anything when I reboot.  Do you have to do that if you have more than 2 monitors?
  • whitelion606whitelion606 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    From my experience if I have more than my main monitor connected to my graphics card the Oculus will have a no hdmi detected error. After a couple reboots/changing ports/killing the Oculus server in task manager it will work, and if I plug it into a display port it passes the checks but then fails them as soon as the light sensor is covered.

All my drivers are up to date and I've made sure the hdmi cable is properly inserted at both ends.

I have a GTX 1080, if that has any bearing on things, maybe there is a setting  on the control panel I've missed?
  • ebobramebobram Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    for my setup, I cant start vr unless I only have 1 monitor connected. so what I do is when I play I unplug one of my monitors, close all of oculus's programs in task manager, start the oculus app, then when the headset is working I plug my monitor back in. it is really annoying. i don't have any issues with vr or either of my monitors when I have both active while ve is running so I don't know why this is even a thing. it is stupid.