New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Oculus Rift 1.30 (Rolling Out Now) Release Notes

cyberealitycybereality Posts: 25,651 Oculus Staff
edited September 4 in Oculus Rift + Touch
  • Dash
    • We added a bunch of new design updates for improved panel navigation, management, as well as a more consistent visual treatment.
    • Experiments Panel: A new experiments panel has been added to the Settings menu. From here you can try new features and product experiments (all features here are subject to change):
      • Wrist Watch: once enabled, your left wrist will display the time when Dash is up. If you pin the watch, it will display on your wrist in Home and in all apps.
      • Pullout Panels: Press A + Grip and pullout individual app windows from Oculus Desktop and place them anywhere.
      • Remove Panel Footer: this setting removes the visual controls (chrome) on all Dash panels.
    • Long Press: Sets the Oculus Button to a long press to avoid accidental presses.
  • Oculus Home
    • Improved graphics card support for panel streaming: The ability to stream your desktop content directly to displays in your Home is now supported across additional graphics cards.
    • Summer Furniture : A new collection of 10 assets that fit a tropical summer theme. Objects include:
      • Lustrous Palm
      • Beach Read
      • Florence the Flamingo
      • Summertime Recliner
      • Summertime Umbrella
      • Surfboard
      • One Swan-a-Swimming Floatie
      • Buddy Bear Floatie
      • Sidewinding Serpent Floatie
      • Shabby Sharkhead
    • Tutorial Improvements: Tutorials for new users should now be easier to manage with the addition of lessons in your Home settings menu. In the Interface section of settings, each section of Home tutorials is available to start individually, giving you quick access to the information you need. In addition, you can now dismiss an individual tutorial at any point in the process.
  • Oculus Desktop App
    • Improvements to Unknown Sources: The ability to bulk import applications, as well as re-add previously removed applications via your Library. 
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Comments

• RaunhoferRaunhofer Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    All hail the Long Press! Thank you Oculus!
    You once again listened us!
  • dburnedburne Posts: 1,430
    Project 2501
    edited August 23
    Awesome , update sounds great!
    Thanks for the tutorials as well!!

I notice Oculus Home has been starting now when I power on my PC, is that correct? Never had done that before. (headset tucked away in it's box).
    Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I7 [email protected] GHz|EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Elite|16GB Corsair Platinum 2133MHz| TM Warthog + 7.5cm Ext| MFG Crosswind Pedals| Rift CV1|Windows 10 64 bit 
    Project 2501
    edited August 23
    I don't see anything related to Oculus Home in my Startup, but now Home starts each time I power on my PC. Never seen this before. I do not want it to launch until I put headset on which is how it has been.
    Anyone else seeing this in 1.30? Any way to disable it from doing that?
    Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I7 [email protected] GHz|EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Elite|16GB Corsair Platinum 2133MHz| TM Warthog + 7.5cm Ext| MFG Crosswind Pedals| Rift CV1|Windows 10 64 bit 
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 158
    Art3mis
    So, is this a beta or not?  Thanks.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 25,651 Oculus Staff
    Sorry, I should have mentioned: this is for Public Test Channel users available now, the full live release is coming later.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    Project 2501
    I submitted feedback on how Oculus Home  with 1.30 now starts as PC boots up. I hope they can get that corrected, I do not care for that much.
    Don

Yes, clicking Provide Feedback in the Help Center (lower left corner) will be the best place for feedback. 
  • DeadlyJoeDeadlyJoe Posts: 768
    3Jane
    Is the Wristwatch bug fixed? The one that causes the wristwatch panel to stay open all the time.
    I'll have to ask about the wrist watch. Last I remember, it would only happen if you haven't completed the Home tutorial. If you follow the instructions on the watch (I think you have to invite one friend and maybe do a few actions) then the panel will disappear.
  • MonstaahMonstaah Posts: 143
    Art3mis
    So does the new summer time assets mean we're likely to get a new tropical themed environment?  or have we got that all ready and I haven't noticed?

PC Specs:

Black Box, with wires & some kind of electronicy stuff inside..
    oooh it even has lights!! =)
    Art3mis
    Sorry, I should have mentioned: this is for Public Test Channel users available now, the full live release is coming later.
    Thanks, maybe edit the title?
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,100
    Wintermute
    Wildt said:
    Long Press: Sets the Oculus Button to a long press to avoid accidental presses.
    OMFG! Thank YOU!
    Agreed. It’s about fricking time. 
  • nikony13nikony13 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    looks like auto start after update to 1.30 when you boot up is a bug. its activated by proximity sensor with error message that Oculus is not working properly.
    Art3mis
    nikony13 said:
    looks like auto start after update to 1.30 when you boot up is a bug. its activated by proximity sensor with error message that Oculus is not working properly.
    Man I'm still glad that 1.30 is still beta, I just wish I could roll-back to 1.28, lol!  Since 1.29 I have not been able to properly shutdown X-Plane 11.25.  Of course, fingers pointed at each (Oculus and X-Plane developer) which unfortunately does not help us users.
  • LuluViBritanniaLuluViBritannia Posts: 157
    Art3mis
    As long as we don't get back the previous avatar features, there is no reason for any update.
    Just kidding (lol), I like what I read! Now I just hope it will be better than 1.29, performance-wise. I mean, 1.29 works great, but it's still not at 1.26 level on my side.

Pullout Panels: Press A + Grip and pullout individual app windows from Oculus Desktop and place them anywhere.
    It's shown as a new thing? So it was removed after 1.29 after all...
    It would be great to stop removing features. Pulling out windows from the desktop was one of the main selling arguments for Dash, so I was really surprised to discover I couldn't even do that anymore (well, in my case it didn't change much because I get the orange box error whenever I try this, so I can't really use it for now xD).
    RIP My previous VR face :

My current config : HP Omen laptop, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5-7300 HD @2.5GHz + Nvidia GTX 1050 (2GB VRAM).
    Owner of an Oculus DK2 and an Oculus CV1.
    Currently plays on :

- Beat Saber.
    - Windlands.
    - Skyrim VR.

I use VR for :
    - Games.
    - Art Software (Tilt Brush, Oculus Medium, Mocu Mocu Dance).
    - Cinema VR (Oculus Desktop in Google Earth or Skyrim, or Virtual Desktop).
  • TaomynTaomyn Posts: 20
    Brain Burst
    Every time I try to broadcast anything to a screen within Home the whole thing freezes and then I'm in a white room with just the options of what to broadcast. If I press ok the whole thing crashes, pressing cancel takes my back into Home eventually.

Using the feedback to send a report, it's been 30minutes since I submitted it. Wonderful.

LuluViBritannia pulling individual windows never went away with 1.29 - it worked as they now state for 1.30, they just forgot to tell us though some of us worked it out.
    ---
    AMD Ryzen 7 2700X CPU | Asus RoG Strix X470-I Gaming Motherboard | Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM | EVGA GTX980Ti ACX 2.0+ GPU | Corsair Force MP500 M.2 120GB SSD | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SDD | Corsair H100i v2 Cooler | Corsair 250D Case | Corsair RMx 750 80+ Gold PSU

• Mark_McQMark_McQ Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I'm getting the auto-start issue as well, plus a boundary error.

• LuluViBritanniaLuluViBritannia Posts: 157
    Art3mis
    @Taomyn : It did stop working for some people though (including myself).
    RIP My previous VR face :

My current config : HP Omen laptop, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5-7300 HD @2.5GHz + Nvidia GTX 1050 (2GB VRAM).
    Owner of an Oculus DK2 and an Oculus CV1.
    Currently plays on :

- Beat Saber.
    - Windlands.
    - Skyrim VR.

I use VR for :
    - Games.
    - Art Software (Tilt Brush, Oculus Medium, Mocu Mocu Dance).
    - Cinema VR (Oculus Desktop in Google Earth or Skyrim, or Virtual Desktop).
  • DickTheSpoonDickTheSpoon Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Glad it's not just me getting the Home started at windows boot and the false error  about the Guardian system not working. I just spent an hour trying to work out what the heck was going on. Where do I submit feedback going blind as I can't find it anywhere???????????? :(
    Project 2501
    Glad it's not just me getting the Home started at windows boot and the false error  about the Guardian system not working. I just spent an hour trying to work out what the heck was going on. Where do I submit feedback going blind as I can't find it anywhere???????????? :(
    On the Oculus Home screen on your monitor.
    Lower left - Help Center - Provide Feedback.
    Don

Feel free to add me if you want, you should be able to remove me after the tutorial.
    Project 2501
    Everyone that is getting this auto start on bootup now, be sure and submit feedback on it. I hope they correct that soon.
    Don

We've received the auto start on boot reports and are working to resolve it. Thanks for your feedback.
    Project 2501
    We've received the auto start on boot reports and are working to resolve it. Thanks for your feedback.
    Thank you!
    Don

• DickTheSpoonDickTheSpoon Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    dburne said:
    On the Oculus Home screen on your monitor.
    Lower left - Help Center - Provide Feedback.
    Thank you, obvious when you think about it :o
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 3,270 Valuable Player
    Hi have they implemented a way to bulk open the furniture unlocks for home yet? It seems madness it me, it literally will take me a whole game session to open them all
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,100
    Wintermute
    Has anyone else had gift boxes that don’t have anything in them?  Happened to me a few times. Grab it and throw it and.....nothing. 
    Project 2501
    Digikid1 said:
    Has anyone else had gift boxes that don’t have anything in them?  Happened to me a few times. Grab it and throw it and.....nothing. 
    I have had a couple of them of late.
    Don