New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

First time reactions! Family Tries VR & Oculus Touch For The First Time.

rVRclosetrVRcloset Posts: 373
Trinity
A video I put together with first time reactions, when family members tried VR and touch for the first time. 

The Closet Sim Rig
Aourus Pro Z390 - i7 8086K 32GB Ram - MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB - Windows 10  / GT Omega WS - NLR V3 - RS6 - Jetseat kw-908 / Fanatec CSW 2.5 / Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedals / Fanatec SQ Shifter 1.5 / Fanatec CS HB V.1.5 / HE SQ Shifter / SHH Shifter / TH8A Shifter / G27 Shifter - Button Box / DSD Button Box / BBJ Button Box / Wind simulator / Rift - S

Comments

  • KlodsBrikKlodsBrik Posts: 1,201
    Wintermute
    I love watching peoples reactions trying VR for the first time.
    This was a great video as well.

    Not long ago my sister her husband and niece tried my setup for the first time as well.
    My mom did record some of it. Will get those videos and make one myself.
    Be good, die great !
  • rVRclosetrVRcloset Posts: 373
    Trinity
    Thank you!  
    Same here, they are really fun to watch. You should do that! :)
    The Closet Sim Rig
    Aourus Pro Z390 - i7 8086K 32GB Ram - MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB - Windows 10  / GT Omega WS - NLR V3 - RS6 - Jetseat kw-908 / Fanatec CSW 2.5 / Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedals / Fanatec SQ Shifter 1.5 / Fanatec CS HB V.1.5 / HE SQ Shifter / SHH Shifter / TH8A Shifter / G27 Shifter - Button Box / DSD Button Box / BBJ Button Box / Wind simulator / Rift - S
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,232 Valuable Player
    I love watching first timer videos, particularly when people are playing scary games and experiences lol

    My Mum pretty much curled up into a ball when the T-Rex from Dreamdeck appeared and walked over her lololol :D:D:smiley:

    The trouble with watching these YouTube videos is that you need to be careful about the volume, if you have it too loud your neighbours might think you're murdering people lmfao


    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

    Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • rVRclosetrVRcloset Posts: 373
    Trinity
    snowdog said:
    I love watching first timer videos, particularly when people are playing scary games and experiences lol

    My Mum pretty much curled up into a ball when the T-Rex from Dreamdeck appeared and walked over her lololol :D:D:smiley:

    The trouble with watching these YouTube videos is that you need to be careful about the volume, if you have it too loud your neighbours might think you're murdering people lmfao


    Yeah, and also in editing, not to make people watching it go deaf!  :#
    Both my wife doing the climb, and in an upcoming video where my mother in law tries Dirt Rally, are turned down quite a bit in editing!  :D
    The Closet Sim Rig
    Aourus Pro Z390 - i7 8086K 32GB Ram - MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB - Windows 10  / GT Omega WS - NLR V3 - RS6 - Jetseat kw-908 / Fanatec CSW 2.5 / Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedals / Fanatec SQ Shifter 1.5 / Fanatec CS HB V.1.5 / HE SQ Shifter / SHH Shifter / TH8A Shifter / G27 Shifter - Button Box / DSD Button Box / BBJ Button Box / Wind simulator / Rift - S
  • rVRclosetrVRcloset Posts: 373
    Trinity
    One more vid of family trying the sim rig.  :) 

    The Closet Sim Rig
    Aourus Pro Z390 - i7 8086K 32GB Ram - MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB - Windows 10  / GT Omega WS - NLR V3 - RS6 - Jetseat kw-908 / Fanatec CSW 2.5 / Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedals / Fanatec SQ Shifter 1.5 / Fanatec CS HB V.1.5 / HE SQ Shifter / SHH Shifter / TH8A Shifter / G27 Shifter - Button Box / DSD Button Box / BBJ Button Box / Wind simulator / Rift - S
  • KlodsBrikKlodsBrik Posts: 1,201
    Wintermute
    lol ... I love how you didnt tell your dad that it was a motion rig he was sitting in.
    And what a freaking awesome setup you have there if i might add!!
    I want more of these videos. Actually there aint that many on the wide wienernet afterall.

    I recently recorded my first video of my family trying out Beat Saber and then realized what considerations one have to take into account to get a great outcome. ( Sound, capturing the right moments, not standing in front of the camera  etc. )

    I dont have time to edit it for the next month or so, so I uploaded the first hour unedited.
    Dont wanna spam your thread with my own videos but you can find it in the beat saber community rankings here if you want to:

    Im from Denmark so you might even be able to understand whats being said. :)


    Be good, die great !
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,232 Valuable Player
    I'm going to be all over the Yaw VR motion simulator next year when I can afford it. I might even postpone my purchase of the CV2 next year to get it...assuming that it gets decent reviews of course!
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

    Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • rVRclosetrVRcloset Posts: 373
    Trinity
    KlodsBrik said:
    lol ... I love how you didnt tell your dad that it was a motion rig he was sitting in.
    And what a freaking awesome setup you have there if i might add!!
    I want more of these videos. Actually there aint that many on the wide wienernet afterall.

    I recently recorded my first video of my family trying out Beat Saber and then realized what considerations one have to take into account to get a great outcome. ( Sound, capturing the right moments, not standing in front of the camera  etc. )

    I dont have time to edit it for the next month or so, so I uploaded the first hour unedited.
    Dont wanna spam your thread with my own videos but you can find it in the beat saber community rankings here if you want to:

    Im from Denmark so you might even be able to understand whats being said. :)


    Thank you!!
    Yeah, thought it was fun to let him find that out by him self.  :D

    And no worries man!  :)

    The Closet Sim Rig
    Aourus Pro Z390 - i7 8086K 32GB Ram - MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB - Windows 10  / GT Omega WS - NLR V3 - RS6 - Jetseat kw-908 / Fanatec CSW 2.5 / Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedals / Fanatec SQ Shifter 1.5 / Fanatec CS HB V.1.5 / HE SQ Shifter / SHH Shifter / TH8A Shifter / G27 Shifter - Button Box / DSD Button Box / BBJ Button Box / Wind simulator / Rift - S
  • rVRclosetrVRcloset Posts: 373
    Trinity
    Finally got my wife to try driving in the sim rig!! Only took me 5 years to make her try it!.. .  :D


    The Closet Sim Rig
    Aourus Pro Z390 - i7 8086K 32GB Ram - MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB - Windows 10  / GT Omega WS - NLR V3 - RS6 - Jetseat kw-908 / Fanatec CSW 2.5 / Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedals / Fanatec SQ Shifter 1.5 / Fanatec CS HB V.1.5 / HE SQ Shifter / SHH Shifter / TH8A Shifter / G27 Shifter - Button Box / DSD Button Box / BBJ Button Box / Wind simulator / Rift - S
  • TaintFistTaintFist Posts: 180
    Art3mis
    To go back in time and experience it for the first time again hehe.  I loved that little demo with the little robot, very cool and fun introduction to VR.  One of the many things Oculus got right for sure :smile:


  • CalibosCalibos Posts: 108
    Art3mis
    edited October 2018
    I've seen enough videos of Swedes and Norwegians taking the piss out of the Danish accent to know that the language I was listening to was Danish. That said, all the Scandinavian languages sound like the Chef from the Muppet Show to me. LOL!! Some Cork and the Kerry accents in Ireland are hilarious and almost unintelligible to those of us on the East coast of Ireland so I can only imagine how they sound to other English speaking nations while at the exact same time sounding almost the same to non native English speakers. The biggest head-f*ck are those youtube videos of faux English, where whats spoken or sung sounds english but is not English nor intelligible to an English speaker and kind of gives us English speakers an idea of what we sound like to non English speakers.

    Oh Yeah almost forgot. Your wife is a better driver in VR than I am. I have pCars2 and a Logitech G920 wheelset and can barely get around a single bend without spinning off!! LOL
  • rVRclosetrVRcloset Posts: 373
    Trinity
    TaintFist said:
    To go back in time and experience it for the first time again hehe.  I loved that little demo with the little robot, very cool and fun introduction to VR.  One of the many things Oculus got right for sure :smile:
    That was a really nice demo!! :smile:
    The Closet Sim Rig
    Aourus Pro Z390 - i7 8086K 32GB Ram - MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB - Windows 10  / GT Omega WS - NLR V3 - RS6 - Jetseat kw-908 / Fanatec CSW 2.5 / Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedals / Fanatec SQ Shifter 1.5 / Fanatec CS HB V.1.5 / HE SQ Shifter / SHH Shifter / TH8A Shifter / G27 Shifter - Button Box / DSD Button Box / BBJ Button Box / Wind simulator / Rift - S
  • rVRclosetrVRcloset Posts: 373
    Trinity
    Calibos said:
    I've seen enough videos of Swedes and Norwegians taking the piss out of the Danish accent to know that the language I was listening to was Danish. That said, all the Scandinavian languages sound like the Chef from the Muppet Show to me. LOL!! Some Cork and the Kerry accents in Ireland are hilarious and almost unintelligible to those of us on the East coast of Ireland so I can only imagine how they sound to other English speaking nations while at the exact same time sounding almost the same to non native English speakers. The biggest head-f*ck are those youtube videos of faux English, where whats spoken or sung sounds english but is not English nor intelligible to an English speaker and kind of gives us English speakers an idea of what we sound like to non English speakers.

    Oh Yeah almost forgot. Your wife is a better driver in VR than I am. I have pCars2 and a Logitech G920 wheelset and can barely get around a single bend without spinning off!! LOL
    Hahahaha!!!
    It may sound alike to you, but I have a really hard time understanding Danish..  :D
    Hehe, she have something to live up to, her dad was a Rally driver. :)
    The Closet Sim Rig
    Aourus Pro Z390 - i7 8086K 32GB Ram - MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB - Windows 10  / GT Omega WS - NLR V3 - RS6 - Jetseat kw-908 / Fanatec CSW 2.5 / Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedals / Fanatec SQ Shifter 1.5 / Fanatec CS HB V.1.5 / HE SQ Shifter / SHH Shifter / TH8A Shifter / G27 Shifter - Button Box / DSD Button Box / BBJ Button Box / Wind simulator / Rift - S
  • rVRclosetrVRcloset Posts: 373
    Trinity
    Oldest son tries the new rig and iRacing for the first time.

    The Closet Sim Rig
    Aourus Pro Z390 - i7 8086K 32GB Ram - MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB - Windows 10  / GT Omega WS - NLR V3 - RS6 - Jetseat kw-908 / Fanatec CSW 2.5 / Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedals / Fanatec SQ Shifter 1.5 / Fanatec CS HB V.1.5 / HE SQ Shifter / SHH Shifter / TH8A Shifter / G27 Shifter - Button Box / DSD Button Box / BBJ Button Box / Wind simulator / Rift - S
  • OmegaM4NOmegaM4N Posts: 631
    Neo
    ^^The first track reminded me completly of a Jeff Crammond game i played on the Atari St and Amiga 500, Stunt car racer, we need a vr version of that game now! lol
  • rVRclosetrVRcloset Posts: 373
    Trinity
    OmegaM4N said:
    ^^The first track reminded me completly of a Jeff Crammond game i played on the Atari St and Amiga 500, Stunt car racer, we need a vr version of that game now! lol
    Hehehe, cool!
    I remember playing and love a racing game on the Amiga, think it was kalled only Stunts, or Stunt Driver or something like that. You could make your own tracks with jumps and loops and stuff.  :smiley:
    The Closet Sim Rig
    Aourus Pro Z390 - i7 8086K 32GB Ram - MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB - Windows 10  / GT Omega WS - NLR V3 - RS6 - Jetseat kw-908 / Fanatec CSW 2.5 / Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedals / Fanatec SQ Shifter 1.5 / Fanatec CS HB V.1.5 / HE SQ Shifter / SHH Shifter / TH8A Shifter / G27 Shifter - Button Box / DSD Button Box / BBJ Button Box / Wind simulator / Rift - S
Sign In or Register to comment.