[Rift] Display Stutter Until GPU Driver Reinstall Oddly Specific Issue — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

[Rift] Display Stutter Until GPU Driver Reinstall Oddly Specific Issue

BidoingBidoing Posts: 1
NerveGear

Hello,

I have been having an unique issue with my Oculus Rift. I will describe my setup below:

I have an Oculus Rift with 3 sensors.

My Rift is connected with an HDMI (to Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB) and USB 3.0 extender to my PC.

When my computer restarts or my HDMIis reconnected (note, this does not occur when just the headset USB is reconnected) I get a strange stutter/jitter in the Oculus display. This is the only time that this stutter occurs.

My tracking is working perfectly and all sensors are detecting properly, I do not believe this is tracking related.

The only solution that I have found is doing a driver reinstall with my GPU drivers. Currently on version GeForce 398.82, but it has been happening for multiple driver iterations.

I have tried refreshing my GPU drivers via "Win+Cntrl+Shift+B", however that does not resolve the issue.

It's an oddly strange and specific seeming issue, once the drivers are reinstalled with the headset plugged the display functions entirely as expected.

Any ideas on what is causing this? My theory is possibly the use of the HDMI extender? It is a powered repeater though.

Comments